Expired Hot Deals

[MEC] MEC Transference Reversible Down Jacket $63.20

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2020 7:12 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jun 25, 2005
531 posts
223 upvotes

[MEC] MEC Transference Reversible Down Jacket $63.20

This is part of the MEC winter clearance at 68% off and a better looking alternative to the Uniqlo down jacket on sale a while back. It’s 650 fill with no hood but will work nicely to layer underneath a shell. I find the smooth side to look very tailored with subtle branding near the bottom. This is sized a little bit large (as with most MEC clothing) so try on a size smaller. Also, comes in with a women’s style at the same price.

Men’s: https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5061-513/ ... own-Jacket
Women’s: https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5059-865/ ... own-Jacket
20 replies
Newbie
Dec 30, 2012
36 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
It's a good jacket, I have the shell too. It's pretty sleek.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12698 posts
3159 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I dunno, the reverse just looks like you're wearing your jacket inside out. lol But then, people have never bought from MEC for fashionable looks.
Newbie
Feb 4, 2009
54 posts
114 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP - just ordered one. Free shipping too!
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jun 25, 2005
531 posts
223 upvotes
It’s definitely not high fashion :) They pretty much added extra pockets and the material tag is removable but I just don’t like the look of the baffles but like having down. I refuse to wear Canada Goose.

Some of their urban lines are pretty comparable in quality to lululemon ... both HQs are in Vancouver so there might some similarities for their employees and supply chains.
Newbie
Oct 7, 2007
75 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anybody know about the return policy for these clearance jackets?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2005
1132 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks OP! A nice deal.
Newbie
Aug 25, 2011
65 posts
36 upvotes
BURLINGTON
aznduk wrote: Anybody know about the return policy for these clearance jackets?
I have never returned online, but instore there have been no restrictions on clearance returns - same as a regular purchase.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 24, 2008
1867 posts
543 upvotes
Thanks OP, picked up a black one.

As the OP said, the sizing on these jackets runs a little large. If you fall between two sizes, most likely the smaller size will fit you best. The medium was ridiculously big on me but the small fit perfectly.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Member
Feb 18, 2007
482 posts
512 upvotes
Vancouver
monkey_bongo wrote: It’s definitely not high fashion :) They pretty much added extra pockets and the material tag is removable but I just don’t like the look of the baffles but like having down. I refuse to wear Canada Goose.

Some of their urban lines are pretty comparable in quality to lululemon ... both HQs are in Vancouver so there might some similarities for their employees and supply chains.
Where the HQ Is has zero bearing on product quality.

This jacket is made in China.
Jr. Member
Nov 22, 2017
139 posts
166 upvotes
I bought the 3-1 transference for $170 on clearance online. Bought two sizes and returned one, was no problem. Also used there chat support and they were great.

Good versatile jacket for the money. Certainly not as good as a $400 (half price) Arc’teryx, but that should be obviously.
Member
Jul 31, 2008
360 posts
178 upvotes
Markham
danascully wrote: Where the HQ Is has zero bearing on product quality.
MEC designers are very good at putting the "You" in Ugly.

This is coming from a guy whose wardrobe is mostly camo.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jun 25, 2005
531 posts
223 upvotes
danascully wrote: Where the HQ Is has zero bearing on product quality.

This jacket is made in China.
I find Made in China is pretty damn broad. Plus, it has no bearing on quality so your statement is a generalization and wrong and at worst just racist. That in general needs to stop.

Secondly, look at the large brands based in Vancouver ... lululemon, Arcteryx/Veilance, MEC, Aritzia, Herschel, Kit and Ace, Reigning Champ. None of the products are made in Canada but since they’re in the same city, someone from say lululemon may start working at another company and take their knowledge of foreign factories and contacts over.

Not exactly the same but Athleisure/Yoga vs Athleisure/Outdoors and at the same original retail price at $200. More unique materials on lululemon but down insulation in the MEC.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/mens-jacke ... =0001&sz=S
Member
Feb 18, 2007
482 posts
512 upvotes
Vancouver
monkey_bongo wrote: I find Made in China is pretty damn broad. Plus, it has no bearing on quality so your statement is a generalization and wrong and at worst just racist. That in general needs to stop.

Secondly, look at the large brands based in Vancouver ... lululemon, Arcteryx/Veilance, MEC, Aritzia, Herschel, Kit and Ace, Reigning Champ. None of the products are made in Canada but since they’re in the same city, someone from say lululemon may start working at another company and take their knowledge of foreign factories and contacts over.

Not exactly the same but Athleisure/Yoga vs Athleisure/Outdoors and at the same original retail price at $200. More unique materials on lululemon but down insulation in the MEC.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/mens-jacke ... =0001&sz=S
Where exactly did I say made in china was bad?
Member
Feb 18, 2007
482 posts
512 upvotes
Vancouver
monkey_bongo wrote:
Secondly, look at the large brands based in Vancouver ... lululemon, Arcteryx/Veilance,
Veilance/LEAF and the Alpha SV are all made in Canada.

And just so we don't get any other assumptions. This isn't "better" or "worse" than the rest of the arcteryx line that is made in China.

Top