Expired Hot Deals

[MEC] Merrell Moab 2 Hiking shoes on sale at MEC (25% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2021 10:24 am
[OP]
Apr 6, 2003
424 posts
64 upvotes
Ottawa

[MEC] Merrell Moab 2 Hiking shoes on sale at MEC (25% off)

Was looking for Moab hiking shoes. MEC has them on sale (both men and women) at around 25% off. They had a good selection of sizes (both regular and wide).
38 replies
Nov 10, 2013
390 posts
323 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I am not going to downvote you, but this is not a deal.
Personally I prefer low cut hikers for everything, however if I wear a taller boot it'd be taller than that.
Nov 17, 2013
154 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gobseck wrote: I am not going to downvote you, but this is not a deal.
uhh what?
Aug 30, 2007
25 posts
12 upvotes
Burlington
Personally I prefer low cut hikers for everything, however if I wear a taller boot it'd be taller than that.
I think this depends on what you hike. I prefer mid for the ankle support when hiking some uneven and hilly terrain.
Dec 29, 2013
135 posts
122 upvotes
Thanks, these are great boots and a solid deal. I bought my first pair (earlier version) in NZ in 2005, second hand.. I just picked up my 3rd pair. I've hiked everything from sea-ice, desert sand, to rain forest, in these. Comfortable, not hot, waterproof, not heavy.
May 22, 2014
414 posts
282 upvotes
mid sole is good for hiking in winter / cruddy terrain.. who wants crud and snow in their shoes?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2009
1350 posts
502 upvotes
Ontario
MaxMartin wrote: uhh what?
SportChek often has Merrell products on at larger discounts. Iirc, Marks also.
Mar 17, 2013
3 posts
2 upvotes
Yes Sportchek does have Merrell products on sale often, but not the MOAB 2 Mid height.. been looking to get a pair and watching these for the past half year now.

So this would make it a decent deal. The only other time I've seen Mid height on sale is at SAIL in one specific color.
Oct 24, 2007
927 posts
147 upvotes
BC
Sportchek too. I bought a women's pair!
Jun 27, 2006
25 posts
11 upvotes
apneab wrote: Thanks, these are great boots and a solid deal. I bought my first pair (earlier version) in NZ in 2005, second hand.. I just picked up my 3rd pair. I've hiked everything from sea-ice, desert sand, to rain forest, in these. Comfortable, not hot, waterproof, not heavy.
I think you'll find out that you preferred the 2005 version that was Gore-Tex, if I'm not mistaken. The newer versions are definitely not as waterproof and I think the overall construction quality has dropped off as well. Sad, because the low-cut version was my go-to.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2613 posts
542 upvotes
Burlington
spinnable wrote: I think you'll find out that you preferred the 2005 version that was Gore-Tex, if I'm not mistaken. The newer versions are definitely not as waterproof and I think the overall construction quality has dropped off as well. Sad, because the low-cut version was my go-to.
This.
Merrell used to be my go to, but no longer. 3 bad pairs in a row with no compensation, despite clear mfg defects (Chameleon winter boots splitting along the seams, lace loops failing etc). Early pairs lasted 4-5 years, last one <1 year.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Jun 17, 2018
49 posts
37 upvotes
At the last Sport chek VIP sale these worked out to about 45% off.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1929 posts
367 upvotes
'sauga
Casper wrote: This.
Merrell used to be my go to, but no longer. 3 bad pairs in a row with no compensation, despite clear mfg defects (Chameleon winter boots splitting along the seams, lace loops failing etc). Early pairs lasted 4-5 years, last one <1 year.
Same experience here, no more Merrell for me. They simply aren't durable any longer, and hardly waterproof. I've since switched to Columbia hikers and am happy with those so far.
Apr 29, 2015
189 posts
214 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Thanks OP - MEC had an awesome return policy. I prefer to shop there if possible.
Jun 15, 2019
230 posts
342 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked up a Vent model for my wet feet.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42739 posts
6942 upvotes
Looking to get a pair for my trip out west.

How does it compare to North Face?
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42739 posts
6942 upvotes
rokask wrote: Thanks OP. Picked up a Vent model for my wet feet.
Link for vent model?
Blanka
Apr 26, 2003
960 posts
134 upvotes
Vancouver
I wore a Merrell Moab FST as an everyday for 3 years before it started falling apart. Brought from Amazon for $41. That was a deal! Still have it to mow the lawn with.