• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2018 12:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12218 posts
15359 upvotes

[MEC] Pacsafe V100 Anti-Theft RFIDsafe Wallet - $25 - 32% off Reg. $37 at MEC

MEC is having the Pacsafe RFIDsafe Wallet V100 on sale for $25, regular $37 (32% off). Other places sell it for around $40.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5051-795/ ... gK0bPD_BwE
Last edited by LonesomeDove on Feb 27th, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a nice day!

18 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12218 posts
15359 upvotes
It is not the RFID feature that is important. Pacsafe products have special features that ones at dollar stores don’t have. This Pacsafe one have a strap that attaches to your belt to prevent pickpockets who are a big problem in Europe. Pacsafe also makes bags, purses, and backpacks that are anti-theft. That have steel mesh to prevent slashing of bags, security clips, and slash proof straps.
Have a nice day!

Jul 13, 2007
400 posts
349 upvotes
Vancouver
charlesd79 wrote: $4 at Dollarama. YMMV
No thank you on whatever that thing is ^

I don’t get the down votes ... upvoted and thanked OP.

Pacsafe makes excellent products imo.. I have a weekender bag from them and it’s one of my favourite bags!
Last edited by dawn_g_dkny on Feb 28th, 2018 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35652 posts
21738 upvotes
Center of Universe
DESCRIPTION
ShowDescription
A highly organized design meets top of the line security. This bi-fold wallet is lined with RFID blocking material to block scanning and prevent identity theft. A detachable wrist strap tightens to your wrist if dropped or grabbed.

Made of 210-denier nylon ripstop with a water-resistant coating.
Lined with water-resistant 200-denier polyester.
RFID blocking material keeps your identity safe.
Detachable wrist strap is strong, light Dyneema and has a loop that tightens to your wrist if your wallet is accidentally dropped or snatched.
Outer zippered coin pocket.
Slots for paper money including an internal zippered compartment.
5 card slots including a mesh slot.

That's interesting?
Jul 31, 2008
400 posts
201 upvotes
Markham
vkizzle wrote: That's interesting?
It is probably the best wallet I have ever owned. I have owned a lot of wallets from designer, through "EDC" ones from Victorinox and Maxpedition.
Reasonably thin, holds and hides money well, and the loop strap is actually useful (I thought I would hate it when I first bought one of these a few years ago).
The wrist strap I think is useless.

I also find the stitching on Pacsafe products to be very well done in general.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10960 posts
2079 upvotes
Agree, I have Pacsafe LS200 for travel. I like the good built quality and security features but kind of overpriced for the bland look, perhaps the bland look is another security feature :lol:

mdl.tor wrote: It is probably the best wallet I have ever owned. I have owned a lot of wallets from designer, through "EDC" ones from Victorinox and Maxpedition.
Reasonably thin, holds and hides money well, and the loop strap is actually useful (I thought I would hate it when I first bought one of these a few years ago).
The wrist strap I think is useless.

I also find the stitching on Pacsafe products to be very well done in general.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1500 posts
819 upvotes
Guelph
With all these deals lately, i'm going to need an RFDsafe wallet!!!..... i'll show myself out.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3352 posts
2252 upvotes
GTA
LonesomeDove wrote: It is not the RFID feature that is important. Pacsafe products have special features that ones at dollar stores don’t have. This Pacsafe one have a strap that attaches to your belt to prevent pickpockets who are a big problem in Europe. Pacsafe also makes bags, purses, and backpacks that are anti-theft. That have steel mesh to prevent slashing of bags, security clips, and slash proof straps.
Agreed, the Pacsafe wallet has more to offer than just the RFID blocking.

It's like saying a Toyota Corolla is the same as Ferrari because they both have tires.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12218 posts
15359 upvotes
82 wrote: Agree, I have Pacsafe LS200 for travel. I like the good built quality and security features but kind of overpriced for the bland look, perhaps the bland look is another security feature :lol:
I also bought the Pacsafe LS200 for an upcoming trip. Very good quality. I like the security clip that prevent pickpockets and the slash proof material.

It is a bit expensive but you can get it for a slightly lower price on Amazon.ca.

https://www.amazon.ca/PacSafe-Metrosafe ... ds=pacsafe

Or at MEC:

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5046-573/ ... oulder-Bag
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3659 posts
1849 upvotes
Vancouver
LonesomeDove wrote: Pacsafe also makes bags, purses, and backpacks that are anti-theft. That have steel mesh to prevent slashing of bags, security clips, and slash proof straps.
I know, I have one of their bags. Bought from Value Village for $10 :D
Apr 24, 2015
151 posts
22 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
V200 is on sale too but that is mainly suited for traveling.
Nov 24, 2014
386 posts
368 upvotes
Isla Nublar, Costa R…
LawEightSix wrote: With all these deals lately, i'm going to need an RFDsafe wallet!!!..... i'll show myself out.
wow RFD gold.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4748 posts
2102 upvotes
GTA
Apparently, MEC is a membership based retailer. Sorta like Costco. Granted, it's just $5 for a lifetime membership but if you've never purchased from them before and you want to buy this wallet, it's an extra $5 at checkout
Feb 14, 2018
371 posts
277 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: Apparently, MEC is a membership based retailer. Sorta like Costco. Granted, it's just $5 for a lifetime membership but if you've never purchased from them before and you want to buy this wallet, it's an extra $5 at checkout
I wouldn't say it's exactly like Costco.
It's a co-op, so you basically end up owning a part of MEC.
If they accidently make a profit, they have to give it back to members.
Jan 13, 2017
410 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
What is MEC's return policy? Is it unlimited returns on most things like Costco?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5996 posts
2162 upvotes
Toronto
Is this rfid theft thing really a big issue? I mean if it were, then thieves would be out with their devices stealing everybody's info.. How close do they have to be to be able to do so?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5996 posts
2162 upvotes
Toronto
563786243045216 wrote: I wouldn't say it's exactly like Costco.
It's a co-op, so you basically end up owning a part of MEC.
If they accidently make a profit, they have to give it back to members.
Is this meaningful in any practical way? I mean I've been a member a decade and never received dividends or anything. Even if you do technically own a miniscule part of mec, it's not like you can do anything about it
Feb 14, 2018
371 posts
277 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Is this meaningful in any practical way? I mean I've been a member a decade and never received dividends or anything. Even if you do technically own a miniscule part of mec, it's not like you can do anything about it
The amount you would get back is calculated based on how much you spend. "https://www.mec.ca/en/explore/shares-and-credit-notes"
It is probably fairly insignificant though.

You also get to vote on board members, and some other decisions.

MEC shouldn't really be popular on RFD since they actually have a policy against putting stuff on sale (supposedly they only do clearance). Lately they seem to be ignoring that policy.