Expired Hot Deals

[MEC] Prana Stretch Zion Men's Convertible Pants 32L (various sizes) - Green or Grey (free ship)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 12:27 am
[OP]
Sep 5, 2008
645 posts
555 upvotes
Port Moody

[MEC] Prana Stretch Zion Men's Convertible Pants 32L (various sizes) - Green or Grey (free ship)

Size 28 - 40 waist, all 32L.

$50.40 (reg. $105) and free shipping since they're over $50.

To me, these are the ultimate in comfort and durability plus some casual style. Use for hiking or kicking around doing chores, etc. I have 3 pairs of the Zion, plus other Prana stuff including the shorts. Excellent quality and they don't really wear out. Great for those extended work from home times where you don't need to dress up much! LOL

Really though, reviews online are great for these... here's one:
https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/ ... ible-pants

Description:

Designed for the situational adventures that hiking and travel typically bring. Gusseted crotch permits mobility, whether you’re scrambling over fallen logs or sprinting for the last ferry. An adjustable waistband will help you relax after a plate full of beans and tortillas or seventeen courses of tapas.

Made of nylon and spandex, an abrasion-resistant, quick-drying fabric with easy stretch.
Fabric is treated with DWR to resist light rain.
Front and rear pockets, and angled dual entry cargo pockets.
Belt loops at waistband.
Zip-off legs to convert to shorts (30.5cm/12" inseam).
46 replies
Nov 20, 2004
495 posts
522 upvotes
Vancouver
Have 2 pairs of the 3/4 length and 1 pair of the shorts. Got them, must be at least 8-9 years now. These are my go to shorts/pants in the summer, still. Super comfy, fast drying and durable af. Highly, highly recommended. Got them on clearance at Atmosphere for $30 each. Wish my time machine was functioning.
Nov 13, 2018
523 posts
1235 upvotes
Nothing says "casual style" like pants that zip into shorts.
Nov 9, 2015
51 posts
60 upvotes
Amazing. Have been looking at these pants for climbing. I'm a 33W, better to size up an inch or down?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4809 posts
1982 upvotes
Ancaster
They won’t win any style awards due to the visible seams and lack of taper, but these are indeed awesome pants. One pair of these and a pair of chinos were all I needed when I did Vancouver to San Francisco down the Pacific Coast.
Mar 9, 2004
167 posts
57 upvotes
My older brother has these. Dad pants. He loves Costco and these pants.
Nov 20, 2004
495 posts
522 upvotes
Vancouver
Stephen9o3 wrote: Amazing. Have been looking at these pants for climbing. I'm a 33W, better to size up an inch or down?
Just get both if you're near an MEC. Otherwise go up since these are cinch waist anyways.
Mar 4, 2019
33 posts
65 upvotes
Awesome pant for hiking and summer in general. Never bothered to zip mine to a shorts. In for 2!
Nov 26, 2014
397 posts
653 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Only nerds wear convertible pants.
Jun 9, 2019
184 posts
269 upvotes
I now have a perfect image of the average RFD user.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1544 posts
245 upvotes
One of the reviews says these have ventilation holes near the crotch area. How are these in colder (winter) weather?
Nov 13, 2018
523 posts
1235 upvotes
vado66 wrote: I now have a perfect image of the average RFD user.
These pants, and whatever Calvin Klein sweater was on sale for $14.99 at Costco, plus those Costco Kenneth Cole Boots.

If you can't spot them, just listen for the person bragging about their cellphone plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2128 posts
356 upvotes
Canada
bobor wrote: One of the reviews says these have ventilation holes near the crotch area. How are these in colder (winter) weather?
It'll shrink when it's cold.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4331 posts
727 upvotes
Edmonton
bobor wrote: One of the reviews says these have ventilation holes near the crotch area. How are these in colder (winter) weather?
The holes will just be a couple smaller circles surrounded by thread. They have done this in past for their pants. I have worn Prana clothing for a very long time and they make good stuff. Long lasting and generally well thought out design. I really dislike zipper pants due to the ridge line in them. While hiking and moving around I do not like the extra bulk that can be caught in things.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Oct 11, 2016
22 posts
6 upvotes
Echoing that these are some of the best pants for hiking and camping. Have had them for 5-6 years and taken them all over the globe. Not really "bumming around the house" pants for me but great for the outdoors. Solid price, too.
Jan 22, 2017
41 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal
Stankonia wrote: My older brother has these. Dad pants. He loves Costco and these pants.
mikebmt wrote: These pants, and whatever Calvin Klein sweater was on sale for $14.99 at Costco, plus those Costco Kenneth Cole Boots.

If you can't spot them, just listen for the person bragging about their cellphone plan.
It’s not nice to make fun of your dad! You’ll get there one day, don’t worry...

Thanks OP. Good deal.