Thermacell mosquito repellants and refills on sale

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2021 6:40 am
[OP]
Jul 7, 2008
866 posts
654 upvotes

[MEC] Thermacell mosquito repellants and refills on sale

Hi, various products from Thermacell are on sale at MEC. Price match with home Depot for additional savings.

Sale ends August 11
Last edited by AceMagnet on Aug 5th, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
156 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14165 posts
5751 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How well do the thermacell repellants work compared with say the Off lanterns? Are there any products that are safe for indoor use? Went to a cottage early July and each night turned into mosquito swatting fest. Wondering if these can be used indoors or do we need one of those UV light zappers?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35914 posts
22040 upvotes
Center of Universe
rvs007 wrote: How well do the thermacell repellants work compared with say the Off lanterns? Are there any products that are safe for indoor use? Went to a cottage early July and each night turned into mosquito swatting fest. Wondering if these can be used indoors or do we need one of those UV light zappers?
Works extremely well, provided there's not a strong wind.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2008
866 posts
654 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: How well do the thermacell repellants work compared with say the Off lanterns? Are there any products that are safe for indoor use? Went to a cottage early July and each night turned into mosquito swatting fest. Wondering if these can be used indoors or do we need one of those UV light zappers?
Just came from camping, and I have Thermacell Patio Shield Mosquito Repeller and it worked really, really well. We were 6 people at the campsite and soon as mosquitos started bothering us we would start this and we just stop noticing them.
The only thing is it eats up through the refills fairly quickly so it's good idea to get extra.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1488 posts
2483 upvotes
Vancouver
Works way better than off lanterns.

You probably want the radius/patio if you're doing a static setup. The other ones are for portability
Oct 28, 2016
116 posts
43 upvotes
Apologize as i know this is probably talked to death but difference between the patio shield and E55?
Feb 3, 2018
5 posts
12 upvotes
Thank you OP! Solid deal for sure. Was kicking myself because I missed the Cabela's sale that had a Mega Pack on sale for $60 but this is better. Picked up a few 48-hour packs.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1467 posts
431 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
Thanks and thanked OP! PM'd at HD and got an extra 10% off
[OP]
Jul 7, 2008
866 posts
654 upvotes
Appreciate all the upvotes! Glad you guys find this deal useful, mosquitos can be super annoying lol.

Does anyone know where to get the refills for the thermacell e55? Picked this up to save some money on not having to buy the butane refills, but can not find the actual refills anywhere.
Oct 16, 2020
10 posts
6 upvotes
Its the same refills as the radius. On the new packages it states that its compatible for both, but if you get an older one with only "Radius Refills" they will work fine.
Jun 7, 2019
42 posts
39 upvotes
Thanks OP. Missed the sportchek sale last month, bought now.
AceMagnet wrote: Does anyone know where to get the refills for the thermacell e55? Picked this up to save some money on not having to buy the butane refills, but can not find the actual refills anywhere.
What K0cain said. But isn't the cost of butane cartridge + mats refills ($30 regular for 48 hrs) lower than the refills for electric ones ($30 reg for 40 hrs)? Am i missing something?
Nov 23, 2020
49 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
AceMagnet wrote: Does anyone know where to get the refills for the thermacell e55? Picked this up to save some money on not having to buy the butane refills, but can not find the actual refills anywhere.
That's why I bought the backpacker version
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/6004-658/ ... lour=NOC02
that works with standard butane tanks that are cheap.
The whole construction is bulkier, but in the end it's cheaper to operate, especially with such discounted mats :)
Dec 21, 2006
739 posts
493 upvotes
azgandut wrote: That's why I bought the backpacker version
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/6004-658/ ... lour=NOC02
that works with standard butane tanks that are cheap.
The whole construction is bulkier, but in the end it's cheaper to operate, especially with such discounted mats :)
Not really, the refill doesn't have price advantage compared to butane canisters + mats.
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/6004-661/ ... lour=NOC02
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/6004-663/ ... l-24-Hours
Mar 1, 2012
87 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op. Price match at Canadian tire with spend 80 get 20ctm.
May 23, 2016
140 posts
213 upvotes
Curious why the 48hrs refill pack (12 mats + 4 butane cartridges) ends up being cheaper than the 2x mat only refill (6 mats). Is there any difference in the mat?
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4923 posts
6305 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jephree wrote: Curious why the 48hrs refill pack (12 mats + 4 butane cartridges) ends up being cheaper than the 2x mat only refill (6 mats). Is there any difference in the mat?
Because most people have figured out how to refill butane already and the money is mostly in the mats.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8476 posts
1300 upvotes
TO
hey folks, can this be used indoors like in a house/cottage? We were in midland last week in a 100 year old house with not the best screened doors/windows and it pretty much for a buffet for mosquitors every night. I wish I had this, but would it be safe indoors with the kids?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent