• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2020 9:28 am
[OP]
Feb 9, 2018
74 posts
89 upvotes

[MEC] Tilley Endurables LTM6 Airflo Hat - Unisex - 25% Off

Tilley Endurables LTM6 Airflo Hat - Unisex - 25% Off

Not bad when compared to buying directly from Tilley.
121 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5107 posts
1537 upvotes
GTEH!
Good deal.

When there are Tilley Warehouse sales, sometimes you can get some good deals (I've read on RFD threads).
😎
Jun 26, 2013
13 posts
3 upvotes
This is an awesome hat which I've worn for years on many sailing and hiking adventures! And I'm always amazed at the lengths people from around the world go through to get one.
Just put a string on it with fisherman knots so that it won't blow off your head.
Price is excellent!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2895 posts
2534 upvotes
Oakville
I prefer the outdoor research hat, for half the price. It's worn by scientists and explorers. Wind UV and water resistant.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2568 posts
1222 upvotes
Awesome hat and great online price.

Once stores reopen, there are some great deals at the Tilley store in east Toronto (900 Don Mills Road). I bought the T4M Hiker's Hat (very similar hat to OP post) for $57. Seasonally, there are incredible deals on odd colours and last-years models of hats too (these were $20-25 each when I was there in November).
Jul 27, 2016
28 posts
45 upvotes
Hat is made of nylon... How is that good?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1578 posts
217 upvotes
Lévis
Bear in mind that since tilley has changed hand, prices has gone up a bit and quality down a bit...
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3423 posts
1728 upvotes
digimonn wrote: Hat is made of nylon... How is that good?
...and made in China. Doesn't mean it's not good quality, but when I see a hat with a $90 price tag, it better be made close to home for me to even consider it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5107 posts
1537 upvotes
GTEH!
Repels rain. dries quickly.
😎
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3423 posts
1728 upvotes
Webhead wrote: Repels rain. dries quickly.
Seems counterproductive on a hat that has a strip of ventilation holes. Dry hat, wet head.
Nov 13, 2009
104 posts
12 upvotes
How good is the airflow on this hat? Does your head get too warm and does sweat stain the hat?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3423 posts
1728 upvotes
jmdc wrote: How good is the airflow on this hat? Does your head get too warm and does sweat stain the hat?
One of the MEC reviews. Keep in mind that people tolerate heat differently. I'm not sure that any hat can breathe well and be UV resistant.

Nice urban hat.
Does not work to well in the outdoors.
Very hot if the temperature is above +20 Celsius.
If it is windy the brim either flops down in front of your eyes so you cannot see anything or it flips up then you have the sun in your eyes and cannot see.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1150 posts
459 upvotes
London, ON
jmdc wrote: How good is the airflow on this hat? Does your head get too warm and does sweat stain the hat?
I can't speak for this particular model but I have owned another Tilley hat without the ventilation holes for over 20 years and it's no different than any other hat in the summer time. Does a great job of shielding the sun. Have run mine through the wash many times and still in excellent condition. I am going to buy another one with the ventilation holes.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19678 posts
12778 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Webhead wrote: Repels rain. dries quickly.
Many years ago I got the original cotton hat. [They didn't even offer a nylon version in those days.] Once cotton gets wet in a rainstorm it stays wet until there's a hot sunny day (or a clothes dryer) to dry it out. It's not much fun wearing a wet or even damp hat on a cool or overcast day. But it's actually a benefit to wear it on a hot, sunny day because the evaporation cools your head. So sometimes on such days I'll even dip the hat in water to get the A/C effect.

A few years ago that cotton hat started to fray. Tilley replaced it under warranty. They even allowed me to upgrade to the all-nylon version for the difference in price. As well, Tilley returned the old cotton hat, marking it inside so it couldn't be replaced again. Nevertheless the hat remains usable, even if it doesn't look all that good.

So now I have a new, good-looking hat that's ideal in wet weather AND a cotton hat for use on hot days. The best of both worlds, each at half price ;)

Tilley hats may be expensive ($68 for a hat on sale!) but they're worth it when you consider how well they're made and how good their warranty is.
veni, vidi, Visa