Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3300 posts
173 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area

[MEC] Timbuk 2 Transit

Those who need a urban bag this one isn't bad...
Images
  • timbuk.jpeg
9 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1902 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto
You can try PMing the Timbuk2 store in Toronto if there’s no stock.
Mar 13, 2017
285 posts
264 upvotes
I've been using the Command bag by Timbuk2 for a year now:

- That hook design on the front is a major pain in the rear to unhook. It came to a point where I just didn't bother anymore and only use the velcro now.
- The material on the padded strap doesn't have anything to grip to stop it slipping. So if you wore the bag with a winter jacket on, it slips fairly easily. So if you leaned over or bent down to tie your lace or something, this tends to swing over easily.
- Not sure about this model but there's limited stability to the bag so when you keep it on a table, it's going to fall over flat. Leaning it against something is tricky too since the cover material is slippery.

The bag is pretty decent and I still use it but I can't say I love it because of these niggles.

The waterproof material works well (easy to clean too) and the padded laptop partition is great.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1207 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver
Jimmydeals wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 3:32 pm

- That hook design on the front is a major pain in the rear to unhook. It came to a point where I just didn't bother anymore and only use the velcro now.
- The material on the padded strap doesn't have anything to grip to stop it slipping. So if you wore the bag with a winter jacket on, it slips fairly easily. So if you leaned over or bent down to tie your lace or something, this tends to swing over easily.
- Not sure about this model but there's limited stability to the bag so when you keep it on a table, it's going to fall over flat. Leaning it against something is tricky too since the cover material is slippery.

The bag is pretty decent and I still use it but I can't say I love it because of these niggles.

The waterproof material works well (easy to clean too) and the padded laptop partition is great.
Darn, I had my sights set on the Command bag for a while now, as I thought I would like the hook design (I don't like clips). I was also looking at it due to my current cheap should bag having a really slipper shoulder pad... I guess I will do some more bag-searching :(
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1614 posts
125 upvotes
Thanks OP was looking for a bag like this
Mar 7, 2011
482 posts
289 upvotes
cgg123321 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 6:41 pm
Darn, I had my sights set on the Command bag for a while now, as I thought I would like the hook design (I don't like clips). I was also looking at it due to my current cheap should bag having a really slipper shoulder pad... I guess I will do some more bag-searching :(
Jimmydeals wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 3:32 pm

To be honest I got the command about a month ago and I love it. It’s a bit on the small side but you can’t have it all. If you want something versatile and durable you have to sacrifice capacity.

I actually kinda like the hooks. They were annoying st first but they are so fast to use and reliable also. As for the strap I haven’t had the issue you have.

My only real complain is that the internal storage area is limited. You can’t really pack a long days worth of stuff in it, but you can definitely use it for a daily carry for work/school.

It doesn’t hurt to have options for bags so if you don’t have a mid size bag, I’d definitely recommend the command
Mar 13, 2017
285 posts
264 upvotes
tunda11 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 8:24 pm
To be honest I got the command about a month ago and I love it. It’s a bit on the small side but you can’t have it all. If you want something versatile and durable you have to sacrifice capacity.

I actually kinda like the hooks. They were annoying st first but they are so fast to use and reliable also. As for the strap I haven’t had the issue you have.

My only real complain is that the internal storage area is limited. You can’t really pack a long days worth of stuff in it, but you can definitely use it for a daily carry for work/school.

It doesn’t hurt to have options for bags so if you don’t have a mid size bag, I’d definitely recommend the command
Which size do you have? I can't remember which one I got but it fits my thinkpad nice and snug.
I agree, the bag can be a little limited when trying load in too much.

Like I said, the few issues I had are just something that affects me enough that I don't love the bag.
However, I still use it and it does function very well for what I need. Definitely not got looking to replace this one any time soon.
Mar 7, 2011
482 posts
289 upvotes
Jimmydeals wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 8:36 pm
Which size do you have? I can't remember which one I got but it fits my thinkpad nice and snug.
I agree, the bag can be a little limited when trying load in too much.

Like I said, the few issues I had are just something that affects me enough that I don't love the bag.
However, I still use it and it does function very well for what I need. Definitely not got looking to replace this one any time soon.
Definitely not gonna replace it at that price tag! I got the medium. It will fit a laptop no problem, but once you add your lunch (I take two meals), you're pretty much at capacity. You can stuff more in but it's kind of a stretch.
Mar 13, 2017
285 posts
264 upvotes
tunda11 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 8:45 pm
Definitely not gonna replace it at that price tag! I got the medium. It will fit a laptop no problem, but once you add your lunch (I take two meals), you're pretty much at capacity. You can stuff more in but it's kind of a stretch.
haha agree - and good point - with once lunch that I take, it's pretty full. Probably not the right use for the bag I guess.
I got it during the 50% off deal that they have every year so got a good price I think.

Still definitely not something I'm going to stop using and better for a professional 'look' than the backpack that I had before.