Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
MEC

MEC (Toronto) Vivace Cycling Gloves, $12

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2012 7:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2008
1003 posts
125 upvotes

[MEC] MEC (Toronto) Vivace Cycling Gloves, $12

These MEC cycling gloves are labeled $12.00 (marked down from $25) clearance in store (Toronto), and its currently unadvertised here: http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Cycling/M ... s-mens.jsp

Decent glove for only $12 dollars. Lots of different colors though not too many medium or large. Also, a MEC membership is required (and costs $5 fo lyf3)
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
I fell off my bike the other day and the first thing you do is try and brace the fall with your hand and guess what happened to my hand? At that point I realized that I should have been wearing gloves!.....and a helmet. lol
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9645 posts
911 upvotes
Muskoka
I happened to be at Burlington MEC last night, no gloves there on sale.

Corleone187 - I only wore gloves sporadically before, as I thought they were just for grip, and I never have trouble with grip, even on crazy trail rides. Then I went down last week at 50kph on gravel, and happened to be wearing gloves. I still tore up my hand a bit, but without gloves, my hand would have been ground meat! Too bad I wasn't wearing knee pads, too!
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7286 posts
1329 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Website shows $25 for me
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
Bullseye wrote: Then I went down last week at 50kph on gravel, and happened to be wearing gloves. I still tore up my hand a bit, but without gloves, my hand would have been ground meat! Too bad I wasn't wearing knee pads, too!
That's what she said ... ok ok protective gear is very important and we all learn that when we actually have to bail. Kind of like air bags no once cares about them until they go off and save your ***** . These deals should have MMV if they are in store only. Also noticed MEC has changed the way they tag stuff, it's now clearance on marked items only and not on the rack. Got hit with this the other day so look at your price tags.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
Bullseye wrote: I happened to be at Burlington MEC last night, no gloves there on sale.

Corleone187 - I only wore gloves sporadically before, as I thought they were just for grip, and I never have trouble with grip, even on crazy trail rides. Then I went down last week at 50kph on gravel, and happened to be wearing gloves. I still tore up my hand a bit, but without gloves, my hand would have been ground meat! Too bad I wasn't wearing knee pads, too!
I think if I was going 50kph I would have been toast! I was going very slow and my knee was wrecked as well...
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2002
1551 posts
331 upvotes
Vancouver
I think I've seen these on sale months ago at MEC, Vancouver... If you notice the suggested items they have purple versions of these gloves for $12.
-----------------------------
Oh RFD!!! You've Broken my wallet.... :(
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9645 posts
911 upvotes
Muskoka
I'm mostly a mountain biker, and very used to crashing, so I think I just fall well. Jiu jitsu training helps, too, first thing you learn is how to fall. Go down loose, like a rag doll, and land on forearms.

If I'd been wearing full gloves, hands would have been much better. Will always wear my fulls from now on, no more shorties!
Corleone187 wrote: I think if I was going 50kph I would have been toast! I was going very slow and my knee was wrecked as well...
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
How do they fit?

They look really bulky from the photos. :confused:
Jan 6, 2010
389 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
trini wrote: They also have a netted Kevlar palm glove for $15.00 for summer riding.
I own the open finger version of this glove and its a good buy.
Which one is the kevlar one? Is it only in store as well?
Smart to support: Openmedia.ca
*No Canadians were harmed in the creation or posting of this message... unless you count the hangnail I just pulled, in which case a Canadian has definitely just been hurt.*
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1575 posts
92 upvotes
Collingwood
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: How do they fit?

They look really bulky from the photos. :confused:
I remember they fit pretty snug, I am usually an XL with a litttle room and if these are the same as I tried on they were snug. Gloves vary a lot but compared to the ones in my drawer that makes them fit larger then my nikes, smaller then fox, about the same as time and tighter then 661.

Best to go try in, slip on cycling gloves can be a real ***** to get on and off particularly if they fit poorly.

Oh if you are really cheap and not a member just give them the phone number of someone you know who is a member... I have used my dads for 15 years :D .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)