• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 9:55 pm
[OP]
Aug 1, 2005
912 posts
105 upvotes
Burnaby

[MEC] Victorinox Alox Cadet Silver Swiss Army Knife $29.94, free ship over $50

Great price on a classy, all metal, slim and lightweight SAK. this is one of the most easily pocketable SAKs and you'll barely notice you're carrying it. $30 is the best price I've seen on Cadets, Amazon.ca had the red version for $30 a month ago and it sold out.

Check stock at your local store online. Vancouver had 1 left (saw it with my own eyes) in a locked drawer under the SAK display case this morning. Its also in stock online, free shipping over $50, and some stores offer free pick up of online orders.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1414 upvotes
Abbotsford
Rip off. This is a $10 or $15 knife. Max.

Compare this to the blue steel sports huntsman for $20 in Sept 2019
Last edited by DanielM491 on Jul 23rd, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Aug 1, 2005
912 posts
105 upvotes
Burnaby
DanielM491 wrote: Rip off. This is a $10 or $15 knife. Max.

Compare this to the blue sports huntsman for $20 in Sept 2019
Can't compare the plastic SAKs to the Alox versions, Alox are another level of durability, slimness, and style. I own about 40 SAKs of all kinds; the Cadet is the one you will always have in your pocket when you need it. Huntsman is a great 4 layer, but most people aren't going to carry such a bulky heavy knife everyday.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7641 posts
9221 upvotes
Great deal OP, got two cause you know… free ship
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17587 posts
9924 upvotes
Ottawa
After buying an Alox SAK, hard to go back to the plastic ones. Love the slimness for everyday carry
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1414 upvotes
Abbotsford
I dont doubt the slimness. But the price is not a deal.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17587 posts
9924 upvotes
Ottawa
DanielM491 wrote: I dont doubt the slimness. But the price is not a deal.
This price of the knife is normally 40-50, so what about the price makes it "not a deal"

Please share where I can get this knife for a cheaper price.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7641 posts
9221 upvotes
DanielM491 wrote: Don't know. Don't care.

Buy it up if its a deal to you. I'll avoid, as I have seen similar for $20 or less.
Says you three posts in to something you don't care about.

🤦🏻‍♂️
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1414 upvotes
Abbotsford
Gtaphotog wrote: Says you three posts in to something you don't care about.

🤦🏻‍♂️
I do care about victorinox. But only if its a deal
Nov 16, 2006
994 posts
548 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…

Buy it up if its a deal to you. I'll avoid, as I have seen similar for $20 or less.
About as similar as a Range Rover is to a Ford Escape, LOL.
Nov 16, 2015
725 posts
1448 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Still bitter my order was canceled
Jan 8, 2008
477 posts
149 upvotes

For this alox cadet knife at this time and the $Cdn being what it is, this is a good price. I got it for around $20 ... ten years ago. As somebody else said, it’s a classy pocket knife.
[OP]
Aug 1, 2005
912 posts
105 upvotes
Burnaby

But you showed you care enough to post how terrible a deal you think this is, when I've not seen a Cadet for a lower price.

Also, nothing similar has been $20 or less. No you can't say the plastic SAKs that are all thicker, heavier, and more poorly manufactured are similar. I own both Alox and plastic SAKs, I love them all but nothing is comparable to the Cadet for its quality and what it does well.

I'll say this: the $30 Cadets I bought from the Amazon sale that I gave as gifts have been daily carried by the recipients. No 84mm or 91mm plastic SAK that I've given as a gift has been daily carried.
Jul 9, 2020
46 posts
17 upvotes
Had a Cadet years ago when I did alot of hiking and camping and it was great! I lost it with moving alot but just jumped on this deal to replace it! Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2351 posts
3090 upvotes
What's a good multi-tool to carry everyday? Something small, with scissors?
Oct 15, 2019
20 posts
33 upvotes
just in case anyone is interested in a bit of trivia, this is the knife that you are given when you do your military service in switzerland. military service is obligatory for male swiss citizens.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1301 posts
1917 upvotes
simplypop wrote: What's a good multi-tool to carry everyday? Something small, with scissors?
Personally I carry and love two particularly small multitools everyday. Sometimes I switch them up but in terms of small EDC, nothing is better than a Leatherman Squirt PS4, or a Victorinox Rambler or Victorinox Manager. I find these to have the best combination of tools available and the size is great. Smaller than a key etc.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17587 posts
9924 upvotes
Ottawa
simplypop wrote: What's a good multi-tool to carry everyday? Something small, with scissors?
If you just want something on your keychain, hard to beat the Swiss Army small knives.
https://www.swissarmy.com/ca/en/Product ... Results=60

If you want something a bit more heavy duty, but still keychain sized, the Leathermans are a good bet. https://www.leatherman.com/en_CA/keychain-multi-tools

Personally I have the MiniChamp https://www.amazon.ca/Victorinox-Swiss- ... 134&sr=8-1
and Alox Minichamp https://www.swissarmy.com/ca/en/Product ... /0.6381.26 on my keychains

71ZvEySYp0L._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2055 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
Any ways to get free shipping besides the $50min spend?