• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 9:05 am
[OP]
Oct 8, 2019
97 posts
52 upvotes

Mechanic to lower my car

Hello,

Live in brampton and picking up a set of lowering springs for my 2016 accord. It is a mild drop of about 1inch all around. Can anyone recommend good mechanic shop to install the springs? I dont want to go to my regular shop since they dont generally lower cars.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1063 posts
357 upvotes
Vancouver
Putting on springs isn't a hard job, I'm sure your mechanic can do it.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
10712 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
http://www.evolutionracing.ca

They do this sort of work and much more day in and day out. Been going to them for years and their main mechanic was a big Honda guy.
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13061 posts
7132 upvotes
Toronto
Your insurance company will love you OP for driving a Modded Honda in Brampton
[OP]
Oct 8, 2019
97 posts
52 upvotes
Swerny wrote: Your insurance company will love you OP for driving a Modded Honda in Brampton
Im paying $230/month with full coverage and $2M liability...not bad i suppose.
[OP]
Oct 8, 2019
97 posts
52 upvotes
Thanks for the replies everyone. I ordered springs...hopefully expecting them next week sometime. Any idea of what to expect cost wise? Ill be calling the above shops to get a quote.

Also, since I am doing a very mild drop (1 inch front and .7 inch rear), I assume alignment isnt truly necessary?
Oct 3, 2017
646 posts
476 upvotes
Just curious as the the reason for lowering? I know someone who drives modded cars and they bought a lowered Mazda speed6 and after a year they bought oem springs and went back to stock height. It was very hard to go over anything without scraping.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1262 posts
576 upvotes
Ontario
You should have the alignment checked as it could alter stuff like camber etc (and the car is 5yrs old after all of wear and tear.)
I wouldn't imagine it would take a shop more then a couple hours to do it.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1973 posts
730 upvotes
Brampton, ON
When I was a part of a Mazda forum. They all recommended "jimmy" in Scarborough. I went to him and he was great! (Idk if he still there though)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5640 posts
1808 upvotes
Space
Jimmy is an excellent tech. Highly recommend him.

flyingnurse wrote: When I was a part of a Mazda forum. They all recommended "jimmy" in Scarborough. I went to him and he was great! (Idk if he still there though)
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12113 posts
3261 upvotes
Scarberia
try chi auto! google it! back when i had an accord i went to him! i think hes still in markham near markville mall
or try the shops around midland and finch, speedtech! are they around still lol

also if u cheap on springs ur ride gonna be bouncyAF, try true coilovers where u can raise them and lower them for winter driving!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18304 posts
2169 upvotes
Woodbridge
APEX Motoring in Mississauga. Beside tires23.

It's like Import Fest over there. lol
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)