Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1345 posts
14 upvotes

Medical Insurance

Which are the better companies for medical insurance for a trip to Eastern Europe? I've heard too many stories of companies not paying out. Just went thru a 50 page contract with one and I can't do that for each one.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2170 posts
969 upvotes
Victoria
Most if not all will pay for your medical care in Eastern Europe since it's cheaper there. It's not like the states or western europe where they'll fly you back.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1345 posts
14 upvotes
MaxPower19 wrote: Most if not all will pay for your medical care in Eastern Europe since it's cheaper there. It's not like the states or western europe where they'll fly you back.
It is coverage for air ambulance etc than I am looking for. I don't see why any insurer would not cover you for this. I have been over to this part of the world a number of times and am aware of the quality and cost of various procedures in most countries we will be going to. Last time I went over I had TD coverage and it cost $400 for less than 30 days.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2170 posts
969 upvotes
Victoria
nornet wrote: It is coverage for air ambulance etc than I am looking for. I don't see why any insurer would not cover you for this. I have been over to this part of the world a number of times and am aware of the quality and cost of various procedures in most countries we will be going to. Last time I went over I had TD coverage and it cost $400 for less than 30 days.
The reason that most insurers will not provide an air ambulance in Eastern Europe is because it's cheaper for the insurance company to pay for your surgery there. Let me know if you find one that will cover air ambulance from Eastern Europe. Typically though, it's either air ambulance or local surgery at the insurance company's discretion.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2673 posts
1653 upvotes
Toronto
I hope the OP doesn't mind my piggybacking on his thread as I have a slightly similar question.

Can anyone recommend any good medical insurance companies for elderly people (age 70+)? My parents are flying out to central Europe and we would like for them to be covered.

Thank you!