Toronto

[TO-Medicare] KN95s available

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
August 31, 2020
Retailer:
TO-Medicare
I ordered my KN95 from a Toronto based supplier at 42.99 + shipping. It is free shipping if over $100 dollars.
Local pickup is available if you are in Toronto.

Quality is very decent. It has 5 layers. However, they are not those NIOSH approved medical mask.

I also talked with the customer service. They will have kid size masks available very soon.
I think i will get a few boxes for my kids when(if) school reopen
Images
  • a7814213a2b6e65fbe753446aa8d5210.jpg
  • d9d4d49f323ce77f0e5a6a6ed3ff6906.jpg
  • 337eaad514bd56dd9c1eab8b72a543ce.jpg
  • ea02586973429bfb1a1e69faf52be351.jpg
  • 61f50e9ab5f2383d067b72c66df2154e.jpg
  • IMG_20200701_220129.jpg
  • IMG_20200701_220136.jpg
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3232 posts
1272 upvotes
Ottawa
Seems a good price of its reasonably reputable.
The ones from. Costco 3$/each.. Damn hard to breath through, and I have to stretch the ear loops or their hurt. I guess my heads too big lol

Keep in mind there's some reporting you can sanitize and reuse in instapot. Please research further, not sure if Hundred Points Symbol on that efficacy
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1597 posts
1221 upvotes
dickenwolf wrote: I ordered my KN95 from a Toronto based supplier at 42.99 + shipping. It is free shipping if over $100 dollars.
Local pickup is available if you are in Toronto.

Quality is very decent. It has 5 layers. However, they are not those NIOSH approved medical mask.

I also talked with the customer service. They will have kid size masks available very soon.
I think i will get a few boxes for my kids when(if) school reopen
Where do you see the local pickup option ? Are you saying the local pickup is free then? Or do you still pay 9.x $ and just pick up in Toronto?
Aug 29, 2016
85 posts
102 upvotes
North York, ON
If you guys want something of a "medical" grade --- that is ACTUALLY used in hospitals, then i would ask you to avoid GB2626 standard masks because it is designed for industrial use. These KN95s GB2626 from china are rarely used in medical setting as they lack protection against blood/fluid penetration. If it is 95% filtration its still better than the regular disposable face masks you see on market but still not as good as the N95s with NIOSH marking on it.

1. The masks you see in stores with "no translation" ---- consumer products not approved by Health Canada
2. The masks you see as "KN95" -- non medical use -- most are made from china, approved by Health Canada but not as good as N95
3, The masks you see as "N95" - likely NIOSH approved, with NIOSH marking, best mask you can find that actually protects you
Aug 3, 2017
152 posts
134 upvotes
utmosteffor wrote: If you guys want something of a "medical" grade --- that is ACTUALLY used in hospitals, then i would ask you to avoid GB2626 standard masks because it is designed for industrial use. These KN95s GB2626 from china are rarely used in medical setting as they lack protection against blood/fluid penetration. If it is 95% filtration its still better than the regular disposable face masks you see on market but still not as good as the N95s with NIOSH marking on it.

1. The masks you see in stores with "no translation" ---- consumer products not approved by Health Canada
2. The masks you see as "KN95" -- non medical use -- most are made from china, approved by Health Canada but not as good as N95
3, The masks you see as "N95" - likely NIOSH approved, with NIOSH marking, best mask you can find that actually protects you

All the points are correct, but will someone spit onto your mask or spill their blood on your mask in your daily uses? The Fluid Penetration to me is a bit useless for regular users, it meant to protect surgeons during surgery.

Edit: The way FDA test Fluid Penetration can be found in document "ASTM F1862 / F1862M - 17 Standard Test Method for Resistance of Medical Face Masks to Penetration by Synthetic Blood (Horizontal Projection of Fixed Volume at a Known Velocity)" from https://www.astm.org/Standards/F1862.htm
[OP]
Oct 21, 2011
31 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
yup price wise it is decent, but please don't reuse it. it is never recommended to reuse disposable masks. Moisture that locked inside the masks could create funky smells and bacteria.
[OP]
Oct 21, 2011
31 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
It was available when I checked out, but I bought over 100 dollars worth of masks (kn95 + 3ply) so it was free shipping for me.
[OP]
Oct 21, 2011
31 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
utmosteffor wrote: If you guys want something of a "medical" grade --- that is ACTUALLY used in hospitals, then i would ask you to avoid GB2626 standard masks because it is designed for industrial use. These KN95s GB2626 from china are rarely used in medical setting as they lack protection against blood/fluid penetration. If it is 95% filtration its still better than the regular disposable face masks you see on market but still not as good as the N95s with NIOSH marking on it.

Agree. I did a lot of research before.
Any claims too good to be true can't be trusted.
Lots of misinformation and false advertising.
Any earloop N95 and KN95 claiming NIOSH is definitely fake. Earloop cannot guarantee a perfect fit; hence, it is not approved to be used in medical setting; however, for average user, it is much better than regular surgical masks.
Aug 29, 2016
85 posts
102 upvotes
North York, ON
dickenwolf wrote: Agree. I did a lot of research before.
Any claims too good to be true can't be trusted.
Lots of misinformation and false advertising.
Any earloop N95 and KN95 claiming NIOSH is definitely fake. Earloop cannot guarantee a perfect fit; hence, it is not approved to be used in medical setting; however, for average user, it is much better than regular surgical masks.
yes. Almost all N95s do not have earloop
Mar 26, 2013
84 posts
60 upvotes
NANAIMO
I am so full of fear, I better purchase this product
[OP]
Oct 21, 2011
31 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
free shipping for over $50 orders available now.