Nov 27, 2020
83 posts
286 upvotes

Meeeeerrrry Christmas! Now help me with security camera advice

Hi, I would love for somebody to just link me to a 2-3 camera system that is:

1. wireless
2. outdoor
3. no subscription
4. ease of install and use is a MUST since going from dial tone to pulse was a traumatic experience for me.

Please no yelling if I have somehow offended with this post. I am genuinely and self-admittedly useless in this area and need as much help as possible. Thank you.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15062 posts
2645 upvotes
Arlo Pro 3 (these come with a local storage hub) w/ cloud storage also available (which I would presume you may not be interested). The rechargeable battery will power the camera between 3-6 months (depends on the environment and the range of outdoor temps.).

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ar ... e/13905752

Last edited by eldiablo on Dec 25th, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3697 posts
20711 upvotes
When you go no subscription, you will most likely require a NVR (network video require) which has a built-in storage because cloud costs $$ so the Arlo is definitely an option for you but you can look here for some ideas. Just remember that when you go wireless you have to worry about recharging your batteries or the unit if it doesn't have a replaceable battery.

https://www.costco.ca/surveillance-secu ... stems.html
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
1476 posts
614 upvotes
I second going with Wyze. I have three V2 setup around my house and they're great. 2 outside and one inside. I'll probably splurge and get the V3 when it becomes more readily available in Canada, but for simplicity sake, they work great, just plug in the power and set up on the app.
[OP]
Nov 27, 2020
83 posts
286 upvotes
thank you all. RFD Home and Garden section is fantastic.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1318 posts
1011 upvotes
HAMILTON
Did you go with the Wyze base ? Use an outdoor camera or just the indoor ones. Just trying to work all this out myself but looking for 2 inside 4 outside....