Air Miles Archive

MegaMiles 2019 - DEPARTURE LOUNGE (a place to CHECK IN with other RFDers doing the MMs 2019 Event)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2019 9:14 am
Tags:
None
May 19, 2009
426 posts
285 upvotes
Vancouver
Just saw a new offer with I was looking at BC offers, I don't think it's in this forum yet.

Atelier - looks like a Quebec based kitchen items/appliances store?
The offer is: 10x Miles when you spend 20+ on almost anything in-store or online
And if you look at this page
https://atelierduchef.com/en/airmiles/page/about/
They have some AirMiles bonuses with create an account (25 AM), subscribe to newsletter (25 AM), facebook review (20 AM).

The weird thing is, at the term of use at the bottom of the page, it says:
Collect 50 Miles by subscribing to Atelier du Chef’s newsletter.
Collect 50 Miles by reviewing a purchased product (100 words minimum, limit of 150 Miles/day).

So is it 25 or 50?? No idea lol.

Personally I don't see anything I'd buy from them at the moment, just threw a random pastry bag in the cart and delivery quote to BC was $100 Face With Tears Of Joy

===

My new game plan:

1. Rexall - Redeem 190 AMs for $20 (March 25-28) (New Westminster / Metrotown) + Rexall $5 off $25 purchase coupon
2. Shell - fill up 25L (5 BAM) / spend $10 (5 BAM)
3. Rona - Buy a bag of Green Cross lawn seed or fertilizer (12 AM) (Mar 21 - Apr 24) Offer Code 1044 (Burnaby)
OR 15 BAMs when you use 95 cash miles for $10 / 25 BAMs when you use 190 cash miles for $20 (Apr 4 - 24)
4. Lowe's - Buy a bag of Green Cross lawn seed or fertilizer (12 AM) (Mar 21 - Apr 24) (Queensborough) (will give the fertilizer away lol)
5. BMO card buy $250 at Shell (will get GCs) for 100 BAMs (Just applied for the card)

Spare:
6. Rewarding Your Opinion - 15 AM for completing survey (Mar 21 - Apr 25)
7. Airmilesshop - $100+ purchase for 50 BAMs (I don't have anything $100+ I want to get at the moment)
8. The Children's Place Buy 3 or more graphic tees (10 AMs) (Mar 21-Apr 21) (Metrotown) (if the first 5 doesn't post by mid-April I'll go buy some cheaper graphic tees and donate them)
9. Samsung Pay - link for the first time to Samsung accoutn (50 BAM) (Mar 22 - Apr 7)

I'm gonna do some of 6-9 if 1-5 don't all post by April 7. I saw another post suggesting saving the easy ones such as Rewarding Your Opinion and Samsung Pay for future events as they might show up again... in case future events are harder to do.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11470 posts
1689 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks to all the organizers for setting up and maintaining this sub-forum!

Over the weekend, I bought the cheapest of the three wines at LCBO, bought $100 worth of stuff at Amazon.ca through airmilesshops.ca and bought the $150 GC at Sobeys. The clerk at Sobeys said a lot of people had been buying the GC already. Their receipt makes specific mention of this promotion as well, which is reassuring.

I'll buy gas at Shell tomorrow and spend $40 on stuff at Rexall next week when their offer goes live and I'll be good to go to get 1000 AM. I'm using The Bay's point conversion thing as a backup.
May 9, 2018
66 posts
36 upvotes
Summerside, PE
PointsHubby wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 8:02 pm
To be honest, AMEX is a SOMETIMES YES / SOMETIMES NO Partner in these BIG BONUS Events
So no real surprise IMO
Just a pleasant plus when they do participate
I did a bit of research as a result of your post ... curiosity got the best of me

The MegaMiles Events started back in the Fall 2015 ... as a sort of expirement
It didn’t reappear until Spring 2017
Shop The Block started up in 2016... as a NEW event, but modelled on the Fall 2015 MMs format
So since December 2016, the schedule we all are familiar with has been maintained
STB late Fall in time for “Shopping Season”
And MegaMiles in the Spring ... although the timing / months have varied anywhere from March thru June
And this year, The Pack To School BIG BONUS Event & Contest started up as a Late Summer / Early Fall Event

AMEX has only participated in 3 Events since these Events have become the norm:
STB 2017 - MMs 2018 - and STB 2018
Whereas BMO has been there for everyone except P2S 2018
Thanks for this. I had the Platinum Air Miles card (which I just got for the 2000 sign up) and decided to downgrade to the no fee one. Guess I'll have to consider switching over to a BMO card.
Aug 22, 2012
404 posts
437 upvotes
BURLINGTON
Just redeemed 190 miles at Rexall (Ontario) and receipt shows only the 1 AM earned, not the 40. Hoping they come later but I can't see it written anywhere :( . Anyone else done this one yet?
Contesting can be a healthy coping mechanism :lol: I have fallen in love with this forum
:arrow: Double Lung Transplant 05/13/16. #BeADonor :arrowl:
*Thank you RFD*
Nov 4, 2018
38 posts
71 upvotes
vanxan wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 2:42 pm
Just redeemed 190 miles at Rexall (Ontario) and receipt shows only the 1 AM earned, not the 40. Hoping they come later but I can't see it written anywhere :( . Anyone else done this one yet?
I wouldn't stress about it. Rexall had very similar offers during shop the block and I used both. The cash redeem offer took a few weeks to get into my account. The spend 40 get 20 offer was loaded to my account the following day. I think there's some sort of delay for air miles when it's a cash redemption so I wouldn't fret. From my experience as long the redemption happened, you're good.
Mar 25, 2019
8 posts
8 upvotes
Here's my gameplan for this coming Thursday (when I get paid and can go shopping):

Partners #1 & #2: BMO & Rexall
- DONE Spend $200 in Gift Cards (iTunes + Amazon) at Rexall and spend the remaining $50 on toiletries for a trip that I am going on. Get 100 MM's
- DONE Use $5 off Survey Coupon https://www.rexall.ca/assets/downloads/ ... ey2019.pdf
- DONE Get 80 BAM's for spending $50 or more https://www.rexall.ca/assets/downloads/ ... ey2019.pdf
- DONE Additional 25 BAM's for spending $25 or more at Rexall
- Return after April 1, 2019 to spend $40 more to acquire 20 MM's
*** 225 BAM's from these partners.

Partner #3: Air Miles Shops
- DONE Use $100 Amazon GC that I purchased from Rexall towards Fire HD 10 Tablet (currently on sale for $45 off https://www.amazon.ca/Fire-Tablet-1080p ... spons&th=1)
*** Get 50 MM's for spending $100+ in a single transaction.

Partner #4: Shell
- DONE Get 5 MM's for 25L min. fuel purchase
- DONE Buy a $10+ GC for additional 5 MM's
*** 10 BAM's from this partner.

Partner #5 & #6: Samsung Pay & Hudson's Bay
- DONE Enrol at Samsung and link Collector Card for 25 BAM's + 50 MM's
- DONE Enrol at Hudson's Bay and link Collector Card for 30 MM's
*** 105 BAM's from these partners.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by jreginald on Mar 29th, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Dec 31, 2008
341 posts
278 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Ontario collector here. This is my 2nd MM event. I've only been a serious AM collector for just over a year (starting with STB 2017). Here is my plan of attack for MM 2019:

Shell: fill 25L - DONE
LCBO: PJ Cream - DONE
Rexall: redeem 190 miles
Metro: redeem 95 miles
Rona: redeem 95 miles

I'll also do the HBC and Samsung offers just to see if I can get some extra BAMs, but I already did these to qualify for STB 2018. I always do Shell, LCBO, and Metro for these events since I shop there anyway. I usually do Rexall and Sobeys as well, depending on how good the offer is. This year's Sobeys $150 GC offer is not great for me since I rarely shop there.
Jun 18, 2018
736 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
svattom wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 9:25 pm
Ontario collector here. This is my 2nd MM event. I've only been a serious AM collector for just over a year (starting with STB 2017). Here is my plan of attack for MM 2019:

Shell: fill 25L - DONE
LCBO: PJ Cream - DONE
Rexall: redeem 190 miles
Metro: redeem 95 miles
Rona: redeem 95 miles

I'll also do the HBC and Samsung offers just to see if I can get some extra BAMs, but I already did these to qualify for STB 2018. I always do Shell, LCBO, and Metro for these events since I shop there anyway. I usually do Rexall and Sobeys as well, depending on how good the offer is. This year's Sobeys $150 GC offer is not great for me since I rarely shop there.
Doing the exact same offers - total spending would be 380 AM, $30 in gas, and like $15 on LCBO..so basically getting all your purchases for free and like $20 in AM and all the BAM that comes with these offers.
Feb 7, 2018
21 posts
4 upvotes
Hi guys, Has anyone set up a thread for NL offers ? I haven’t been able to find it. Thanks !
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10472 posts
7703 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Hey Everyone,

My weeklong Business Trip is FINALLY OVER
(Talk about crappy timing)
Got home late tonight will begin posting again in the morning

@Snowbelle ... Yes updates on the way for Newfoundland & Labrador
However most of the offers there are overlaps to the other Atlantic Provinces or National Offers
(And most of those are already up)
See the MegaMiles Website for full info = www.airmilesmegamiles.ca
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11470 posts
1689 upvotes
Mississauga
I realized after the fact that my airmilesshops/Amazon purchase was $100 after tax instead of before, so it won't count. Nevertheless, I'm at 4 promotions:

1) Sobey's $150 GC purchased
2) LCBO wine purchased
3) Shell gas purchased
4) Lowe's grass seed purchased

All of these have been reported on my Air Miles account already, which is great. I just need to buy $40 worth of stuff at Rexall next week and I'm good to go for 1,000 bonus Air Miles!
Dec 20, 2011
334 posts
89 upvotes
Windsor, On
$122 to complete 2 cards. I didn't have enough cash miles on the one card I only use for bonus times. Set it at 30/7o (dream) so that 300 miles go into cash for the next time. This was a good one, really easy for Ontario peeps to finish.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1123 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
I planned on these:

Sobeys - GC purchase - DONE
LCBO - some wine - DONE
Metro - XL Pizzas for 25 BAM
Shell - $10 purchase

Rexall - 40BAM when redeeming 190 miles - shit the bed on this one and dint redeem in time
Replacing with Miss Fresh for 500 BAM

Anything else I should consider? I live in downtown toronto, dont have a car and would prefer something closer to DT core.
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Jan 14, 2013
14 posts
22 upvotes
seems like no one mention about the Global Pet offer?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2461 posts
1182 upvotes
kodkod wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 11:20 am
seems like no one mention about the Global Pet offer?
See the individual offer threads: Hot Deals, SubForum 2019 Air Miles Mega Miles