2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

MegaMiles 2019 - DEPARTURE LOUNGE (a place to CHECK IN with other RFDers doing the MMs 2019 Event)

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2019 7:16 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2307 posts
1070 upvotes
kodkod wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 11:20 am
seems like no one mention about the Global Pet offer?
See the individual offer threads: Hot Deals, SubForum 2019 Air Miles Mega Miles
Feb 25, 2015
3 posts
Grand Bend, ON
Talamasca wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 10:40 pm
I realized after the fact that my airmilesshops/Amazon purchase was $100 after tax instead of before, so it won't count. Nevertheless, I'm at 4 promotions:

1) Sobey's $150 GC purchased
2) LCBO wine purchased
3) Shell gas purchased
4) Lowe's grass seed purchased

All of these have been reported on my Air Miles account already, which is great. I just need to buy $40 worth of stuff at Rexall next week and I'm good to go for 1,000 bonus Air Miles!
There seems to be a lot of avid Airmilers here who can probably answer my questions.

When you say the purchases have been reported on your Air Miles account, will it always state "Mega Miles"? When looking at my transactions online, I see that Shell says Mega Miles Fuel Offer but I also used the Mega Miles coupons for the Sobey's gift cards and for a Lowes purchase (through AirMilesShops) that was over $160. Mega Miles isn't indicated for those transactions. Also is there anything that can be done about an Amazon purchase that was over $100 but Amazon.ca split the order into 2 shipments so therefore 2 invoices each less than $100?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2307 posts
1070 upvotes
tttown wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 5:04 pm
When you say the purchases have been reported on your Air Miles account, will it always state "Mega Miles"? When looking at my transactions online, I see that Shell says Mega Miles Fuel Offer but I also used the Mega Miles coupons for the Sobey's gift cards and for a Lowes purchase (through AirMilesShops) that was over $160. Mega Miles isn't indicated for those transactions. Also is there anything that can be done about an Amazon purchase that was over $100 but Amazon.ca split the order into 2 shipments so therefore 2 invoices each less than $100?
In fact, most transactions do NOT include reference to Mega Miles. For example, the Sobeys GC - "BONUS REWARD MILES".
Oct 12, 2010
86 posts
88 upvotes
I noticed that there isn't a thread for EVERY possibly MegaMiles participated though I suppose it doesn't make sense if there are a bunch of local ones.

I aimed for:
1) Shell 25L fill up (done)
2) Rexall , spend 190 AM (done)
3) Rona, spend 190AM (done)
4) Scarboro KIA (Done, I think)
5) Metro, redeem 95 AM (waiting for window)

So I bought a KIA last year and thought I would get my oil changed at Scarboro KIA which is supposed a MegaMiles partner this year offering 2x miles for their normally 1mile/$20 spent. Total was $55 before tax which should give me only 2 AM + bonus 2, but I appear to have only received the 2 AM. It's been a week no and no sign of the bonus. It's a bit odd since you don't get any sort of invoice listing the amount of AM you get, they just added it separately afterwards with no paper trail, other than what the AM website reports. I'm beginning to wonder if this is actually going to register as a MegaMiles bonus.
Sep 21, 2016
68 posts
18 upvotes
Checking in, I've been doing the Air Miles thing for a while. Originally from the States (Montana), currently on working holiday in Vancouver (BC).

So far:

Shell: 5 BAM for $10 store spend- done (I use Zipcar so the other Shell offer relies on me getting a car with a tank that's half-empty or less first, which hasn't happened yet)
Survey site: 15 BAM for one survey- done
Safeway: 5x on $50 spend - done
Rexall: 20 BAM for $40 spend - done

I just need to find one more offer. Probably the Hudson's Bay one since I haven't even signed up for their rewards thing before.

As for why I'm doing this- during my first few months here I've found Dream miles to be pretty decent redemption value in going back to Montana to visit. With some planning, an AmEx, and timing my grocery shopping at Safeway to hit 100 for $100 and Customer Appreciation day every time I can, I've already scored a round-trip at 1760AM + $150-ish in taxes for a flight that would normally cost just this side of US$500 (missing the entirety Shop the Block in doing so, though), and I'm hoping to do it one more time before my working holiday ends. Bonus: AM redemptions on Delta earn Delta miles on top, both award and status-qualifying.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8314 posts
5754 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Hey Everyone,

Checking in.

Been MIA for awhile... unfortunately i’ve been down & out with Bronchitis.

Looks like most folks are doing better this year with MegaMiles than last year, or even past BIG BONUS Events.

Except for Metro’s VERY CONFUSING Cash Miles Redemption Offer this weekend (they changed BOTH the PLU Code & the BAMs Amount)
I attribute a lot of success to AirMiles themselves being better organized this time out.

I think their IT staff have done a much better job with the official website = www.airmilesmegamiles.ca

And laying out / describing each Offer, and what is expected to complete it correctly.

Except for Metro... the quirks seem to now mostly lie with the Cashiers at individual Retailers and how they interpret / apply the offers.

That stuff... is just part of the way it goes when you have a Loyalty Program that is set up for Multi Retailers across a variety of platforms (Instore, Online, thru AirMiles Shops.ca etc)
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2307 posts
1070 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 12:10 am
Hey Everyone,

Checking in.

Been MIA for awhile... unfortunately i’ve been down & out with Bronchitis.

Looks like most folks are doing better this year with MegaMiles than last year, or even past BIG BONUS Events.

Except for Metro’s VERY CONFUSING Cash Miles Redemption Offer this weekend (they changed BOTH the PLU Code & the BAMs Amount)
I attribute a lot of success to AirMiles themselves being better organized this time out.

I think their IT staff have done a much better job with the official website = www.airmilesmegamiles.ca

And laying out / describing each Offer, and what is expected to complete it correctly.

Except for Metro... the quirks seem to now mostly lie with the Cashiers at individual Retailers and how they interpret / apply the offers.

That stuff... is just part of the way it goes when you have a Loyalty Program that is set up for Multi Retailers across a variety of platforms (Instore, Online, thru AirMiles Shops.ca etc)
We are glad that you are back !
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8314 posts
5754 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Well I think we are done...
Completed all the Offers I needed over the weekend

My Card:
* Signed up / OPTED IN for BMO $ 250 Participating Partners Shop
* Signed up / OPTED IN for Shell Gas Offer
1- Bought a $ 50 GC @ Shell — POSTED Correctly
2- Bought Grass Seed @ Lowes — POSTED Correctly
3- Bought Fertilizer @ Rona, and used AirMiles Cash — ONLY Cash Redemption Confirmation POSTED so far
4- Shopped @ Metro, and used AirMiles Cash Offer — ONLY Cash Redemption Confirmation POSTED so far
5- Bought Participating Wine @ LCBO — Nothing POSTED Yet
6- Bought Gas @ Shell — Nothing POSTED Yet
7- Been using my BMO MC all month at AMs Partners — Nothing POSTED Yet

SO’s Card
* Signed Up / OPTED IN to Shell Gas Offer
1- Shopped @ Rexall, and used AirMiles Cash — POSTED Correctly
2- Bought Participating Wine @ LCBO — POSTED Correctly
3- Bought a $ 50 GC @ Shell — POSTED Correctly
4- Bought Grass Seed @ Lowes — POSTED Correctly
5- Bought Fertilizer @ Rona — Nothing POSTED Yet
6- Bought Gas @ Shell — Nothing POSTED Yet

So there you have it ...
5 Offers done on both accounts ... PLUS one for insurance
Added the one extra, cause I have been burned in the past if you hang your hat on just the REQUIRED NUMBER
Gotta say, I am glad I did
Cuz I am not that optimistic about the whole Metro Cash Miles Weekend Offer Fiasco
Time will tell

So far so good, most of the Offers I have done POSTED very quickly (0 to 48 Hours)
Feb 7, 2018
21 posts
4 upvotes
Hi. Since there isn’t a sub forum for NL I’ll ask here
Has anyone received their miiles from NLC?
I’ve completed all five of my offers and theirs is the only one not posted yet
May 19, 2009
232 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver
Just finished my 5+1, hopefully they will post soon!

1. Rexall redeem 190 cash miles, get 40 BAMs - posted
2. Lowe's buy grass seeds, get 12 BAMs - posted
3. Airmiles shop buy $100, get 50 BAMs (bought with eBay) - NOT posted
4. RONA's redeem 95 cash miles, get 15 BAMs - NOT posted
5. Shell buy $10 in-store, get 5 BAMs (x4) - posted
6. BMO buy $250 at participating stores, get 100 BAMs (bought gift cards and lottery at Shell) - NOT posted

The airmilesshop with eBay one is taking a long while to post since that was bought in late-March...

Also wondering if local thrift stores would accept my bag of grass seeds as donation lol......
Oct 14, 2017
839 posts
605 upvotes
GTA
I'd like to be sure to thank PointsHubby, TomRFD and anyone else who was involved in setting up the MegaMiles forum. For me, having individual threads for each offer is a HUGE improvement over one mega-thread. I don't know if it saves all that much time being able to skip entirely the threads that don't interest me, but beyond that, another benefit of skipping a large majority of the threads is that I don't have to see nearly as many questions that have already been answered and/or that people could have found for themselves in a matter of a few seconds.

So thumbs up from me because I have found this new format not only more focused and user-friendly, but also less annoying.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3183 posts
6774 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
I have to agree with @Jonric regarding this sub-forum format vs the mega thread format - this format worked quite well IMO. I found the ability to hide threads not relevant to my region to be quite useful.

I'd also like to thank @PointsHubby and @TomRFD for taking the initiative to try this out on the MM promo and hope this format continues for the STB promo near the end of the year.
Feb 1, 2018
788 posts
803 upvotes
Montréal
Update on my MegaMiles progress. For reference, I'm in Quebec (Montreal):

1. IGA - 25 bonus miles on $100+ spend - POSTED
2. Jean Coutu - 3x bonus miles on $20+ spend - POSTED
3. Shell - 5 bonus miles on 25L+ fuel fill-up - POSTED
4. IGA Express - 10 bonus miles on $15+ spend - still pending (purchased yesterday)
5. AirMilesShops - 50 bonus miles on $100+ single transaction - still pending (purchased yesterday at Old Navy with 10X deal)

I was debating doing a sixth one for insurance today, in case I have any issues with AirMilesShops. But there really isn't a 6th offer I would be eligible for. The only one I could think of is Rachelle-Bery, but that requires a $45 spend and I don't generally shop there and there's nothing I need, so I don't want to throw away $45 for nothing. I'll have to cross fingers that AirMilesShops won't derp on me again and that all will post properly.

ETA: All have posted except IGA Express, which, I see from the other threads, might take a few weeks. I couldn't find a 6th offer to do, but at least I will get the 300 points and hopefully, assuming IGAE posts, the 1000.
Last edited by seriesofcontradictions on Apr 26th, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 19, 2018
66 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton
Did the following offers:

1. Shell 25L Gas Purchase get 5AM: Posted
2. Rexall spend $40 in store get 20AM: Posted
3. Safeway spend $50 get 5X AM: Posted
4. Sobeys spend $50 get 5X AM: Posted
5. Survey Participation get 15AM: Posted
6. Rona buy grass seed get 12AM: Posted

Hopefully I have no issues getting the 1000 AM, this will be my first time completing such an event.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8314 posts
5754 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Gadelros wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 1:11 pm
Did the following offers:

1. Shell 25L Gas Purchase get 5AM: Posted
2. Rexall spend $40 in store get 20AM: Posted
3. Safeway spend $50 get 5X AM: Posted
4. Sobeys spend $50 get 5X AM: Posted
5. Survey Participation get 15AM: Posted
6. Rona buy grass seed get 12AM: Posted

Hopefully I have no issues getting the 1000 AM, this will be my first time completing such an event.
Sounds like the 1000 BIG BONUS BAMs will be an easy get for you as all the other AMs & BAMs associated with the PARTNER COUNT / OFFERS have already POSTED

IMO... this really is the ideal way to get thru these events

In my own situation, I too have all my AirMiles & associated MMs POSTED
(Or in the very least for CASH MILE Redemptions, their CONFIRMATIONS)

So my POSTINGS & LOGOs match up with the needed 5 PARTNER COUNTS

Now just got to wait out the POSTING of the BIG BONUSes... should be about 7 weeks = 50 Days based on past events