• Oct 21st, 2020 7:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3495 posts
29375 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Memories in 2020

So what's in your memory from 2020? I'm having a hard time collecting any memories in 2020, and just wanted to know, what do you remember from this year? What will you remember from this year?

Sure some memorable things are happening, but I'm not having it in my mind. Hope it's not a wash. Maybe the fact that a family member got a new place I'll remember but that's not really a personal memory.
18 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43742 posts
6968 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
stinastr wrote: So what's in your memory from 2020? I'm having a hard time collecting any memories in 2020, and just wanted to know, what do you remember from this year? What will you remember from this year?

Sure some memorable things are happening, but I'm not having it in my mind. Hope it's not a wash. Maybe the fact that a family member got a new place I'll remember but that's not really a personal memory.
Well maybe if you didnt smoke so much weed

J/k!

2020 is not that memorable... i guess because of all the drama. Also staying indoors playing video games and isolated to only my family and a few select friends.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4639 posts
180 upvotes
Austin/Markham
It definitely feels like a blur, but it had its ups and downs like any year. I think it depends on your life pre-covid, with a family its hardly a noticeable change since your life already revolves so much around your kids. Still did strawberry picking but obviously no swimming or indoor gyms.
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
8966 posts
1168 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Well not counting the obvious stuff that's been happening in the world...on a more personal note...

Did a few notable hikes this year to some breathtaking nature (since it was one of the activities still available).
I moved prior to everything happening so there's some big change in getting acclimated during the whole situation
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13205 posts
2215 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Buying shoes for my birthday.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1367 posts
1127 upvotes
You should at least wait until the year is over!!! I believe the worst is still to come.
The rising sun is like a beating heart.

Time will cease to exist when there won't be a soul left in the Universe.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5200 posts
1994 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: Well maybe if you didnt smoke so much weed

J/k!

2020 is not that memorable... i guess because of all the drama. Also staying indoors playing video games and isolated to only my family and a few select friends.
Yeah honestly to me this is like that time when power went out across Toronto for a few days... stretched over a year (or more). Of course that's a memory, like we'll always remember the blackout, but it's not a "memory". To me this year is more like a year of my life that I didn't get to have. A year to survive and move on from.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1765 posts
291 upvotes
Pluto
Lots of work, lots of driving around aimlessly and exploring southern Ontario (when gas was down to 65c), had my mental health obliterated, worked on friendships and uhh yeah.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13205 posts
2215 upvotes
City of Vancouver
UrbanPoet wrote: Well maybe if you didnt smoke so much weed

J/k! ...
I am monitoring the OP's posts to see if they will develop schizophrenia. No joke.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3495 posts
29375 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Becks wrote: I am monitoring the OP's posts to see if they will develop schizophrenia. No joke.
My condition is medicated. Not going to fight it in court. It's a little dreary initially but helps through episodes. No one likes a person that loses control and makes the day worst for someone. This life is for everyone, we can only be what we are. As for living, it seems all the groupies of all these current habits people have are just to live life. Who am I to say it's supposed to be for me because I overhear it. As for destiny, everything we do is in it. If we're finite as this world has us believe, than maybe this is all tragic. If the machine is having a dose of y3k and sending it's nightmares onto us, we're still part of the pattern to enjoy and live our lives as best we can, but this routine is tiring and new. No one knows how we'll get through it, but I can still walk around places I have a memory of, this year, I can still picture Muskoka which I took a one day trip too, but it just doesn't stand out. We either use or become programs of our technology, or we still have healthy minds trying to find ways to better ourselves and the world around us.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1367 posts
1127 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Lol... nah... sinistr is a good guy.
He just uses rfd as a blog. Kinda like i do.
Some people on here think im bipolar.
You mean you are having sex North and South? Face With Tears Of Joy
The rising sun is like a beating heart.

Time will cease to exist when there won't be a soul left in the Universe.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1128 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
The Pickering Nuclear Power Station radiation scare was this year. January. Seems like years ago now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3495 posts
29375 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I take it that memories are in your memory short term of days passed, but the longer memories are memories you can take yourself to in a glimpse or a blink and only for that long before it kinda fades. Most memories are forgotten or in the backlog never to be rehashed again.

If we spend so much time cluttering about with our thoughts, we should at least do things we enjoy. I'm sure we got some enjoyment out of this year, and if we think back, I'm sure lots of other years weren't that memorable in our retention. Not much for going back, but time progresses in all directions, and we get to enjoy ourselves in the spaces we're in. We don't really matter all that much in the grand scheme of things, because we're part of the bigger picture and usually never truly alone. There's always people around us even if it's in the general area.

We did lots of crazy things that we don't care to remember for the thrill, as well as cringed at some new things proposed until we tried them. Life is what you make it, but it seems if we're to chase our aura to the ends to find what's really there, we're still prone to the glint that sparks up every time we do things that aren't necessarily bottling or packaging it into commercial use. We're our own engineers and entrepreneurs. With it, as with everything, comes some time to think and reflect. Memories chase us out of work because they're usually reminding us of something good, though useful, they can get us in that mode again. They're not save points we can go back to. To think how long we had to learn about gravity, and all the artists painting people (I don't know why nude) in the sky. I guess we'll be pure in the sky once that become the medium or open channel again for anything. I know we're not growing wings lol. So we we're land dwellers, and embarking on things to do here. We can change locales, but something tells me we're not yet home. So it's good to get lost sometimes and make a memory, because until the world is pure and friendly, and needs no walls or sickness, we'll all be having to shuffle feet and make do with this mirage that seems to never shut off, and you get as used to it as you want. That's current life, but if the sun goes, are we tied to the sun, do we go too, or are we mammals that had no higher purpose, no mindful bridge or eye to see beyond, that will succumb and become like insects put into the ground or burned up. I think I'm ok with being turned to ash if it does happen, but that means we lost something along the way, something that was here all along guiding us to see the truth in everything we do but it does impede chores and work, too much thinking, not really saying anything at all. I'm posting morning gibberish lol.

Zonked to another day!

Seems that everything in the universe was meant for life. I don't know about the sky being so high and all the clouds being water collectors, it's not functional with all that space lol. Gonna go try to wake up more and smoke a little to get into a more concrete drift.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3495 posts
29375 upvotes
Toronto, ON
On a side note, I don't think we're meant to go flying. More like a chess board of sky land water would all reshuffle without gravity and the universe would change shape and swoosh everything that life is away. Of course that means no more problems. But I'm not walking or looking around too much. I'm just simply wondering if excess can even exist in a world without a fair piece for everyone. What about talks of how much life is worth, multiplied by the number of times they've clocked in lol.

We've all had time to realize not everything that's offered is beneficial, we realize there is a sway and pendulum swing to most things in life, and if we make mini goals we can accomplish them simply because they're not the things we're really after. With every want comes the ability to attain it, but if too many things come your way, you have to find a place for everything. A collection of things. I don't know how many times in retrospect you bought something that's a good deal and you thought you'd make money on it, only to have it forever to sell. But putting money to get more money is a multiplier, not a real maker. The make up of money for things you really need is smaller, as I think a lot of people are figuring out with the money they save. Still we need memories, and a time together over a delicious meal, or a time away somewhere always inspires you into the future, cuz you can always find and bring back a little peace from there. We've got a long way to go and apparently we're already in the swing of things, and nothing has progressed to make us believe in something that we were thinking/breathing/living for a world that is progressively locked into place with only two ice caps on the north and south stringing it around, and than some loops for the side, but I think that's for the changing smile of the sun...not lol.