Hot Deals

Memory Express

8TB IronWolf NAS HDD, SATA III w/ 256MB Cache - $219.99 [$27.50/TB][CMR/7200RPM]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2021 10:48 am
[OP]
Aug 21, 2016
383 posts
644 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Memory Express] 8TB IronWolf NAS HDD, SATA III w/ 256MB Cache - $219.99 [$27.50/TB][CMR/7200RPM]

Was looking for HDDs for the NAS I purchased in the other thread. Not the best TB/$ but still not bad. Limit of 2 per customer.

Someone on reddit said it was ATL. But I think I've seen this lower in the past.
RFD Effect Is Real
7 replies
Jun 10, 2020
578 posts
555 upvotes
.. Bought two on eBay from Newer for $215 each, free shipping on July 18 of this year, so not All Time Low, that guy is incorrect. I would have bought this time but having issue with my creditcard and an address change. Shipping to North is double to the south. Wish they'd ditch shipping charges /eat them like most retailers but always had good experiences in past in-person with ME, .. And they're a Canadian retailer.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1506 posts
1009 upvotes
Near You
Thanks OP, in for at least 2.
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
[OP]
Aug 21, 2016
383 posts
644 upvotes
Calgary, AB
DasHip wrote: .. Bought two on eBay from Newer for $215 each, free shipping on July 18 of this year, so not All Time Low, that guy is incorrect. I would have bought this time but having issue with my creditcard and an address change. Shipping to North is double to the south. Wish they'd ditch shipping charges /eat them like most retailers but always had good experiences in past in-person with ME, .. And they're a Canadian retailer.
Yep, gonna pick it up today
RFD Effect Is Real
Jan 10, 2009
92 posts
19 upvotes
Winnipeg
How would these be for usb attached media for 4K and high bit rate material, should be good, no?
Better than standard Barracuda 8tb?
Jun 10, 2020
578 posts
555 upvotes
Avidfan wrote: How would these be for usb attached media for 4K and high bit rate material, should be good, no?
Better than standard Barracuda 8tb?
Should be fine. Too lazy to check but the spin speed and transfer rates will be just as good or better. The added bonus is that over a standard Barracuda compute (or whatever the loweend one is), you have likely a longer MBTF (mean failure) hours rating and they're designed for enclosures better (a 'hardier' harddrive ) :) . Probably simliar or better warranty too. Just a better drive. Usually you'd pay a premium for them over standard Barracuda because they're designed for the rigors of NAS use (higher vibrations, higher heat tolerances).

Due to my creditcard woes (had to go into a branch) I sadly missed out on the online deal here (out of stock :P ) :(
Meh, next time. Given they've gone on sale once a month, I take it they will go on again soon, somewhere.. My NAS can wait. Maybe I'll have more room for setup too when I'm done unpacking here.

Cheers.
Das
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1300 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
Dropped to 219 again and grabbed the last 2 in burnaby. To bad as I could use 2 me but only in vict branch now
Graphic Designer