Expired Hot Deals

[Memory Express] ADATA Premier microSDXC UHS-I Class 10, 128GB ($19.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2019 11:49 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1428 posts
4120 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Memory Express] ADATA Premier microSDXC UHS-I Class 10, 128GB ($19.99)

Includes the SD adapter.

Not the fastest so don't buy this for high write speed requiring applications.

Good deal if you are picking up at a local store, but not if you have to pay for shipping.
28 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5399 posts
2960 upvotes
If you need to ship, then canadacomputers have it for $2 more and you can pick it up locally. Bestbuy.ca doesn't have it or else could have price matched for cheaper
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4268 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
Wish amazon has same price soon, it fits perfectly for fire tablet 10 IMO.

Still waiting mine, coming on May 13th.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1428 posts
4120 upvotes
Calgary, AB
redflagdealsguy wrote: Interesting price. ADATA is hit and miss on the low end storage devices.

I'd be worried this thing would die on me.
Memory Express has always taken care of me with any issues. If it's under manufactures warranty they will handle it for you so you don't have any shipping costs. Usually they even take care of it if its a few days outside of warranty. Of course, this is only valid if you live near an actual store.
Last edited by blyndfyre on Apr 5th, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 17, 2009
816 posts
640 upvotes
Vancouver
How do they compare to Kingston canvas select?
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15118 posts
3021 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
tofubb wrote: How do they compare to Kingston canvas select?
Believe Canvas select is a higher-end product.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7018 posts
2668 upvotes
Calgary
Good price. Consider getting one for my phone. But I need a high speed one for my Samsung Gear 360. Recommendations?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28816 posts
9316 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Interesting price. ADATA is hit and miss on the low end storage devices.

I'd be worried this thing would die on me.
The worry is certainly warranted, and that's the case with any SD card for that matter. However, for some reason, this worry disappears for you when buying garbagy QLC SSDs? :lol:
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28816 posts
9316 upvotes
goodguy90 wrote: How do these compare to sandisk ultra?
tofubb wrote: How do they compare to Kingston canvas select?
SanDisk Ultra and Kingston Canvas "Select"* are almost the same tier. The ADATA will almost certainly outperform both of these but the problem is the reliability is more iffy. I think the Ultras are a little bit faster than the Select nonsense too.

*I love how they call it "Select", as if selecting the worst of their cards is something good lol. Seriously Canvas "Select" is their lowest-end apart from going into their Class 4 cards which are basically just an economy option for low-end devices (these only go up to 32GB).

This card (Adata) is okay but just keep in mind if it fails it shouldn't surprise you. For a more premium card stick with Canvas React or SanDisk Extreme lines or better. They obv. won't be as cheap though and again any SD card can give up the ghost at any time--they're not exactly the most reliable storage medium and never have been.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7726 posts
1607 upvotes
Had a smaller 64GB version of the ADATA card in my Dash Cam just for testing and it has been years since and still recording without issue so I got this one to replace the old.

To me, ADATA has been great and would recommend.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Jul 20, 2018
450 posts
385 upvotes
Woah!! Is this good for a phone?? I've needed an sd card and a memory express just opened a few blocks from me.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28816 posts
9316 upvotes
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: Woah!! Is this good for a phone?? I've needed an sd card and a memory express just opened a few blocks from me.
It's fine for a phone but I'd probably not use it as adoptable or "internal" storage on Android. This mode makes it as if your SD card's storage expands the built-in storage on your phone but using this mode really demands an SD card that is:
-Fast
-Reliable

A slow* SD in this mode can cause your phone to run too slow; an unreliable SD in this mode can cause you a lot of headaches if (when?) the card fails. So for just regular SD card mode, I'd say it's fine. For adoptable storage, buy something higher-end.

*This card is not super slow or anything but at 25MB/s write it's not exactly fast either; and again, reliability is somewhat iffy.
Jul 20, 2018
450 posts
385 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: It's fine for a phone but I'd probably not use it as adoptable or "internal" storage on Android. This mode makes it as if your SD card's storage expands the built-in storage on your phone but using this mode really demands an SD card that is:
-Fast
-Reliable

A slow* SD in this mode can cause your phone to run too slow; an unreliable SD in this mode can cause you a lot of headaches if (when?) the card fails. So for just regular SD card mode, I'd say it's fine. For adoptable storage, buy something higher-end.

*This card is not super slow or anything but at 25MB/s write it's not exactly fast either; and again, reliability is somewhat iffy.
Welp just bought it and stuck it in my phone. See how long it lasts. For $20 I cant go wrong. I dont plan on using it for adoptable storage. It's a work phone so lll be using it for photos while I'm out on service.
Last edited by TURNIPtheBEET on Apr 5th, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28816 posts
9316 upvotes
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: Welp just bought it and stuck it in my phone. See how long it lasts. For $20 I cant go wrong. It's a work phone so lll be using it for photos while I'm out on service.
As said, if you're using it as regular SD storage on an Android phone, you should be fine. Internal/adoptable is where you could run into issues both for speed and if the card fails.