Expired Hot Deals

[Memory Express] AMD Ryzen 3600 + ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F - $370

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 5:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
4512 posts
6121 upvotes
Burnaby, BC

[Memory Express] AMD Ryzen 3600 + ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F - $370

Kinda warm - hot. We may see lower prices in holiday sales, but maybe not.
40 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2007
1013 posts
196 upvotes
Montreal
I have B350MB and just want 3600x drop to 250-260.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1763 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
MTommy wrote: FYI - The BIOS of the B450 chipset motherboard is not yet compatible with the new Ryzen CPU out of the box.
I ordered a b450i from memex and they updated the bios for me. I didn't even need to ask them
Member
Dec 30, 2016
315 posts
273 upvotes
Holding out for the Gigabyte X570 xtreme for $199
Member
Oct 18, 2016
369 posts
204 upvotes
I am also rocking a B450 motherboard. I have an MSI and got two bios updates already this year for 3rd gen Ryzen compatibility. I’m hoping that the 3700X drops to below $400 in the upcoming holiday sales before upgrading. And of courseI would love to be able to max it out for best gaming performance.

My Ryen 5 2600 has been getting low frame rates combined with my 5700XT. Most of the benchmark videos use a i9-9900K at 5Ghz showing awesome frame rates. Mine is a ways off and it’s been driving me crazy to think I might be leaving GPU performance on the table because my CPU is bottlenecking it.

But maybe I don’t know and there is some other reason.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3639 posts
846 upvotes
...f... I wish I had this option when I got my 2700x on sale.
Newbie
Aug 29, 2019
10 posts
18 upvotes
Not beter to have a 3th gen motherboard ? I mean x570 ?
Sr. Member
May 23, 2008
870 posts
471 upvotes
Gtown ON
x3fann wrote: Holding out for the Gigabyte X570 xtreme for $199
You will need mountains of popcorn...
Member
Mar 15, 2007
264 posts
168 upvotes
IXNetQC wrote: Not beter to have a 3th gen motherboard ? I mean x570 ?
Most of the benefit of x570 is PCIE 4.0. The fastest graphics cards don't saturate 3.0 right now, so unless you are going to shell out for a PCIE 4.0 NVME drive and do really IO intensive stuff -- or you don't plan to upgrade for like 10 years -- you don't "need" it.

Of course we wouldn't be on this site if "need" was our primary motivation...
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
4512 posts
6121 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Mwazam82 wrote: .

My Ryen 5 2600 has been getting low frame rates combined with my 5700XT. Most of the benchmark videos use a i9-9900K at 5Ghz showing awesome frame rates. Mine is a ways off and it’s been driving me crazy to think I might be leaving GPU performance on the table because my CPU is bottlenecking it.

But maybe I don’t know and there is some other reason.
Yeah, there's some other reason. What game is it? What resolution? Definitely don't upgrade from a 2600 to a 3700x for a game. You will be wasting your money.
Member
Oct 18, 2016
369 posts
204 upvotes
I've been playing a few but the big issues are with the Ubisoft games. I know they are trash for being optimized and historically their games aren't the best performers. I am playing FarCry 5 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey a lot at 1440p.

FarCry 5 hovers at around 50-60fps at high which is a damn shame. I see benchmarks showing this game running at nearly 100fps at 1440p on a 5700XT.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2496 posts
1686 upvotes
GTA
Too bad the online store is sold out :(
Jr. Member
Jun 16, 2019
139 posts
297 upvotes
Mwazam82 wrote: I've been playing a few but the big issues are with the Ubisoft games. I know they are trash for being optimized and historically their games aren't the best performers. I am playing FarCry 5 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey a lot at 1440p.

FarCry 5 hovers at around 50-60fps at high which is a damn shame. I see benchmarks showing this game running at nearly 100fps at 1440p on a 5700XT.
Using UserBenchmark is a good way to see how your gear is performing compared to other people with the same gear. I always forget to change my RAM from 2133mhz after building a new rig and Userbenchmark shows that for me

If your processor is underperforming then its not the fact that you have a bad combo, might just be something wrong with your particular CPU
Member
Oct 18, 2016
369 posts
204 upvotes
Michnig wrote: Using UserBenchmark is a good way to see how your gear is performing compared to other people with the same gear. I always forget to change my RAM from 2133mhz after building a new rig and Userbenchmark shows that for me

If your processor is underperforming then its not the fact that you have a bad combo, might just be something wrong with your particular CPU
Never tried UserBenchmark. But sounds like a great suggestion.

I'm running an MSI B450M mobo with Ryzen 2600 and 8GB DDR4 2666Mhz by Corsair so I felt like I had pretty standard components. Maybe the issue is something else.
Newbie
Nov 21, 2014
80 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I had the LAN port fail/become unrecognizable by Windows on two copies of this motherboard FYI. Tried all kinds of updates, rollbacks and fresh installs to no avail.

Top