Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Memory Express

B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX $169.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2020 8:33 am
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1540 posts
961 upvotes
Zarkey wrote:
What I get from this is that the 2 CPUs are trading blows, with AMD leading in a couple of games besides multitasking.
Personally I would have went with Intel given the power consumption and heat from a AMD CPU, but did I mentioned I got the 3600x from Balck Friday deal for $220 something? What a deal.
But AMD needs to dial the power consumption down a notch, I have a all AMD gaming system and it can be used by itself to heat a small office in winter.
Aug 23, 2019
668 posts
519 upvotes
govas19 wrote: What I get from this is that the 2 CPUs are trading blows, with AMD leading in a couple of games besides multitasking.
Personally I would have went with Intel given the power consumption and heat from a AMD CPU, but did I mentioned I got the 3600x from Balck Friday deal for $220 something? What a deal.
But AMD needs to dial the power consumption down a notch, I have a all AMD gaming system and it can be used by itself to heat a small office in winter.

Looks fine to me. Heat is a cooling issue the stock cooler isn't made for small factor builds.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1540 posts
961 upvotes
Zarkey wrote: Looks fine to me.
I was referring to a full AMD build. A 5700xt has a full load power consumption around 250W.
250 + 80 + whatever the rest outputs = a whole lot of heat.
Also Intel and AMD CPUs are very close in terms of power consumption and it is too high. They should dial it down, high core count is useless, it consumes more power in a world with global warming and dwindling resources and give software companies an excuse to sell unoptimised and buggy software since they assume a high core count (and lots of ram).
Not that Nvidia runs much cooler.
Fine it is not.