Expired Hot Deals

[Memory Express] CC & ME G910 Orion Spark RGB Keyboard $69.99 PRICING ERROR now $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2019 4:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1224 posts
2810 upvotes

[Memory Express] CC & ME G910 Orion Spark RGB Keyboard $69.99 PRICING ERROR now $149.99

Lowest Price $69.99! Get them while they are hot!

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=083351

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX5690

Update pricing error. It is now $149.99.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Freebush on May 30th, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1955 posts
4196 upvotes
Markham
Good price, but that’s the ugliest keyboard I have ever seen.

Had to eyebleach after seeing it.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3215 posts
5372 upvotes
I have a Razer Cynosa Chroma that I love cause its not loud... but I'm so tempted to grab this
Public Mobile customer
Oct 6, 2016
60 posts
54 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: Good price, but that’s the ugliest keyboard I have ever seen.

I don't see the ugliness lol. I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder too;). I have this keyboard and I love it, might just buy another one to have sitting around till I need it, if I ever need it :O. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1372 posts
1497 upvotes
Just a warning, pretty terrible keyboard.

I am pretty sure this is first generation. Those have the awkward hand rest shape (You can see it in the picture) that are just awful. Poster on top might have a later generation that is far better.

The key are also extremely mushy and feel weird throughout the keyboard. As in they don't feel like they have the same weight and every key press feel slightly off. It is so bad I might actually prefer good quality dome keyboard over this so call "Mechanical" keyboard.

The keycaps are also not replaceable.

Overall would not recommend. There is a reason why these are getting discount regularly and finally drop even more. They probably couldn't clear it. I highly recommend at least try it first before you buy it. Or make sure you can return it.
Jul 18, 2017
11 posts
37 upvotes
Cucumference wrote: Just a warning, pretty terrible keyboard.

I am pretty sure this is first generation. Those have the awkward hand rest shape (You can see it in the picture) that are just awful. Poster on top might have a later generation that is far better.

The key are also extremely mushy and feel weird throughout the keyboard. As in they don't feel like they have the same weight and every key press feel slightly off. It is so bad I might actually prefer good quality dome keyboard over this so call "Mechanical" keyboard.

The keycaps are also not replaceable.

Overall would not recommend. There is a reason why these are getting discount regularly and finally drop even more. They probably couldn't clear it. I highly recommend at least try it first before you buy it. Or make sure you can return it.
This is the only generation as far as I know. All Orion Sparks have the awkward shaped wrist rest and key caps.
The Orion Spectrum on the other hand is a Best Buy exclusive. It has the normal shape keycaps and better wrist rest. Also because of this, you wouldn't be able to get it price beat at BB, because it's an entirely different product.

As far as price dropping because they couldn't clear it, it's not true. I work at CC and we just got a dropship from Logitech, part of which includes a handful of G910s. So these are new stock.

Either way, definitely try it out in store before you buy it. This key switch isn't for everybody. If there isn't a demo in store, just ask one of us to open it for you to try.
Jan 12, 2018
95 posts
29 upvotes
How do you guys think the Orion compare to cherry key? Also I can’t seems fined this on bestbuy website, how can we know if it’s available in store? Thanks in advance
May 3, 2006
255 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
Also, the G910 is very unreliable. I have one and after a few months (or even a year) some of the LEDs stop working, or work intermittently. In addition, my 'e' key sometimes sends two keystrokes, or none at all, randomly. The issues seem pretty common - and you will see threads about it on Logitech support forums. Some users blame firmware updates that make the keys unreliable. Other users report that the plastic around the key stems crack, which can also cause the key to not work.

Avoid this keyboard.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2426 posts
330 upvotes
Burnaby
thanks OP. will try BB tmr.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6840 posts
2764 upvotes
GTA
maxleung wrote: Also, the G910 is very unreliable. I have one and after a few months (or even a year) some of the LEDs stop working, or work intermittently. In addition, my 'e' key sometimes sends two keystrokes, or none at all, randomly. The issues seem pretty common - and you will see threads about it on Logitech support forums. Some users blame firmware updates that make the keys unreliable. Other users report that the plastic around the key stems crack, which can also cause the key to not work.

Avoid this keyboard.
The good thing is, Logitech has some of the best warranty I've ever seen. On multiple occasions they replaced my product with newer generation of products especially if the old one is discontinued. There were one time that my keyboard (G410) was out of stock, they asked me to just pick anything out of their line up - I picked G Pro.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7249 posts
2081 upvotes
T dot 6
neonaiken wrote: How do you guys think the Orion compare to cherry key?
Personally I think the Romer G switches are garbage compared to cherry switches. I have a G410 which is basically the tenkeyless version of the G910 and its feels mushy and the travel is sometimes not smooth. Its hard to explain unless you use the keyboard for a while.

I have a cherry silents at work and my old keyboard is cherry blues. Once I find a deal on a tenkeyless cherry brown I am going to switch.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1224 posts
2810 upvotes
tomatoonline wrote: thanks OP. will try BB tmr.
BB is the Spectrum model while the others are Sparks.
Last edited by Freebush on May 30th, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14332 posts
4914 upvotes
London
Dave510 wrote: Good price, but that’s the ugliest keyboard I have ever seen.

I'm going to strongly disagree

The keyboard looks great. I have the Orion Spark at home already... ordered this for work.
Nov 5, 2009
97 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Deal dead. Sad. I was still making up my mind.
Jun 4, 2005
343 posts
21 upvotes
If you can still get it for this price, it is a great deal.
I have this and the 810 and I like the Romer G Key. You have to try it out and see if it is for you. For gaming, both keyboard are good but for typing, I would say the 810 is better because of the physical shape of the keys.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1304 posts
619 upvotes
Thanks op, at $69.99 this is a no-brainer. I bought this back then for $200 and returned it for a K95 RGB platinum ($139.99) and I have been wanting to get back to the G910 because of how overly sensitive the cherry mx speeds are.
But, I would avoid this at $130+.