Expired Hot Deals

[Memory Express] Fractal Design Era Mini ITX Case Tempered Glass, Carbon (Party Over)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2020 10:00 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1528 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
How did a post about itx cases get so off topic.

On the other hand, I would not have my pc like the above example even you paid me $130. But to each their own
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14179 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
PerformingAzura wrote:
Take a look at my well engineered beauty
  • Bottom compartment for storage
  • 4 wheels to allow easy movement
  • Support for 2 non standard server boards
  • 4 Bay Hard drive cage (expandable to 8)
  • No pcie hang thanks to the vertical motherboard back plate
  • You can even use broken Intel stock coolers that no longer clip into the mounting holes.
  • And easily removable top

Total cost: $0
Time : not that much time

Just drilled some holes into the table and wood glue for the standoffs. The motherboards came packed with the foam that I use as a top panel.

Image Image Image Image Imagehttps://i.postimg.cc/0NnX4qHF/20200809-131820.jpg

I am not taking orders at this time.

I think your PC deserves its own meme. OK RFD'ers, any takers out there who can come up with the best one?
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1789 posts
634 upvotes
BC
FYI, there's a reason computer cases are faraday cages.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1063 posts
115 upvotes
manoy385 wrote: You are pretty much limited to SFX on the Era too. Using an ATX PSU on the Era will limit you to using mini/short length GPUs. The Era is already limited to 2 slot standard width GPUs (making all aftermarket 5700XTs incompatible as they are extra wide/triple slot) so it would be pretty bad to limit the length too by using an ATX PSU.

Complete deal breaker for me. ITX gaming cases must have triple slot. With that said, it's a good looking case.
Nov 26, 2016
52 posts
47 upvotes
Timbo420 wrote: FYI, there's a reason computer cases are faraday cages.
No they are not. Wth are you on?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1497 posts
929 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Looking at a few reviews this case is really limited in the type of components you can use.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3045 posts
752 upvotes
BC
warplane wrote: No they are not. Wth are you on?
Cases should be grounded. Slight current to ground through a almost enclosed fully case would block some emi.
Nov 1, 2017
834 posts
327 upvotes
Ren wrote: Cases should be grounded. Slight current to ground through a almost enclosed fully case would block some emi.
I'm pretty sure the PSU handles that.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3045 posts
752 upvotes
BC
PerformingAzura wrote: I'm pretty sure the PSU handles that.
The PSU housing is also grounded, but no metal box means no blocking of EMI
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1005 posts
1511 upvotes
GPS - error
chatbox wrote: If it looks like this, then congrats! Job well done.

https://www.boredpanda.com/diy-wood-com ... gn=organic

Or this:
https://www.gizlogic.com/volta-v-potent ... sa-madera/

I wouldn't mind having a wooden computer case...probably very good sound dampening.
Looks nice, but there’s a reason wood is not a good case material ... it’s an insulator :)
Feb 23, 2004
747 posts
15 upvotes
Richmond
Very pretty case in person, the feel, fit, and finish is quite good. It's not perfect - not even close to Apple level - but it's among the best of non-Apple aluminum cases and is thick bead blasted panels look worlds better than my Lian-Li with it's crudely stamped, bent aluminum sheet metal and rough edges.

First impression when you see it is that it's much smaller than the Lian-Li TU150, but if you put them side by side the difference in volume really isnt *that* significant. The more premium and curvy aesthetic gives it a much more svelte impression.

The hardware I'd like to fill it with is currently OOS everywhere, so it's going to be sitting empty for a bit.