Expired Hot Deals

[Memory Express] GeForce GTX 1080 WINDFORCE OC 8G - $849.99

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1366 posts
3796 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Memory Express] GeForce GTX 1080 WINDFORCE OC 8G - $849.99

I know this isn't HOT but I posted because they actually have stock!

memex1080.PNG

GeForce GTX 1080 WINDFORCE OC 8G PCI-E w/ DVI, HDMI, Triple DP
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX64016
$849.99

Edit 1: OOS but available for backorder at Amazon for $819 - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new
Last edited by blyndfyre on Mar 26th, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1366 posts
3796 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I think you need to have a Thunderbolt 3 port, correct?
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21039 posts
12430 upvotes
Kitchener
blyndfyre wrote: I think you need to have a Thunderbolt 3 port, correct?
Yup, and its recommended to have 4-Lane TB3 port on your laptop.
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2015
534 posts
360 upvotes
Vancouver Island
mohamade wrote: Saw this on newegg and think it is interesting:
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 6814932011
It is an external Giga GTX 1080 for $909. It someone takes it and wanna sell the box in Ottawa area, please let me know.
Man, that was out of stock last month when they were selling it for $969, so I ended up paying the the extra [massive sum] for a laptop that had one built in.
Sr. Member
May 15, 2007
510 posts
306 upvotes
AncientWords wrote: Man, that was out of stock last month when they were selling it for $969, so I ended up paying the the extra [massive sum] for a laptop that had one built in.
I know. The cheapest external GPU box is selling for around $300. And definitely an integrated GPU would cost a lot more.
Newbie
Oct 24, 2012
19 posts
4 upvotes
VANCOUVER
mohamade wrote: Saw this on newegg and think it is interesting:
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 6814932011
It is an external Giga GTX 1080 for $909. It someone takes it and wanna sell the box in Ottawa area, please let me know.
I had bought this to use with a macbook pro. Ended up selling the macbook pro and have moved that GPU temporarily into a PC and am trying to replace it with a different card.

The GPU that is in here is a full 1080, but it was designed to be used in the box. The fan is extremely large and at certain fan speeds it clips my motherboard.

I would not recommend to pull this GPU

Top