Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Memory Express

[Laptop] Asus Zenbook 14" i7, 16GB, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 $1250

28 replies
Mar 8, 2004
755 posts
289 upvotes
Thanks. Does anyone know if this is supplied with the bilingual keyboard?
Oct 16, 2013
63 posts
57 upvotes
Note multiple complaints on Amazon re: loud coil whine noise for this model, buyer beware
Nov 21, 2009
908 posts
256 upvotes
Surrey
Not buying another Asus... touchpad surface peels off and the surface itself becomes loose from the body after a few years
Apr 17, 2017
24 posts
1 upvote
I am in desperate need of a laptop. Just fried mine. Cant seem to score a decent deal. Been missing out .

Anyone have any suggestions ?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1714 posts
719 upvotes
Vancouver
I used to use asus zenbook for work. I hated it.
My coworkers hated this laptop as one.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37133 upvotes
Good price, but no touchscreen is a deal killer. It's a challenge to find a build with touch under 1425 CAD.

Good deal otherwise.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I think I bought one of these (or a very similar model) from Best Buy before (and got it shipped to home). Played with it for like 30 minutes and decided the trackpad was garbage and returned it.

Which was good, because at that point I came to my senses and realized there's no reason to spend $1k+ on a laptop.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37133 upvotes
Take this for what you will, but StatsBrain reports that Asus has the lowest 3-year failure rate of laptop makers:

https://www.statisticbrain.com/laptop-m ... ion-rates/
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2007
3799 posts
797 upvotes
ON
I've had 3 zenbooks and actually quite liked them. The only complaint is the stupid on/off key location.

Also had xps 13, lenovo yoga and spectre x360 and didn't find them noticeably better than zenbooks.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6494 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
khulit wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0768M9KVY

Available in Amazon for the same price and free shipping (pick Amazon as seller)
Watched one of the customer review videos on Amazon....it is surprisingly loud.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37133 upvotes
dealseaker101 wrote: Watched one of the customer review videos on Amazon....it is surprisingly loud.
I wish I could demonetize this post.
Banned
Feb 12, 2018
299 posts
61 upvotes
Calgary
I bought the slightly cheaper version of the UX430UA that's an i5-8250 and 8gb of RAM (16gb max), if this was on sale when I bought it I would have spent the extra $50 (i5 8250 to i7 8550, 8gb to 16gb of ram - a couple less ports though).

The only time I've ever even heard the fans was when I was trying to run games like Skyrim on high (virtually max) settings with a bunch of high texture mods. This isn't a gaming laptop. So logically expect it to struggle with high spec games or anything severely CPU/GPU intense. I bought this for basic desktop functions to be able to work and do my grad school work without having to be glued to a power outlet. For the intended purpose of the machine, it's fantastic. Plays HD movies perfectly, but can be annoying trying to see the screen outside on a sunny day, but typical for these types of screens. It's a decent spec'd multitasking laptop with a long battery life.
Proud VPN user, American and Canadian citizen, NRA member, penny-pincher
Temp. Banned
Jan 25, 2018
216 posts
135 upvotes
Buy warranty.

My zenbook was a crapper.

Not bad all around though.
Nov 21, 2009
908 posts
256 upvotes
Surrey
MagaYYC wrote: I bought the slightly cheaper version of the UX430UA that's an i5-8250 and 8gb of RAM (16gb max), if this was on sale when I bought it I would have spent the extra $50 (i5 8250 to i7 8550, 8gb to 16gb of ram - a couple less ports though).

The only time I've ever even heard the fans was when I was trying to run games like Skyrim on high (virtually max) settings with a bunch of high texture mods. This isn't a gaming laptop. So logically expect it to struggle with high spec games or anything severely CPU/GPU intense. I bought this for basic desktop functions to be able to work and do my grad school work without having to be glued to a power outlet. For the intended purpose of the machine, it's fantastic. Plays HD movies perfectly, but can be annoying trying to see the screen outside on a sunny day, but typical for these types of screens. It's a decent spec'd multitasking laptop with a long battery life.
This laptop has no dedicated gpu. How were you playing skyrim?
Jul 13, 2006
888 posts
72 upvotes
Given the build quality & excellent keyboard layout I would definitely prefer the Thinkpad T480s or 2018 Thinkpad X1 Carbon.

Waiting for a deal on Thinkpad T480s or ThinkPad X1 Carbon (2018 6th Gen )........

What's the best price available either in Canada or US?
Banned
Feb 12, 2018
299 posts
61 upvotes
Calgary
ssy080 wrote: This laptop has no dedicated gpu. How were you playing skyrim?
This is a joke question right?
Proud VPN user, American and Canadian citizen, NRA member, penny-pincher
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
Hwydemontdi wrote: I am in desperate need of a laptop. Just fried mine. Cant seem to score a decent deal. Been missing out .

Anyone have any suggestions ?
HP spectre or elite books they have 10% off now and 6% ebates

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)