Expired Hot Deals

[Memory Express] Memory Express - Lenovo Flex3 $950 w/i7, 8GB, 1TB, GPU, O365

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2016 10:06 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 20, 2005
112 posts
45 upvotes
Calgary

[Memory Express] Memory Express - Lenovo Flex3 $950 w/i7, 8GB, 1TB, GPU, O365

Saw this while shopping for my mom: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/BDL_MM00000732

Flex details at http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX62371.

Though this was a good deal, considering the i7 and discrete graphics. Not sure if the folding ability is worth much, but there it is. :D

Comments?
11 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1036 upvotes
Richmond
Price for this specific product is decent, but 940M and i7-6500U with 15.6" in a 4.63 lbs package really isn't that remarkable. And none of those specs are particularly attractive.

At that weight, just 1 lbs extra net you significantly better spec if you go with a dell inspiron http://www.dell.com/ca/p/inspiron-15-75 ... rfdcb-d118
Member
Aug 3, 2008
362 posts
74 upvotes
ID01 wrote: Price for this specific product is decent, but 940M and i7-6500U with 15.6" in a 4.63 lbs package really isn't that remarkable. And none of those specs are particularly attractive.

At that weight, just 1 lbs extra net you significantly better spec if you go with a dell inspiron http://www.dell.com/ca/p/inspiron-15-75 ... rfdcb-d118
He's right the Dell features a smaller hard drive, no flex, no touch screen, no office 365, heavier, a slower processor and is more expensive, oh wait what was his point?

People like this just don't get it and never will. They become such fanboys for a particular product they have to trump it even though it is not a comparison at all to what the OP posted.

Thanks for posting the deal OP.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1036 upvotes
Richmond
Did you even read the spec?

Lenovo here has a Intel Core i7-6500U dual core, Dell is a i5-6300HQ Quad Core. You will be lucky to find spot where Lenovo is faster.

Graphic card is significantly slower, 940m vs 960m isn't even a comparison. Not that the 940m would matter on a FHD screen, it can't play anything recent 3D game at that resolution without shuttering anyway and is barely faster than the intel HD GPU. Might as well just skip it.

Hard drive is a 1TB spinning disk vs a 256 GB SSD, have you checked the price on those?

The touch screen and the weight is about the only thing remotely valid in your discussion, which I already pointed out in the first place.

I don't mind disagreement, but you really need to know your stuff a little better before start dissing other people's post. This place is to discuss hot deal. Not for you to make personal attack (calling people fanboy just cause they bring out a different deal? are you new here?)
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 27, 2009
612 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
HBTRLac wrote: He's right the Dell features a smaller hard drive, no flex, no touch screen, no office 365, heavier, a slower processor and is more expensive, oh wait what was his point?

People like this just don't get it and never will. They become such fanboys for a particular product they have to trump it even though it is not a comparison at all to what the OP posted.

Thanks for posting the deal OP.
If you're looking for a laptop that you can game on, the Dell laptop is the one to go with.

The i5-6300HQ is actually a better CPU than i7-6500U when looking at number of cores, boost clocking and L3 cache memory. Check out comparisons here: https://gaming.msi.com/article/why-real ... series-cpu

If it's for your mom, does she really need a beast laptop with dedicated mobile GPU and top of the line mobile CPU? Unless she's doing some heavy photo/video editing (in which the screen quality also comes into play as comparison), I would look at something in the $600 or lower price point.

My 2c.

Edit: forgot to include GPU comparisons. Poster above hit it on the head. Gtx 960M > 940M everyday of the week.
Member
Aug 3, 2008
362 posts
74 upvotes
ID01 wrote: Did you even read the spec?

Lenovo here has a Intel Core i7-6500U dual core, Dell is a i5-6300HQ Quad Core. You will be lucky to find spot where Lenovo is faster.

Graphic card is significantly slower, 940m vs 960m isn't even a comparison. Not that the 940m would matter on a FHD screen, it can't play anything recent 3D game at that resolution without shuttering anyway and is barely faster than the intel HD GPU. Might as well just skip it.

Hard drive is a 1TB spinning disk vs a 256 GB SSD, have you checked the price on those?

The touch screen and the weight is about the only thing remotely valid in your discussion, which I already pointed out in the first place.

I don't mind disagreement, but you really need to know your stuff a little better before start dissing other people's post. This place is to discuss hot deal. Not for you to make personal attack (calling people fanboy just cause they bring out a different deal? are you new here?)
Haha yes my post achieved its goal. You can criticize someone else's post but can't handle it back. Hopefully you are more respectful to other member's posts but I won't hold my breath. This is why we have a discussion thread. If your deal is that HOT you can make it a new thread.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1036 upvotes
Richmond
HBTRLac wrote: Haha yes my post achieved its goal. You can criticize someone else's post but can't handle it back.
What goal is that again? Is it to tell everyone you don't understand the different between a criticism and a personal attack? You called me a fanboy. That is not a criticism. That is just an insult.
Hopefully you are more respectful to other member's posts but I won't hold my breath.
If calling people "fanboy" is your idea of being respectful, I rather you stop "respecting" me.
This is why we have a discussion thread. If your deal is that HOT you can make it a new thread.
It already Is a thread and is way more popular than this one.
Jr. Member
Jun 14, 2004
160 posts
9 upvotes
I agree. The Dell is a much better deal as it's a much faster machine in almost all aspects.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2006
2211 posts
424 upvotes
Does the Lenovo Flex3 come with an IPS panel?
Member
Oct 14, 2010
478 posts
98 upvotes
No displayport on either machine is the killer for me... unfortunately I need it.
Newbie
Jun 1, 2016
16 posts
2 upvotes
The i7 processor operates extremely fast
All applications load and perform great with the 8Gb of RAM and the solid state hard drive
Very quiet while operating even under heavy workload
Nice display
The 360 mode and the touchscreen are surprisingly useful
Backlit keyboard
The laptop housing is sturdy and of high quality
Nice appearance

Top