Expired Hot Deals

Memory Express

ME PC G10 Boxing Day Gaming Desktop $1049 (reg. $1349) (i5 9500, 1660ti, 16GB etc.)

[OP]
Dec 26, 2007
37 posts
19 upvotes

[Memory Express] ME PC G10 Boxing Day Gaming Desktop $1049 (reg. $1349) (i5 9500, 1660ti, 16GB etc.)

Picked this up a couple of days ago and my son is very happy with it. He'd been saving up for a couple of years for a gaming computer. Big jump from his mom's old laptop.

Perfect for pre-teens and teenagers with the bells and whistles like RGB RAM, RGB SSD, see thru side and tower (gigantic tower for 2020) and a decent video card for Fortnite, Among Us, Minecraft etc. and so he can stream and edit with Photoshop, Premiere Pro etc. Will be easy for him to upgrade over time in the future and didn't have to spend hours pulling out prebuild bloatware.

Expires tomorrow (December 31, 2020) at this price. Edmonton South store has 9, London has 1. We bought ours at Edmonton South assembled, tested and ready to go with all of the component boxes given to you as well. Maybe ask at your local store if they can put one together for you. I don't think they're shipping between stores right now. Parts links are for what our computer actually had in it as parts may vary.

Make and Model ME PC G10 Boxing Day Gaming PC

Part Number V_BDG10V200
Disclaimer :Please note that these systems are limited quantity, and due to inventory shortages, the exact components may vary by location.

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-9500 3.0GHz w/ 9MB Cache Processor

CPU Cooler Intel CPU Cooler

Motherboard Asus TUF B365M-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI) (https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX79009/Reviews)

Memory Adata Spectrix D60 3200 RGB (2x 8GB) (https://www.xpg.com/en/feature/606/)

Graphics Card GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (pretty sure it's this one. https://www.amazon.ca/GeForce-Dual-Fan- ... B07NHC49R4)

Storage 500GB M.2 SSD (https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX77531)

LAN Gigabit Lan

Wireless Wi-Fi 802.11ac

Bluetooth v4.2

Chassis Carbide Series SPEC-DELTA RGB w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel (https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX76263)

Power Supply 650W (https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00115136)

Operating System Windows® 10 Home

Warranty 1 Year Memory Express Parts & Labour Limited Warranty

Last edited by plikestechno on Dec 30th, 2020 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1362 posts
2067 upvotes
Hammonds
So how's long have you been working for ME? You definitely have a good sales pitch
[OP]
Dec 26, 2007
37 posts
19 upvotes
LoL. I don't work for them but maybe online commercial writing will be my next career.

I'm just very happy to have found a desktop that checked off all of the boxes for my son at a price he could afford. He'd been talking about getting one and had been looking for a decent deal for far too long. Nice to make it a reality.
Jul 16, 2015
689 posts
632 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Other than missing the price in the title an excellent post. Not sure if this an actual deal but I need a new laptop for a nephew so thanks for posting.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16043 posts
20914 upvotes
Toronto
dwfLuid wrote: Other than missing the price in the title an excellent post. Not sure if this an actual deal but I need a new laptop for a nephew so thanks for posting.
OP posted a "deal" for a desktop not a laptop

"[Memory Express] ME PC G10 Boxing Day Gaming Desktop (i5 9500, 1660ti etc.)"
Destiny is all
[OP]
Dec 26, 2007
37 posts
19 upvotes
Yep. This sucker definitely takes up a lot of room and you'll need to buy a monitor, of course. Price and discount added to title.
Jul 16, 2015
689 posts
632 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Dhanushan wrote: OP posted a "deal" for a desktop not a laptop

"[Memory Express] ME PC G10 Boxing Day Gaming Desktop (i5 9500, 1660ti etc.)"
Oops, my bad. In my defense I have notifications set for laptops and just assumed it was another one. Also, doing this while keeping an eye on my 1 year old!Face Savouring Delicious Food
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3213 posts
1468 upvotes
Lethbridge
Not a terrible price. If you bought everything on sale you could technically get it for cheaper, but then you'd be waiting for some components forever, IMHO

This would be far more upgradable than the cheap Acer/Lenovo rigs everyone posts here with proprietary mobos & terrible PSUs. At least this is all off the shelf components and ME is just slapping them together.

My only concern would be what brand/rating of 650w power supply are they giving you, otherwise decent, especially if that tower is to your liking.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
1029 posts
2386 upvotes
Does it still make sense to buy a mid-low range game pc given the price of XBOX series X + cheap xbox game pass for 3 years? The value is in the possibility of upgrading in the future?
[OP]
Dec 26, 2007
37 posts
19 upvotes
The modular, upgradeability factor was definitely a big part of it. Also, he likes to do a lot of video editing for himself and his buddies in Adobe Suite so a simple Xbox (he has a Fortnite Xbox One S, probably for sale soon) won't do. And he won't be on my computer anymore for editing. ;)

He will be one to tweak his rig over the years as he saves up money here and there and when he's older and has his own real job, I'm sure this rig will have inspired something ridiculously massive and expensive.

But, he can afford this one for now and it has given him satisfactory wow and tweakability factor. He's been having fun optimizing it over the past couple of days and geeking out.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3124 posts
4059 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Not bad. Would of gotten it if it was an i7 cpu. As i only use i7's or higher
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2540 posts
1714 upvotes
Grande Prairie AB
plikestechno wrote: The modular, upgradeability factor was definitely a big part of it. Also, he likes to do a lot of video editing for himself and his buddies in Adobe Suite so a simple Xbox (he has a Fortnite Xbox One S, probably for sale soon) won't do. And he won't be on my computer anymore for editing. ;)

He will be one to tweak his rig over the years as he saves up money here and there and when he's older and has his own real job, I'm sure this rig will have inspired something ridiculously massive and expensive.

But, he can afford this one for now and it has given him satisfactory wow and tweakability factor. He's been having fun optimizing it over the past couple of days and geeking out.
For pre-built this is pretty good, I wouldn't worry about the power supply as mentioned above, EVGA is pretty good quality imo.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/9V2qNP
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2540 posts
1714 upvotes
Grande Prairie AB
Pauly Boy wrote: Not a terrible price. If you bought everything on sale you could technically get it for cheaper, but then you'd be waiting for some components forever, IMHO

This would be far more upgradable than the cheap Acer/Lenovo rigs everyone posts here with proprietary mobos & terrible PSUs. At least this is all off the shelf components and ME is just slapping them together.

My only concern would be what brand/rating of 650w power supply are they giving you, otherwise decent, especially if that tower is to your liking.
EVGA, he linked it in his OP.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3213 posts
1468 upvotes
Lethbridge
iamsiege wrote: EVGA, he linked it in his OP.
That's pretty solid then, I have never had a problem with an EVGA products. Only a bronze but at least it's not some no-name. I didn't see it on the ME page, just said 650W in the description there.

I wonder if you could pay the difference for them to tweak the build for things like an i7 since they're built to order...
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2540 posts
1714 upvotes
Grande Prairie AB
Pauly Boy wrote: That's pretty solid then, I have never had a problem with an EVGA products. Only a bronze but at least it's not some no-name. I didn't see it on the ME page, just said 650W in the description there.

I wonder if you could pay the difference for them to tweak the build for things like an i7 since they're built to order...
I would guess that "tweaking" it would be like an "upgrade" when I built my house, my builder wasn't getting rich off the house but once my wife added in all the "upgrades" she wanted I am pretty sure he did just fine. :)
Apr 7, 2009
575 posts
358 upvotes
toronto
troublesome96 wrote: Anybody have thoughts on how this compares to the Lenovo T540 here: https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/desktops-a ... 9IC9500324 ? For some light gaming, nothing too crazy, like GTA 5, Assassin's Creed, maybe COD.
I'm also curious about how this Lenovo compares to the OP's. Looking for something for my son who just started playing, but my xps 13 laptop doesn't seem to be usable for his game...
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2938 posts
3604 upvotes
Langley
ngleu wrote: I'm also curious about how this Lenovo compares to the OP's. Looking for something for my son who just started playing, but my xps 13 laptop doesn't seem to be usable for his game...
games tend to favor GPU more than CPU so stronger GTX 1660 ti will run better games.
plus this, you can look at the list of parts and know exactly what's in it, vs Lenovo's mixed bag of mystery parts from the bottom of barrels,
it's ideacentre, not even Legion line, even Legion has questionable parts but ideacentre is even lower than Legion.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2007
37 posts
19 upvotes
Got home from work and confirmed that it is the Asus OC dual 1660ti GPU that I linked.

He’s still over the moon. After he optimized it a bit, and with just Fortnite running set to Unlimited he’s getting 300-400 fps. My wife’s old laptop was getting a choppy 30-50 and don’t even talk about trying to stream at the same time lol.