Memory Express - Boxing Week Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2020 3:56 am
[OP]
Dec 17, 2020
25 posts
42 upvotes

[Memory Express] Memory Express - Boxing Week Sale

Memory Express just Started their Boking week sale. Lot of PC Components on Sale.

Link : https://www.memoryexpress.com/Promos/BoxingWeek.cm.aspx
Thread Summary
Whiny children stamping their feet and crying that there aren't half price video cards which haven't been in stock for the last 3 months.
27 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2286 posts
1619 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
I notice video cards are conspicuously absent from their sale. LOL
Nov 25, 2020
48 posts
41 upvotes
I doubt there will be more on sale on Dec 26th so I went ahead and bought a couple of SSDs and an NVMe. As for GPUs, don't think stock will replenish until a few months into the new year.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
1325 posts
2079 upvotes
Victoria
FreddieZaragoza wrote: I doubt there will be more on sale on Dec 26th so I went ahead and bought a couple of SSDs and an NVMe. As for GPUs, don't think stock will replenish until a few months into the new year.
Which SSD stood out to you in terms of a deal? Most of them that I was looking at are at the same price as last week.
Nov 25, 2020
48 posts
41 upvotes
tofinoguy wrote: Which SSD stood out to you in terms of a deal? Most of them that I was looking at are at the same price as last week.
None really. Smiling Face With Open Mouth. They were cheaper on Black Friday but I got a couple of the Adata 240GB SSDs and a Kingston 500GB NVMe. I doubt they'll have any door crasher deals due to covid restrictions in many cities. If they do get cheaper online it may be a few bucks less but I'd rather get it now and avoid a sellout.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5777 posts
4191 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Any good 2TB SSDs? I have like three 1TB SSD and probably want to consolidate.
Jul 14, 2019
619 posts
1045 upvotes
As usual, terrible 'sale' prices from an even worse company. Please don't support these guys, just buy online elsewhere.

Also note they have marked everything desirable as "final sale" so good luck if you ever need help with anything.
Last edited by CanadaCPU on Dec 21st, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 26, 2006
249 posts
129 upvotes
CanadaCPU wrote: As usual, terrible 'sale' prices from an even worse company. Please don't support these guys, just buy online elsewhere.

Also note they have marked everything desirable as "final sale" so good luck if you ever need help with anything.
I couldn't disagree more with your post. I've found Memory Express has been great to deal with over the years.
Dec 15, 2017
166 posts
129 upvotes
CanadaCPU wrote: As usual, terrible 'sale' prices from an even worse company. Please don't support these guys, just buy online elsewhere.

The sales may not be great, but unsure why you think that as a company they are worse than terrible. Have only had great experiences with them in-store and online. Can't say the same for CC, other than a few good employees I've dealt with over the years.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2020
25 posts
42 upvotes
Newegg has a Crucial 2TB NVME drive for 249.99
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2461 posts
1446 upvotes
Calgary
tilley wrote: I couldn't disagree more with your post. I've found Memory Express has been great to deal with over the years.
Agreed. Been dealing with them for nearly 20 years now.
Mar 6, 2010
747 posts
109 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: I notice video cards are conspicuously absent from their sale. LOL
Bitcoin is 30K CAD. No individual can compete with that demand.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1087 posts
703 upvotes

Which location? What happened?
May 12, 2019
435 posts
550 upvotes
Just picked up a i5-9500 and a Z390-Pro-A for $320. They have great bundles going on right now for last gen Intel!
May 29, 2007
27 posts
18 upvotes
Victoria
People on this site and other deals places has been super toxic about the deal available. The manufacturers have given no stock to these stores. They aren't going to put a discount to clear out stock they don't have. I've always had amazing experiences with memory express, from uber price beat when I ordered PC parts online in 2011, to returning a 5700xt that I was having major driver / crashing issues with last year, to having everything I wanted at the same or better prices than amazon in store (I cancelled my orders with them) and updating the bios for the ryzen processor and mounting the cooler FOR FREE. Memory express is good. The final sale stuff is covid related and to deter scalpers from ordering RTX 3000, RX 6000 and Ryzen 5000 products. People like you make places like RFD just seems like an entitled asshats. Clean yourself up. They open stores outside of the usual vancouver / toronto as well. Stop riding bezos you sheep.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3278 posts
875 upvotes
Calgary
ThePimpImp wrote: People on this site and other deals places has been super toxic about the deal available. The manufacturers have given no stock to these stores. They aren't going to put a discount to clear out stock they don't have. I've always had amazing experiences with memory express, from uber price beat when I ordered PC parts online in 2011, to returning a 5700xt that I was having major driver / crashing issues with last year, to having everything I wanted at the same or better prices than amazon in store (I cancelled my orders with them) and updating the bios for the ryzen processor and mounting the cooler FOR FREE. Memory express is good. The final sale stuff is covid related and to deter scalpers from ordering RTX 3000, RX 6000 and Ryzen 5000 products. People like you make places like RFD just seems like an entitled asshats. Clean yourself up. They open stores outside of the usual vancouver / toronto as well. Stop riding bezos you sheep.
I really like this post. Thank you!
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1158 posts
576 upvotes
Vancouver
419justblaz wrote: Just picked up a i5-9500 and a Z390-Pro-A for $320. They have great bundles going on right now for last gen Intel!
Debating this or getting a 10400f vs a 3600
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1158 posts
576 upvotes
Vancouver
I Cant belive some of the toxic post on here about sales.
Even though some of the sales aren't that great this year it doesn't mean people should be bashing mem ex. They have always gone above and beyond to make they customers happy.
They Had fantastic sales in the past and uber price beat which I'm sure a lot of benefited from.
So what if this year sales isn't all jazzed up to be. We are in a the middle of a gobal pandemic with inventory shortages. Give them a break. A lot of companies are tight on their pocket books right now.
If you compare their prices it's all on pair with most out there.
Be grateful this amazing company is still around and keeping their employees working.
They all have families and mouths to feed .

Just remember we all in this together and the only way we all going to get through it is by support one another and local businesses.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1158 posts
576 upvotes
Vancouver
ThePimpImp wrote: People on this site and other deals places has been super toxic about the deal available. The manufacturers have given no stock to these stores. They aren't going to put a discount to clear out stock they don't have. I've always had amazing experiences with memory express, from uber price beat when I ordered PC parts online in 2011, to returning a 5700xt that I was having major driver / crashing issues with last year, to having everything I wanted at the same or better prices than amazon in store (I cancelled my orders with them) and updating the bios for the ryzen processor and mounting the cooler FOR FREE. Memory express is good. The final sale stuff is covid related and to deter scalpers from ordering RTX 3000, RX 6000 and Ryzen 5000 products. People like you make places like RFD just seems like an entitled asshats. Clean yourself up. They open stores outside of the usual vancouver / toronto as well. Stop riding bezos you sheep.
Well said Clapping Hands Sign Ok Hand Sign Thumbs Up Sign
Apr 20, 2012
271 posts
257 upvotes
Edmonton
Memory Express has always been good to me. Got my 3080 from them and it was easy. Just placed a call over the phone, didn't need a deposit and one month later, I picked it up. They forgot to give me the cold war code and after I called them, they sent the code via email the next day. Their IPR is pretty decent too. They replaced my glorious model D twice due to a squeaky scroll wheel with no issues. The sales suck this year, but that's the same for everyone during the pandemic. As far as final sale goes, it's to deter scalpers or people who buy like 3 GPUs only to return 2 of them because it didn't fit their built aesthetically. They are the only major computer parts shop in Edmonton, and you can even pick out their parts and they will build the computer for you. If Memory Express carries the parts that I want, I will tend to buy from them if possible.