Expired Hot Deals

[Memory Express] MPG X570 GAMING EDGE Wi-Fi w/ DDR4-2666, 7.1 Audio, Dual M.2, Gigabit LAN, 802.11ac, 2-Way CrossFire $119.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2021 11:05 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1237 posts
2937 upvotes

[Memory Express] MPG X570 GAMING EDGE Wi-Fi w/ DDR4-2666, 7.1 Audio, Dual M.2, Gigabit LAN, 802.11ac, 2-Way CrossFire $119.99

Hot deal! :D Usually goes for around $200 something on sale.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Freebush on Apr 23rd, 2021 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
74 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 9, 2003
18562 posts
2928 upvotes
Langley
2666 Ram must be a mistake.

I ordered for ISPU, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled. My nephew is doing a budget gaming build, but this gives him a pretty nice board at a near-budget price. Gonna get a 3600 from Newegg for $250. For now he'll have to use my old Radeon 4890 until GPUs are available again.
Sr. Member
Feb 3, 2019
923 posts
1793 upvotes
Canada
Wow, this looks like a great price
Live a little
Newbie
Mar 25, 2018
9 posts
38 upvotes
Its a great price for an X570 Motherboard. However, be mindful it doesn't have the best thermals.

Especially with something with 12 cores or more (3900x and 5900x). If you decide to OC with those processors or (3950x / 5950x) then maybe get a better board.

Reviewed by hardware unboxed:

Member
Dec 23, 2006
247 posts
220 upvotes
What the fk are the odds. I realized this evening that one of my PCIe ports has gone bad on my mobo. I messed around with the freaking thing all evening to figure it out. Even started looking at Kijiji and FB Marketplace to buy a replacement. I go to sleep pissed, think to myself I'll just check RFD fast fast before getting in bed, argue with myself that there is no way I find a deal on a mobo .... Still do it LO AND BEHOLD, the FIRST link is a great deal on something I actually really need (think it's a first for me on RFD)! Thanks OP.
Jr. Member
Jun 2, 2011
144 posts
62 upvotes
Burnaby
Is it worth upgrading from a b350 board and a ryzen5 2600? It would future proof it for sure and I wouldn't mind getting built in Bluetooth and wifi.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1255 posts
470 upvotes
Vancouver
harrylakers242424 wrote: Is it worth upgrading from a b350 board and a ryzen5 2600? It would future proof it for sure and I wouldn't mind getting built in Bluetooth and wifi.
Pretty crazy deal for a X570 board for sure. Usually that would be a bad idea but a X570 for $119.99 might be hard to pass up. A good wifi card is already $30-$40.
Sr. Member
Sep 16, 2011
677 posts
1057 upvotes
LONDON
I placed an order, the funny part is I haven't been up to date with the CPUs and RAM since 3 years lol, feel free to give recommendations as I have to buy the CPU and RAM
Jr. Member
Apr 10, 2015
135 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
someone16 wrote: Pretty crazy deal for a X570 board for sure. Usually that would be a bad idea but a X570 for $119.99 might be hard to pass up. A good wifi card is already $30-$40.
The onboard wifi/bluetooth in this motherboard worth less than $10 since it is outdated.

However, this price for a x570 is still great.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 9, 2003
18562 posts
2928 upvotes
Langley
harrylakers242424 wrote: Is it worth upgrading from a b350 board and a ryzen5 2600? It would future proof it for sure and I wouldn't mind getting built in Bluetooth and wifi.
Well, you'd definitely get at least one more CPU upgrade cycle out of it if you eventually go to Zen 3. So it will save you buying another motherboard down the line.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 9, 2003
18562 posts
2928 upvotes
Langley
zackaroli wrote: I placed an order, the funny part is I haven't been up to date with the CPUs and RAM since 3 years lol, feel free to give recommendations as I have to buy the CPU and RAM
I think that the 3600 at Newegg for $250 is the best bang for the buck.

No idea on Ram, I don't really overclock anything so I just get the cheapest brand name DDR4, around $120 for corsair.
Member
Dec 15, 2014
373 posts
318 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Coldpinky wrote: Its a great price for an X570 Motherboard. However, be mindful it doesn't have the best thermals.

Especially with something with 12 cores or more (3900x and 5900x). If you decide to OC with those processors or (3950x / 5950x) then maybe get a better board.

Reviewed by hardware unboxed:

Yeah, D Tier for thermals - https://linustechtips.com/topic/1137619 ... -amd-only/
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2479 posts
338 upvotes
Burnaby
thanks OP. just ordered the last one from local store ISPU.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Member
Dec 25, 2003
478 posts
405 upvotes
Saskatoon
I will try to make a build around this mobo, ty OP.

This seems like a decent value for ram:
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX80360 16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00112303 32Gb


For CPU this is the sweet spot, 3600 which you can overclock:
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX77406 (better price https://www.newegg.ca/amd-ryzen-5-3600/ ... 6819113569 )
Member
Dec 15, 2014
373 posts
318 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
realBIGmike wrote: I will try to make a build around this mobo, ty OP.

This seems like a decent value for ram:
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX80360 16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00112303 32Gb

For CPU this is the sweet spot, 3600 which you can overclock:
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX77406 (better price https://www.newegg.ca/amd-ryzen-5-3600/ ... 6819113569 )
Don't buy the single stick, runs better with pairs

Top