Memory Express

NZXT H1 Mini ITX Case Back in Stock Memory Express $499.99 YMMV No discount

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 9:54 am
[OP]
Jan 23, 2010
23 posts
26 upvotes

[Memory Express] NZXT H1 Mini ITX Case Back in Stock Memory Express $499.99 YMMV No discount

Just in case someone wants to grab it. It has been out of stock for a few months.

No discount though. PC-Canada retails it for $455, but it was OOS all the time.

This is not a deal, but information to whoever is interested.
45 replies
Jun 16, 2018
77 posts
63 upvotes
Looks really slick. I doubt the new RTX 3000 cards will fit in these though.
Apr 18, 2017
747 posts
1486 upvotes
Seems like there should be a place to post "not even close to a deal" deals.
Jun 4, 2011
438 posts
629 upvotes
Toronto
Uhhhh I mean it's great it has a PSU and it is a remarkably small case but $500 just for a case?! I remember I bought some giant eatx case back in the day for 250ish but this is on another level it seems.
[OP]
Jan 23, 2010
23 posts
26 upvotes
This one comes with a 650W gold-rated PSU, a 140mm AIO, and a Rizer Cable. I was originally looking at NZXT H210i for the build, with the current market price, I will end up with the same or higher price for the SFX PSU 600w and 240mm AIO.

I am sure the cooling performance on the NZXT AIO of 140mm will not be as good as a 240mm cooler, but as per the online reviews, the included AIO actually drops the temperature of a 3800X quite a lot comparing to the Prism Wraith cooler (40-60c under load). I currently have my 3800 in a ATX case using a stock cooler, I hate the smaller fan on the Prism Wraith, and it is very noisy, and the fan speed cranks up so often and I am annoyed all the time, and the CPU temperature can easily go up to 80 degrees Celcius.

So it is definitely an upgrade for me and for the small form factor and XBOX looking style, it suites my personal preference.

For the new RTX 3000 series compatibility, there is no clear answer to that but there are a few discussions started online already, and people are optimistic that it will fit a 3080 card, but this is not confirmed, or alternatively to install an aftermarket cooler. We will see.
Oct 11, 2014
335 posts
252 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
CaptainX wrote: Looks really slick. I doubt the new RTX 3000 cards will fit in these though.
Been meaning to build an ITX rig. Do you know of any ITX cases that will fit the RTX 3000 series knowing that most of them are 2.5-3 slot cards?

From what I’ve seen, most ITX cases officially support 2 spot but I’ve wiggle room
Jun 8, 2010
232 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
TimDrake wrote: Been meaning to build an ITX rig. Do you know of any ITX cases that will fit the RTX 3000 series knowing that most of them are 2.5-3 slot cards?

From what I’ve seen, most ITX cases officially support 2 spot but I’ve wiggle room
I think the new CoolerMaster NR200 would work, but it's hard to find. I placed an order on Amazon for the NR200 a few weeks ago, and have an ETA of November
Happy customer of Fido and Tangerine 😃
Jan 20, 2013
183 posts
310 upvotes
Cold Lake
So it's a Xbox Series X without anything inside? Nice
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21072 posts
3775 upvotes
YUL
Roynsky wrote: The NR200P is still available for pre-order. Still a great case, slightly less airflow due to the panel and a slight loss in space due to the panel being so stiff but otherwise similar to the NR200.

EDIT: Significantly cheaper too, but no PSU.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bo%C3%AEtier-Mini ... =8-10&th=1
Add an SFF PSU, add proper SFF cooling, and you're pretty much at this price anyways. That's why I can see those that complain about the price of this kit have no clue about building an SFF PC and that there's a premium to pay when building an SFF PC
Sep 16, 2019
934 posts
1012 upvotes
How much harder would it be to build a mini-ITX over a regular ATX for a first time build? I've heard not to, but my stubborn head seems to think its doable with extra effort, research and $$.

Its important to me because I intend to travel with this unit occasionally
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16003 posts
7588 upvotes
Ottawa
insomnia521 wrote: No discount though. PC-Canada retails it for $455, but it was OOS all the time.
Still out of stock for online orders.

After all these years buying computer stuff, I've seen this pc-canada site but never bought anything from them. Are they a good retailer to deal with?
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Jun 18, 2016
628 posts
1743 upvotes
Parrajara wrote: How much harder would it be to build a mini-ITX over a regular ATX for a first time build? I've heard not to, but my stubborn head seems to think its doable with extra effort, research and $$.

Just get a CM NR200 and you basically don't have to worry too much about compatibility or cooling (unless you're going for extreme parts, like a 10900k overclocked).
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1297 posts
505 upvotes
Vancouver
Parrajara wrote: How much harder would it be to build a mini-ITX over a regular ATX for a first time build? I've heard not to, but my stubborn head seems to think its doable with extra effort, research and $$.

That's the advantage of this case. PSU and cooler is optimized for the case should eliminate most compatibility issues.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16003 posts
7588 upvotes
Ottawa

It *is* extra efffort, as you have to be mindful of size and thermal limits. That's why this particular case is awesome. It has good cooling performance, clean wire management right out of the box, and can take mid-end full size cards without compromise.

I was going to build a PC myself around ITX but I decided that I should just buy this case to save myself a lot of headache and guesswork.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
[OP]
Jan 23, 2010
23 posts
26 upvotes

For this NZXT H1, you can do it within 15 minutes. it is so easy to work with, a lot easier than the ATX since you dont need find place to screw in the radiator and the power supply.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1761 posts
1183 upvotes
you can buy xbox series x with similar cost