Expired Hot Deals

Memory Express

Ryzen 3600 + ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F $399.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 2:06 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28630 posts
14171 upvotes

[Memory Express] Ryzen 3600 + ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F $399.99

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/BDL_MM00001417

In 15 seconds of searching the cheapest I could find the board was $146 back in December at Amazon.
Cheapest I could find the CPU was early August at Mike's for $250.
If you have your requisite RFD issued time machine this deal is terrible, but if yours is broken there's a $4 "my time machine is broken tax".

I know nothing about the board outside of the fact that it has Intel LAN which is basically about the only thing I care about because screw you Realtek.
Also 4x RAM slots which is overkill since no one is going to run 64GB except me.
2x M.2 too.

I'm really hoping that since it's being sold as a bundle that they've already flashed the BIOS to support the 3600.

Full specs:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-S ... fications/

I bought one. Let's hear reasons on why I should cancel.
Gonna buy a pair T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32GB 3000MHz as well probably since Mike's has it for $155.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1683 posts
2134 upvotes
Now I have zero reason to buy used 8700k
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7666 posts
5169 upvotes
Canada
Good deal, but board has been cheaper

It's been $125 a couple of times at newegg
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1832 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
Hmmm just last week I bought a 3600 and a strix b450i for $415.
Penalty Box
Dec 2, 2004
1409 posts
1558 upvotes
Very confusing specs.

The picture shows:

Multi-GPU CFX support
2 x PCIe 3.0 x 16
(supports x 16, x8/x4)
1 x PCIe 2.0 x 16
(at x4 mode)
3 x PCIe 2.0 x 1

however, the B450 specs show:
AMD B450 chipset
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode) *1
3 x PCIe 2.0 x1

I think this board would be better utilized if it was an x470 chipset.

great combo price though ... I think only valid for today ...
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
50241 posts
6389 upvotes
Toronto
RFDQ1016 wrote: Good deal, but board has been cheaper

It's been $125 a couple of times at newegg
Ryzen 5 3600 is $280 at Amazon, this would make the motherboard $119.

Ryzen 3600 is available for $265 at the smaller retailers but they charge shipping fees and returns aren't as customer friendly..
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3627 upvotes
Toronto
frugal69 wrote: Very confusing specs.

The picture shows:

Multi-GPU CFX support
2 x PCIe 3.0 x 16
(supports x 16, x8/x4)
1 x PCIe 2.0 x 16
(at x4 mode)
3 x PCIe 2.0 x 1

however, the B450 specs show:
AMD B450 chipset
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode) *1
3 x PCIe 2.0 x1

I think this board would be better utilized if it was an x470 chipset.

great combo price though ... I think only valid for today ...
The CPU provides 1 x PCIe 3.0 x 16 on top of the chipset, but yes it is confusing lol.
Newbie
Apr 30, 2008
49 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
stanleylai wrote: Hmmm just last week I bought a 3600 and a strix b450i for $415.
where did you get that deal? and just curious which case are you going to put it in?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
3719 posts
1838 upvotes
Vancouver
Good deal OP. I was looking at this and kicking myself for getting the Prime x470. Could've saved myself some money with this board instead.
Sr. Member
Aug 31, 2006
623 posts
451 upvotes
Calgary
Jimboski wrote: Ryzen 5 3600 is $280 at Amazon, this would make the motherboard $119.

Ryzen 3600 is available for $265 at the smaller retailers but they charge shipping fees and returns aren't as customer friendly..
something something price match
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1832 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
gqa18 wrote: where did you get that deal? and just curious which case are you going to put it in?
I pmd the motherboard at memory express and pmd the 3600 too. Im putting it in a cooler master nr400
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28630 posts
14171 upvotes
Dammit. I was hoping someone was going to post a better historical deal so I could cancel.
RFDQ1016 wrote: Good deal, but board has been cheaper
It's been $125 a couple of times at newegg
$400 - $125 = $275 which still isn't bad for the CPU.
Technically cold if you managed to hit the CPU for $250 but it apparently didn't last long.
Jimboski wrote: That's not how price match works, especially with a retailer that's online only. You'd have to price match the shipping fee also.
Depends on the retailer you're trying to price match with.
I don't think Memex has ever looked at shipping cost at least for me.
NCIX when they existed didn't either.
Canada Computers did though.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)