PC & Video Games

In memory of Stan Lee, what are your favorite Marvel video games?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2018 12:06 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto

In memory of Stan Lee, what are your favorite Marvel video games?

RIP Stan Lee!

There have been countless video games based on his work over the years so I thought it'd be cool to list and discuss our favorites

One of my first ever and favorites growing up was this 6 player Xmen arcade machine they had at Chuck-E-Cheese's. Me and my friends must've spent tons of quarters playing and beating this game
Also a big fan of and spent countless hours playing Xmen Vs Street Fighter in the arcades and on emulators. Looking forward to playing the new Spiderman in the future.

What are your favorite Marvel games from over the years?
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8615 upvotes
GTA
My favorites were mostly because they were based on my favorite Marvel character, Spider-Man. They were the earliest games with any super-hero that I remember:

Atari 2600 Spider-Man by Coleco
250px-Spider-Man_Screenshot.png
Not a great game by today's standards, but I loved it as a kid. It had web-slinging, swinging, and the Green Goblin. I was able to make it to the third level, which was the same as all the other levels but harder. But that summed up most Atari games.

A text adventure on the Commodore 64 called Spider-Man by Questprobe:
Questprobe_2_Spiderman_A800_ingame.png
I sucked at it, couldn't make it very far but I loved how it was a text adventure with awesome visuals. The images would change a bit as you played, like the still image would suddenly have a cloud of smoke in it. This blew my mind.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
BernardRyder wrote: My favorites were mostly because they were based on my favorite Marvel character, Spider-Man. They were the earliest games with any super-hero that I remember:
wow I don't remember or have much experience with any of the games released before the SNES and arcades. Never heard of either of these but very cool to see how far back these games go. Thanks for sharing this
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't thought about this game in years but I just remembered loving Spider-Man/Xmen for SNES. I remember this game being pretty hard, crazy to see someone beat it with no deaths
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
3039 posts
2516 upvotes
Markham
Marvel vs Capcom 1 ate a lot of my quarters.
- Jegan V
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
ReeGee wrote: RIP Stan Lee!

There have been countless video games based on his work over the years so I thought it'd be cool to list and discuss our favorites

One of my first ever and favorites growing up was this 6 player Xmen arcade machine they had at Chuck-E-Cheese's. Me and my friends must've spent tons of quarters playing and beating this game
Also a big fan of and spent countless hours playing Xmen Vs Street Fighter in the arcades and on emulators. Looking forward to playing the new Spiderman in the future.

Love this game! Still play it on my retro setup
Nov 18, 2007
592 posts
643 upvotes
Markham
I remember playing X-men: Children of the Atom cabinets.

Spent hours with X-men Legends, Spider-man 2 for console.
Nov 22, 2013
109 posts
13 upvotes
Brampton
gen_spiderman_venom_maximum_carnage_p_0us0bm.jpg
One of my favourite Spidey game, however, This game was very difficult.
Last edited by Spurs1 on Nov 15th, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: RIP Stan Lee!

I remember playing that game with friends after school... last one got stuck with Colossus! By far the worst character.... really it was his special move had no range.

I wasn't really into fighting games anymore when all the Marvel vs Capcom vs SF games came out. So my pick is the Spider-Man game for PS3. I remember I enjoyed it. Honorable mention for X-Men on NES. The game was awful in so many ways, but I kept playing as a kid because it was the X-Men!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5882 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
I just finished playing the latest Spider-Man game on PS4 and I was pleasantly surprised to see a Stan Lee cameo in it. Were there any others in games that I missed or don't remember?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
kindred_99 wrote: I just finished playing the latest Spider-Man game on PS4 and I was pleasantly surprised to see a Stan Lee cameo in it. Were there any others in games that I missed or don't remember?
He's a playable character in Lego Marvel Avengers. Now that I think back that was one of the better Lego games I've played

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)