Computers & Electronics

Memory Stick Pro Duo (BEWARE OF FAKES - READ if u plan to buy a mspd)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2008 12:46 pm
Tags:
327 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
try it on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] they have ok prices..
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9318 posts
204 upvotes
Twenty something rebate is only available to US residents so price is 73US$+.
vero95: :facepalm:
Nov 16, 2005
954 posts
2 upvotes
I bought one from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] for much less
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
1328 posts
294 upvotes
Kanata
Same here, you can get one shipped from within Canada (to avoid duties) from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]eBay[/rfdlink] for under $100 CND.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2721 posts
1788 upvotes
Markham
you think you got a good deal from ebay.. infact.. u got jipped and u don't even know it

for memorycards

CHECK.. you might already have FAKE SONY/SANDISK/LEXAR card

for real ones, the txt on the front and back is clear.. and it is carved into the plastic..

for the fake ones, the text on the card is only printed on.. it can be rubbed off with your thumb after a week of use..

as far as the packaging.. it will say adapter included PRINTED ON THE PACKAGE
not as a separate item for free.. if it saids it is free and the package never even mentioned about the adapter.. it is fake

as i see right now on ebay.. 99% of the memorycards.. no matter where it comes from.. Hongkong, china.. UK, USA.. all fake..

so they are not covered by warranty...
good luck with them
Jan 1, 2004
142 posts
Toronto
That's right, I am planning to buy a 2GB MS pro Duo for my PSP, I did some research on internet and I found most of the MS cards on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]Ebay[/rfdlink] are fake(I only found one is real Sony), the price are higher than you buy from China directly, I believe the reasonable price in china is between $120-130 CAD.
Feb 27, 2005
409 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
wow never heard of that info before
whered u get that from
Thanks,
Mike
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2721 posts
1788 upvotes
Markham
if it is too good to be true.. then u know there is something wrong

the Sony Highspeed 2gb pro duo is like 600dollars @ sonystyle.ca
even Sandisk 2gb ultra II pro duo(which i recommend getting over sony) is at least 280 or so before tax.. and u can't even find it anywhere at pacific mall nor can u find @ [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink], TD, CC

there are many gaming store @ pacific selling the Sony Highspeed Pro duo 1gb for 150+ dollars CDN.. those are ALL FAKE.. so you beware....

the only store that sells 2gb sony GENUINE is the camera store besides the escalator.. and it is the normal one.. not the highspeed.. and it is 285 dollars before tax.. u might be able to bargain for a bit.. but i don't think they will budge too much...

can't really find 2gb memcards anywhere for a good price :(

and i verified that Canada Computers.. where i bought my Sandisk 1gb Ultra II pro duo from.. is REAL.. i saw many fakes at Pmall

so... beware
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2721 posts
1788 upvotes
Markham
for starters.. i bought a fake 1gb sony highspeed without knowing.. broke in less than a week.. PSP can't even read it.. card reader can't read it..
when i send it back to HK.. i found out that the seller's paypal account got frozen

now i don't FRICKEN GET MY MONEY BACK... i emailed paypal.. emailed ebay.. they ignored my email.. this guy needs to give me a refund and my money had nothing to do with whatever he was doing with his account

so... from then .. i knew which one is real.. which are fake.. cuz i did comparison...

come on.. a 600dollar 2gb highspeed pro duo sony for 110dollars when it is 400-600 everywhere else.. u KNOW something is not right

i suggest u not even attempt.. the chip inside isn't even highspeed.. it is just some crap quality generic chip...
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3519 posts
435 upvotes
Calgary
eqlsp wrote:wow never heard of that info before
whered u get that from
They just make it up and try to sound like an expert. There is no source, no link, just hearsay.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2721 posts
1788 upvotes
Markham
cko64 wrote:They just make it up and try to sound like an expert. There is no source, no link, just hearsay.

if you dont believe it.. you don't have to.. i have already filed a report with [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] and paypal.. with pictures of real and fake side by side.. and what i got, what i returned, shipping and tracking number included..

i already spent the time typing this up so users will beware.. since this is a discount forum.. not a "proving fake - beware" forum.. i am not gonna spend time and energy uploading to my webspace and posting it..

sure.. go ahead.. buy from those games stores at pacific and get a fake card.. do u wonder why they give 1 week warranty??

and a 600dollar card is 110dollars on ebay?? sent straight from china??

just because YOU don't know.. don't pretend YOU are the expert..
i am not trying to pretend to be.. just saying what i know.. u don't have to bash
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2721 posts
1788 upvotes
Markham
mike.. check the text at the back.. the text should be carved into the plastic.. not just printed..

from the looks of the package.. i think it should be real.. just have to check the card to be sure..

u know those ppl.. changing the package to imitate real ones isnt that hard

Andy
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3584 posts
262 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
wow didn't know there will be fakes out there

Do you have any links that can backup what you are saying?

Thanks
Feb 27, 2005
409 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
andyyuen wrote:mike.. check the text at the back.. the text should be carved into the plastic.. not just printed..

from the looks of the package.. i think it should be real.. just have to check the card to be sure..

u know those ppl.. changing the package to imitate real ones isnt that hard

Andy

the writing on the back more pertudes out rather than engraved in, it definetly isnt jus printed on
Thanks,
Mike