• Dec 23rd, 2020 3:15 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 16, 2007
386 posts
16 upvotes
Scarborough

Men’s pants, business casual?

Looking for recommendations for dress pants, slacks, or khakis. Something a little dressy but not very formal and reasonably durable.

I usually wear a dress shirt and Gap’s khakis at work. These khakis are nice, comfy, go on sale regularly, but look a little rough or fade a bit after 6-8 months. I’d like to add a few nicer pairs of pants into the mix. Some of my old dress pants have held up well, but are so old they don’t fit so well anymore, unfortunately they’re just random brands that I don’t recall buying anywhere specific.
28 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1117 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
I'm a fan of Lululemon ABC pants for business casual. Super comfortable and wash well. They are pricey compared to the GAP but Lululemon have a lifetime warranty on their products so keep your receipts had a rip at the seams and they replaced it for me after a almost a year of use.
[OP]
Mar 16, 2007
386 posts
16 upvotes
Scarborough
submarine wrote: I'm a fan of Lululemon ABC pants for business casual. Super comfortable and wash well. They are pricey compared to the GAP but Lululemon have a lifetime warranty on their products so keep your receipts had a rip at the seams and they replaced it for me after a almost a year of use.
I had strayed away from these based on price, but they keep coming up. Any tips on when these go on sale or what's a good sale price is?
Had a pair similar to these, prefer the khaki/chino/dress pant look where the pockets are inside. I like the costco value, but dislike the lack of fit choices (straight, athletic, slim, etc.) for the pants they offer. Sometimes I luck out though.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1841 posts
1019 upvotes
Banana Republic Emerson chino.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1381 posts
441 upvotes
GTA
Huge fan of the ABC/Commission Pant at Lululemon
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11732 posts
6663 upvotes
Markham
An an alternative to the Kenneth Cole pair of pants from Costco posted, Costco also sells a pair of Haggar's that were on sale for $19 a few weeks ago.
Images
  • haggarCapture.JPG
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13358 posts
2257 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Polyester doesn't fade at the rate that cotton does.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Adversity is a growth opportunity. Change happens at the periphery.
[OP]
Mar 16, 2007
386 posts
16 upvotes
Scarborough
I ordered a few pairs from Banana Republic with their 50% off sale (so fair market value?). Fingers crossed there is a style that I like.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4466 posts
3524 upvotes
Dough wrote: Looking for recommendations for dress pants, slacks, or khakis. Something a little dressy but not very formal and reasonably durable.

I usually wear a dress shirt and Gap’s khakis at work. These khakis are nice, comfy, go on sale regularly, but look a little rough or fade a bit after 6-8 months. I’d like to add a few nicer pairs of pants into the mix. Some of my old dress pants have held up well, but are so old they don’t fit so well anymore, unfortunately they’re just random brands that I don’t recall buying anywhere specific.
i like fit and quality of Docker's skinny (or slim if preferred) tapered khakis/Chinos as business casual and going out since there's a bit of stretch to them and they're not that wide like clown pants and have pockets like jeans

https://www.thebay.com/product/dockers- ... ers%20slim

or

https://www.thebay.com/product/dockers- ... s%20skinny
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1763 posts
1293 upvotes
GTA West
This is where I miss US shopping. I used to hit J.C Penney where they would carry tons of different options including odd waist and inseam sizes. I could always find pants there. I would load up with clothes to try, the fitting rooms would be convenient and I could arrive at decisions quickly.

I sure miss those shopping expeditions. Now I get pants an inch too long and either I pay $15 for they alteration or they drag on the ground and fray.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11732 posts
6663 upvotes
Markham
StatsGuy wrote: i like fit and quality of Docker's skinny (or slim if preferred) tapered khakis/Chinos as business casual and going out since there's a bit of stretch to them and they're not that wide like clown pants and have pockets like jeans

https://www.thebay.com/product/dockers- ... ers%20slim

or

https://www.thebay.com/product/dockers- ... s%20skinny
Check out the Haggars at Costco that I posted. Slim, stretch and tapered and great price.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Oct 7, 2008
72 posts
7 upvotes
Cambridge
Check out Alberto Ceramica best pants I've ever owned!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1841 posts
1019 upvotes
OP there's a promo right now for ecard, $20off on $100.
For Old Navy, BR & Gap.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3385 posts
637 upvotes
moe19x wrote: Check out Alberto Ceramica best pants I've ever owned!
Agreed. My husband has a few pairs of Alberto pants (jeans and dress pants - note that this dress pants must be dry cleaned). But they are a few years old now - he does not want his pants to be skinny or very narrow at the bottom. Hopefully at some point "regular fit" pants will come back in fashion. I used to be able to buy things for him that fit perfectly. Now, there is no way - even with a shirt. Note that he is 6 ft. and weighs 165 lbs. so it is not his weight that is an issue. Same with shoes.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4814 posts
3301 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I bought a pair of Lululemon ABC Commission pants. They are so comfortable and stretchy and look business casual. They're currently on sale now with cyber monday. I bought mine with the amex offer. Use them when I'm being casual in the office.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
[OP]
Mar 16, 2007
386 posts
16 upvotes
Scarborough
bomber17 wrote: I bought a pair of Lululemon ABC Commission pants. They are so comfortable and stretchy and look business casual. They're currently on sale now with cyber monday. I bought mine with the amex offer. Use them when I'm being casual in the office.
I saw that they’re on sale, but a little disappointed that they’re final sale. Will take some measurements andecide later whether i risk it.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11027 posts
3585 upvotes
Dough wrote: I saw that they’re on sale, but a little disappointed that they’re final sale. Will take some measurements andecide later whether i risk it.
Exactly - It's a lot of money to spend if you don't like or they don't fit.

I was going to try but...
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1117 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
Dough wrote: I had strayed away from these based on price, but they keep coming up. Any tips on when these go on sale or what's a good sale price is?
I don't believe they go on sale very often and have personally not seen any big sales. Most I've gotten is 20$ credit with AMEX.