None
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 2, 2007
899 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto

Men don't care about health?

Do men don't care about health issues? I noticed alot of guys don't exercise hence they accumulated a large belly. Heart attack is the main cause of death for men. I have to exercise rigorously to stay healthy. My dad died of heart attack therefore I am determined to avoid that fate
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8892 posts
1534 upvotes
picard12 wrote: Do men don't care about health issues? I noticed alot of guys don't exercise hence they accumulated a large belly. Heart attack is the main cause of death for men. I have to exercise rigorously to stay healthy. My dad died of heart attack therefore I am determined to avoid that fate
What are you basing your theory off of? If you're saying men don't care then are you saying women care? I see many obese women too and it's not just limited to men.

I think there are too many temptations in life like fast food, sugary food, processed meat etc that is causing the obesity in people. I think people in general are more health conscious in the sense that they do exercise but long work hours and long periods of sitting at the desk is counter balancing the time they do go out to exercise. I think there are more fitness centers and they are all pretty busy. I believe everyone cares but it's so tough to stay in tip top shape once you hit a certain age.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13902 posts
8995 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Over exercise can be bad too..
picard12 wrote: Do men don't care about health issues? I noticed alot of guys don't exercise hence they accumulated a large belly. Heart attack is the main cause of death for men. I have to exercise rigorously to stay healthy. My dad died of heart attack therefore I am determined to avoid that fate
However I do agree that I see more fat bellies than no bellies.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2055 posts
186 upvotes
Yeah I don't care about my health.... $$$ & chicks wins everything ...
No $$$ no life
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19597 posts
3601 upvotes
Toronto
I'm seeing more fit guys and fat women these days, but that may be because I work in a female-dominated industry. I'm noticing a lot of younger guys are really getting into fitness, though. The girls, not so much.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 2, 2007
899 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
my whole apartment is full 90% fat belly. I have seen at least 10 people in my work area over weight. the women are definitely over weight. none of the people in my apartment play any sports such as soccer, baseball, jogging or biking.
Jul 28, 2016
3 posts
Hello there! I do think that guys care about health, alot actually. In general they do more sports than girls, thats what i think...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1495 upvotes
Montreal
Bias OP is bias...

I see more males at the gym than females. Therefore females don't care about health?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2011
2715 posts
967 upvotes
Yellowknife
OP, looks like men are more health conscious than females, if you are looking at the bellies. According to 2012-13 Statistics Canada data
The proportion of adults considered to have an increased health risk was lower when waist circumference and BMI were considered together (see About body composition). Approximately 41% of the Canadian population aged 18 to 79 (34% of males and 48% of females) were determined to have a body composition associated with increased health risk (Chart 3). Older adults aged 40 to 79 were more likely to have a body composition associated with an increased health risk compared to younger adults aged 18 to 39 years. Younger females aged 18 to 39 were more likely than younger males aged 18 to 39 to have a body composition associated with an increased health risk (38% for females vs. 13% for males). There were no differences between males and females for older adults aged 40 to 79.
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/82-625-x/2 ... 04-eng.htm
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13546 posts
2344 upvotes
City of Vancouver
On the show Border Security, u see all these steroids coming in thru the post that the CBSA are intercepting. Is it healthy to put your long term health at risk to look all bulked up the easy way?

And, check out the threads in the Food forum. Unhealthy.
Sep 11, 2016
8 posts
Any change must be a lifestyle change for it to be sustained. That is the hardest part about change it isn't something you can do once and then go back to the old ways. It must be consistent to be powerful and effective.