Health & Wellness

Men : go to deodorant that last all day ?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2022 4:27 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3385 posts
441 upvotes
Montreal

Men : go to deodorant that last all day ?

Hi everyone,

What is your go to deodorant (not antiperspirant) that lasts all day without having to put some on mid-day or evening ?

I am having a hard time finding one, I am not a smelly mofo, I shower everyday, i shave my arm pit hair but still have a hard time finding a deo that stays on all day.

I tend to stay away from antiperspirant due to aluminium's bad rep, is this still valid?

Thank you for your advice.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Every BODY is different
So you got to find what works for you

The go to at my house remains Speed Stick
It comes in both a Deodorant, or an Antiperspirant formulation
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
Years ago i just used to rub dove soap since these deodorants have lot of chemicals in em….
It was really nice pleasant smell
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5280 posts
4939 upvotes
Southern Ontario
So you are having wetness but not getting smelly?

For no wetness, you'll have to switch to an Antiperspirant.

I'm basically allergic to almost everything and tried about 10 different brands... this one works well for me and I'm not breaking out. Big dose of Aluminum... guess I'm allergic to something else in other deodorant/antiperspirant's I guess, as this doesn't make me itch until I bleed like the others.

Make sure you are applying whatever you are using, properly.

It's expensive, under $9 on Amazon or $9.97 at local WalMart. Just because this works for me, doesn't mean it will for you - but you'll have to try some to see what works.

Dove bar soap also doesn't irritate my skin in the shower. Perfume style soaps I can't use or I get a reaction.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2020
7187 posts
5619 upvotes
Thornhill
I use an unscented Speed Stick...It's probably loaded with aluminum. I still stink and my clothes develop a film lol. I haven't found anything better.

I'm one of those unlucky Chinese people...Most of us don't have the BO gene, deodorant/anti-perspirant aren't very common in China apparently.
People without Gene for Underarm Odor Still Wear Deodorant

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... iveScience.

Smelly genes

Several years ago ago, scientists discovered that a gene called ABCC11 determined whether people produced wet or dry earwax. Interestingly, people who produce the "dry" version of earwax also lack a chemical in their armpits that bacteria feed on to cause underarm odor.

"This key gene is basically the single determinant of whether you do produce underarm odor or not," Day said.

While only 2 percent of Europeans lack the genes for smelly armpits, most East Asians and almost all Koreans lack this gene, Day told LiveScience.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8555 posts
11769 upvotes
GTA
ADenariusSaved wrote: I use an unscented Speed Stick...It's probably loaded with aluminum. I still stink and my clothes develop a film lol. I haven't found anything better.

I'm one of those unlucky Chinese people...Most of us don't have the BO gene, deodorant/anti-perspirant aren't very common in China apparently.
Read the label, it will say if it has aluminum or not. Their deodorant doesn't but their anti-perspirant does.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2020
7187 posts
5619 upvotes
Thornhill
Oh it definitely does. I use anti-perspirant, should have specified, there are unscented deodorants?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8555 posts
11769 upvotes
GTA
ADenariusSaved wrote: Oh it definitely does. I use anti-perspirant, should have specified, there are unscented deodorants?
Yes there are but none by Speedstick.