Men Seiko Automatic Watches 71% off US Deal

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2014 11:42 am
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3567 posts
1615 upvotes
'Shwallywood
I have 2 Seiko 5's and theyre both running strong.

Just be aware, the wrist bands are small, even at maximum, my medium sized wrists are too big.

Bought em from Mr. Watch, $55 each. So this deal isn't super hot.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9630 posts
2615 upvotes
Toronto
If only 42mm or larger dam.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2168 posts
353 upvotes
Canada
I would not call this a hot deal - Get pretty good prices on Seiko at Jomashop - free shipping if you have a USA Address. They have tons of Seiko's for up to 70% off and you can most times fine a coupon. I have purchased here before and no complaits.

- for example :

Seiko 5
Seiko 5 Automatic Brown Dial Stainless Steel Mens Watch SNKM45 ,

Item Code : seiko-watch-snkm45 - This is 37.5 mm with 18mm band.
Subtotal: $59.95
Shipping: $16.50
Tax: $0.00
Total: $76.45
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3984 posts
3170 upvotes
Ottawa
We’re sorry, the Seiko Deal of the Day featuring automatic watches has sold out—but we’re extending a new offer in its place.

Today only, two Amazon-exclusive Seiko styles for men are available for more than 60% off the original price. Find full details about these on-trend, all-black watches—which feature analog displays, black ion plating, and water resistance up to 100 meters (330 feet)—below.

Seiko Men's SNDF11 Classic "Amazon Exclusive" Casual Watch
List Price: $319.99
Price: $98.99
You Save: $221.00 (69%)

Seiko Men's SKA605 KINETIC "Amazon Exclusive" Black Ion-Plated Stainless Steel Watch
List Price: $400.00
Price: $152.99
You Save: $247.01 (62%)
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3984 posts
3170 upvotes
Ottawa
chinesedevil wrote: If only 42mm or larger dam.
Your wish is granted - the 2 replacement watches are 43mm and 42mm.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6961 posts
3475 upvotes
Debtario
FYI Seiko MSRPs are always heavily inflated, unless you buy from an authorized dealer, in which you get a warranty and the high price is normal. That said, it's not uncommon to find these watches for steep discounts if you buy "grey" market (usually from Singapore, Japan, HK, no warranty, possibly no box and no documentation).

Automatic watches are gateway drugs. Bought a SNKE51K1 last year and loved it, decided to spring for a first gen Orange monster SKX781K1 recently. Looking at getting the SKX007/009 in the near future but waiting to see if they update the movement to 4R36 like the monster line, just hope they don't mess too much with the basic dial/design (except perhaps for giving it a better quality stock bracelet)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2004
2057 posts
88 upvotes
Ktichener, ON
hagbard wrote: Mine is losing about 1 minute a week. When I got it, it was more like a minute a month.

Please explain. All automatic watches are adjustable, if you send them in for repair.
All mechanical watches have internal speed control -5 0 +5 setting
That feature is design for that purpose.
Read up
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
2307 posts
384 upvotes
Edmonton
Replacement deal does not ship to Canada. Entered my address and no shipping to YEG.
Mar 21, 2010
360 posts
192 upvotes
Vancouver
M1K3Z0R wrote: FYI Seiko MSRPs are always heavily inflated, unless you buy from an authorized dealer, in which you get a warranty and the high price is normal. That said, it's not uncommon to find these watches for steep discounts if you buy "grey" market (usually from Singapore, Japan, HK, no warranty, possibly no box and no documentation).

Automatic watches are gateway drugs. Bought a SNKE51K1 last year and loved it, decided to spring for a first gen Orange monster SKX781K1 recently. Looking at getting the SKX007/009 in the near future but waiting to see if they update the movement to 4R36 like the monster line, just hope they don't mess too much with the basic dial/design (except perhaps for giving it a better quality stock bracelet)
I'm pretty sure it was a thread just like this on RFD that got me into collecting automatic dive watches a few years ago. I think it was for an Invicta from Amazon and then someone mentioned the Orient Mako watch. After researching it I got hooked.
May 11, 2009
465 posts
328 upvotes
Vancouver
If you like your SKX007... don't look up Yobokies or Dagaz... don't do it... and keep your wallet safe. :D
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6961 posts
3475 upvotes
Debtario
headhunt3r wrote: If you like your SKX007... don't look up Yobokies or Dagaz... don't do it... and keep your wallet safe. :D
And NEVER visit watchuseek. I made the critical mistake of taking to google upon hearing about the Seiko 5 series and getting WUS in the top hits. 2 Automatics, several NATO straps, and a shark mesh band later I'm dreaming of Omega seamaster professionals and isofrane straps. FML
Poutinesauce wrote: No point in this, Orient is much better when it comes to automatic watches at affordable prices, and their high-end "luxury" models are overpriced monstrosities.
Orient is a subsidiary of Seiko, and yes they do have many nice watches. The Mako line is pretty nice, has submariner styling that's more dressy than some of the Seiko divers too. Seiko has some advantages though, namely better lume and well documented and widely available movements, and some other things specific to some models (solid link bracelets, smoother bezel movement, higher quality finish/detail, ISO Certified for SCUBA diving). Either way, you get a lot of watch for the money, beats the cheap quartz, Invictas, and Fossil-made designer watches that seem to go for insane prices for what they are.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
May 2, 2012
192 posts
43 upvotes
I've had a Seiko 5 for almost 3 years. A few weeks ago it started running extremely fast out of the blue (~8 hours a day fast, visible just watching the second hand sweep). I tried the "unbind the spring by banging it against your hand" trick, didn't work.

Ended up opening the case, unscrewing (tiny ***** screw) the bridge that the balance is on, letting the spring dangle and putting it back together. Has been within 20 seconds a week since then (more accurate than it was before it went way off). Kinda fun. My dad was very impressed when I mentioned it haha.
Jul 24, 2001
445 posts
124 upvotes
Vancouver
Ah darn it ... just missed this. Can't see what model it was now. That's probably a good thing according to the wife. :)

And +1 on WUS. Avoid it if you even have any slightest interest in watches. LOL.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3814 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
I been looking to add a Seiko to my collection. It sucks I missed this deal but I'll definitely keep my eye on Jomas shop.
Proud supporter of Tour for Kids and Ride for Karen!

Come chat live with other RFD'ers on IRC! #redflagdeals on EFNet!

Peace!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)