Fashion & Beauty

Men Suit- How To Protect Around Elbow Area

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 7:23 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10815 posts
5803 upvotes
Markham

Men Suit- How To Protect Around Elbow Area

Bought a suit a year ago, now area around elbow has a little hole, how to protect this area for the suit and make sure this won’t happen again? Don’t want to buy a new suit and use only one year

Thanks
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1888 posts
547 upvotes
North York
Where did you buy this suit and how did you wear it once and the elbow already has a hole in it?

And to answer your question, buy a better quality suit.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10815 posts
5803 upvotes
Markham
thericyip wrote: Where did you buy this suit and how did you wear it once and the elbow already has a hole in it?

And to answer your question, buy a better quality suit.
Not once, a year. I spent a lot time typing,

I thought CK is a better quality suit.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1888 posts
547 upvotes
North York
OHH. Well first of all, CK is terrible. Secondly, if you're wearing suits on a regular basis, you should definitely have more than one. Suit Supply or Spier and Mackay are great starting points.

Actually, Spier and Mackay has a two suit deal right now for $750. Discount applied in cart. Ends Monday, October 23, 2017.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10815 posts
5803 upvotes
Markham
thericyip wrote: OHH. Well first of all, CK is terrible. Secondly, if you're wearing suits on a regular basis, you should definitely have more than one. Suit Supply or Spier and Mackay are great starting points.

Actually, Spier and Mackay has a two suit deal right now for $750. Discount applied in cart. Ends Monday, October 23, 2017.
Thanks
Toronto Store is quite close, will visit this week

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 8, 2005
5727 posts
1420 upvotes
Yeah don't buy junk suits if you want them to last.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10815 posts
5803 upvotes
Markham
mebiuspower wrote: Yeah don't buy junk suits if you want them to last.
Good advice, not only for suit, problem is I thought CK is above average and expected it lasts 3-5 years.

For example, this is GQ said

"A new study by the Luxury Institute has found that men with lots of discretionary income really, really like Calvin Klein and the wares created by its menswear designer Italo Zuchelli. Of 42 high-end purveyors of men's clothes—including Brunello Cucinelli, Alexander McQueen, and Valentino—Calvin Klein is at the top of the list for brands that rich dudes have purchased something from in the past year."

I guess my next question is how about Ralph Lauren?
Jr. Member
Jan 28, 2009
197 posts
76 upvotes
Can you take your jacket off at your desk? This would prevent elbow wear while typing.
Member
Nov 23, 2008
354 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
smartie wrote: Good advice, not only for suit, problem is I thought CK is above average and expected it lasts 3-5 years.

For example, this is GQ said

"A new study by the Luxury Institute has found that men with lots of discretionary income really, really like Calvin Klein and the wares created by its menswear designer Italo Zuchelli. Of 42 high-end purveyors of men's clothes—including Brunello Cucinelli, Alexander McQueen, and Valentino—Calvin Klein is at the top of the list for brands that rich dudes have purchased something from in the past year."

I guess my next question is how about Ralph Lauren?
No one is going to care what brand your suit is if it fits you poorly. Did you try visiting Spier & Mackay yet? Really try going to any store that specializes in suits, and have salespeople that can guide you.
Sr. Member
Mar 9, 2014
993 posts
620 upvotes
Ottawa
thericyip wrote: Actually, Spier and Mackay has a two suit deal right now for $750. Discount applied in cart. Ends Monday, October 23, 2017.
Is the 750 just the bundle price bringing their $448 suits to $375 or is the sale different?

I’ve been looking to pick up a few suits but was going to tough it out to Black Friday for a bit of extra savings.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1888 posts
547 upvotes
North York
I think it refers to the bundle price since the email I received did not mention a promo code. I would probably wait... unless you have holes in your suit. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
13733 posts
2436 upvotes
City of Vancouver
smartie wrote: Good advice, not only for suit, problem is I thought CK is above average and expected it lasts 3-5 years.

For example, this is GQ said

"A new study by the Luxury Institute has found that men with lots of discretionary income really, really like Calvin Klein and the wares created by its menswear designer Italo Zuchelli. Of 42 high-end purveyors of men's clothes—including Brunello Cucinelli, Alexander McQueen, and Valentino—Calvin Klein is at the top of the list for brands that rich dudes have purchased something from in the past year."

I guess my next question is how about Ralph Lauren?
You bought a CK suit, not a Calvin Klein by Italo Zuchelli suit, though, right?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 8, 2007
5177 posts
1402 upvotes
Becks wrote: You bought a CK suit, not a Calvin Klein by Italo Zuchelli suit, though, right?
Hahahahhahahaha. +1 point.

OP: Lesson learned. Onwards and upwards.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
13733 posts
2436 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Elbow patches belong on sports jackets and are a classic look. Suit jackets shouldn't have elbow patches. That's as ridiculous as wearing a tux with elbow patches. If u want ur nice clothes to last, u have to take extra care of them. It is naturally "high maintenance" and a pain in the butt to wear nice clothes if u don't have a budget to replace them. So, consider having a set of "beater" clothes and a set of "high maintenance" clothes.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 8, 2007
5177 posts
1402 upvotes
hdom wrote: elbow patches and they are coming back in style right ??
lol no.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 26, 2010
850 posts
127 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bobbyz101 wrote: Is the 750 just the bundle price bringing their $448 suits to $375 or is the sale different?

I’ve been looking to pick up a few suits but was going to tough it out to Black Friday for a bit of extra savings.
I went to the sauga location. So they had 2 suits for $750 or 2 suits + 4 shirts + 4 ties for $1000.
Alterations kind of kills the deals, cost $75 per suit but i needed something for work and don't know any tailors
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 8, 2005
5727 posts
1420 upvotes
^There's no free lunch. You only get free lifetime alteration from buying suits at HR which is easily $1k+.

Top