Price:
$34.99
Savings:
40%
Expiry:
July 31, 2020
Retailer:
Menards
I was looking for a video doorbell that wouldn't break the bank and came across the Energizer Smart Doorbell at Visions for $99. I did a quick search for other retailers and since I'm going to the US soon, I thought I'd check out who was selling them down there. Most retailers are selling them for $80 or so USD, but I came across Menards who has them at regular price $60 (USD), on sale for $45 and a mail-in rebate of$10 (which I believe is a coupon that has to be used at a retail location down in the US). They charged a service charge and shipping of about $8, so if I end up using the rebate/coupon, it'll be significantly cheaper than buying the doorbell here. Mail-in rebate is good until Jul 31, 2020, but I'm sure the sale won't last until then...

Anyway, good for those who have a US address to ship to or are visiting the US.

As for reviews of this item, there aren't many out there. The ones on HomeDepot.Com are all from comped items, so who knows what people actually think of them...
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1099 posts
299 upvotes
Can we see video stream on nest hub or echo show?
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11307 posts
2746 upvotes
Kingston
Here is what the write-up indicates. Doesn't sound like you can record to the cloud, only to an SD card (likely in the device):

Features
  • Voice Access - Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
  • Security - View visitors in clear 720p HD video with wide 160° field of view
  • Live Viewing - View doorbell camera from anywhere on your phone, includes night vision
  • Instant Motion Alerts - Get instant messages when movement is detected in front of camera
  • Recording - Supports microSD card up to 128GB (not included) for recording video & audio
  • WiFi - Use your existing WiFi, no hub required
EDIT: Just viewed the install video and there is no indication of saving video to anything other than the on-unit SD card
Oct 14, 2007
382 posts
361 upvotes
Thedford
It looks like these are available in store too. Web site says 4 in stock at Port Huron Michigan. As for $10 rebate I don't know if it is through Menards or Energizer. If it is through Menards it will be in the form of a merchandise credit which you can redeem at the checkout. Menards mails rebates to Canada. If rebate is through someone else, you will probably need a US mailing address.