Health & Wellness

Locked: Is a mental health crisis coming ?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 1:04 am
[OP]
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1186 upvotes

Is a mental health crisis coming ?

I have couple friends that work at emergency rooms surrounding the GTA. They both said that people with mental health issues have been rising last few months . People that regularly see a mental health professional or a Dr. have not been able to make their appointments . Having appointments over a tablet have not been a great solution . I see people wearing their masks while walking or biking alone . When the masks are gone will these people be able to let go of the masks ? Will there be a major crush on the system as people will not be able to let go of the masks ? The mental health system is already at a breaking point . Will the system collapse as things loosen up ?
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
3 replies
Aug 21, 2011
853 posts
230 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote: I see people wearing their masks while walking or biking alone . When the masks are gone will these people be able to let go of the masks ? Will there be a major crush on the system as people will not be able to let go of the masks ?
I fail to see what this has to do with masks? They have nothing to do with mental health, if anything a physically healthy person’s lack of a mask is a symptom of various mental issues such as being incredibly narcissistic.

But yes, there will be a major mental health crisis, not due to masks but due to a plethora of issues both directly and indirectly due to covid and the general state of society.
May 28, 2012
11854 posts
4442 upvotes
Saskatoon
^ good suggestion, Swerny

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)