Automotive

Mercedes-Benz questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 7:19 am
Nov 26, 2014
304 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sungfra wrote: Have anybody tried the Mercedes ME adapter in Canada? I know it states that it mainly works in Europe but I am not sure if any of the features will work here. Thanks
Wont work here.
Jul 12, 2007
108 posts
10 upvotes
Anyone purchase a MY2019 C43 estate/wagon? If so, can you please share the deal? By chance, if in Alberta, which dealership do you go too? Either lease, finance or cash purchase. Thanks
Penalty Box
Mar 27, 2004
10493 posts
9009 upvotes
Toronto
2019 gle450 is a great looking car. mb have done a great job w the refresh.
Full-time Realtor
Feb 16, 2016
937 posts
494 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
The new GLE looks amazing! I wish they still made a diesel option... my 2013 ML350 diesel is still going strong at 170 000 km!
Dec 25, 2018
1 posts
Hello,

My partner and I just bought a new 2019 Mercedes C300 Wagon and want to know if we got a good deal out of it. Location - BC

Car includes - Night Package, Permium Plus, Metallic Paint, Heated Steering Wheel, + other throw ins that came with the car which we didn’t really care much for but it was prebuilt like the satellite radio etc.

Got $3000 dealer discount + The 3 month Waiver (Factory). We realized that the margin % would be low if we asked for more cash discount as the car is only 3 months old and we had shopped around at other Mercedes Dealers so we decided to get more in the accessories pile so we got the following + a couple hundred off the extended warranty:

Accessories Included:

[*] 2 Bike Racks
[*] Roof Rack
[*] Cargo Tray
[*] All season Winter Mats

Any feedback would be great as we have put the $750 deposit down and we are having a bit of a buyers remorse on if we should have waited a bit longer for a better deal or we should be happy campers with the deal we got!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Aug 31, 2008
107 posts
57 upvotes
Montreal
Ninar53 wrote: Hello,

My partner and I just bought a new 2019 Mercedes C300 Wagon and want to know if we got a good deal out of it. Location - BC

Car includes - Night Package, Permium Plus, Metallic Paint, Heated Steering Wheel, + other throw ins that came with the car which we didn’t really care much for but it was prebuilt like the satellite radio etc.

Got $3000 dealer discount + The 3 month Waiver (Factory). We realized that the margin % would be low if we asked for more cash discount as the car is only 3 months old and we had shopped around at other Mercedes Dealers so we decided to get more in the accessories pile so we got the following + a couple hundred off the extended warranty:

Accessories Included:

[*] 2 Bike Racks
[*] Roof Rack
[*] Cargo Tray
[*] All season Winter Mats

Any feedback would be great as we have put the $750 deposit down and we are having a bit of a buyers remorse on if we should have waited a bit longer for a better deal or we should be happy campers with the deal we got!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Booble told 2019 C43 would be 4% off easy, 5% with a little work, and 6% would be great.

So for a C300 it has to be at least this...sales are dropping and interest rate are raising. I expect dealers to be open to move cars...
Aug 31, 2008
107 posts
57 upvotes
Montreal
Actually will go pay a visit to Volvo (V60) and Mercedes (C43) tomorrow for test drives and chats.

Will see their mood...
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
I don’t see why not. Dealers need to clear them any which ways they can, but you will not see more factory credit than now. You can work on the dealer side discount though.
Aug 31, 2008
107 posts
57 upvotes
Montreal
C43 wagon

3% off
3 months waiver
750$ CPA Canada

If delivered Monday 31st...looks weak.
Sep 21, 2018
19 posts
5 upvotes
ottawa
Hi Booblehead. Thanks for your help!
Moving from the BMW thread to Mercedes.

I'm in Ottawa.
Looking at the 45 month lease for the B class 4Matic.
See the following offers:
-Receive 3 monthly payments on us
-$2000 cash credit (2019) /$3650 (2018)
-1.9% APR
-$750 CPA Canada

Any insights on what kind of deal I should be aiming for are much appreciated.
Is there a big difference between MY 2018 and MY 2019 B-Class?

I was unsuccessful with my negotiations with BMW, maybe there is a better strategy for entering into negotiations?

Thanks so much.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
No difference 18 vs 19. If dealer still have the 18 in stock, then you can find out the payment first and compare to 19. Last I heard, the 18 is offering around $4,000 in factory credit + 3 waived payments and you can aim for around 6-7% dealer side discount.

B250 is units final yr in Canada as the A class is to takeover the B class spot. I would think dealer will likely offer in the 4-5% (dealer side) discount + the Factory credit.

Test drive it and see if you like the b250 4matic and go from there.

https://www.mercedes-benz-performance.c ... le-offers/

Here is mb St. Catharines is offering for the 19 b250... too bad you are in Ottawa.
Sep 21, 2018
19 posts
5 upvotes
ottawa
booblehead wrote: https://www.mercedes-benz-performance.c ... le-offers/

Here is mb St. Catharines is offering for the 19 b250... too bad you are in Ottawa.
Thanks booblehead. Yeah I agree, Ottawa sucks for deals lol.
So if I understand the St. Catharines ad correctly …
They are offering a 4k rebate for the 2019 b250 (vs 2k listed on unhaggle) on top of the 3 monthly payments? And that extra 2k rebate translates to approximately a 5% dealer side discount?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
Yup. You can try and push another 1-2% and see if dealer wants to play ball.

As a min, you should get that advertised price for sure.
Maybe email or call to get a general consensus from mb St. Catharines

As for fees, you should be looking at no more than $3200 in grand total.
Sep 21, 2018
19 posts
5 upvotes
ottawa
booblehead wrote: Yup. You can try and push another 1-2% and see if dealer wants to play ball.

As a min, you should get that advertised price for sure.
Maybe email or call to get a general consensus from mb St. Catharines

As for fees, you should be looking at no more than $3200 in grand total.
I finally got a response.

Fees as follows:
FCLP Classic (MB/smart exc. SLS/SLR/Maybach) $1,615.00
V.I.P. Mercedes All Season Mats Package $299.00
Freight & PDI $2,495.00
Administration Fee New $399.00
Air Conditioning Tax $100.00
WRC Security Etch $249.00
Tire Tax: $16.50
OMVIC Fee: $10
Fuel: $85
License Fee: $32

I will ask him to drop the lease protection, but I believe the other fees exceed the $3200 you quoted above, correct?

Thanks again for your continued help.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
remove the security etch $249
remove the season mats $299
- both are optional and bogus items that under OMVIC, you can choose to opt out. If dealer wants to charge you, then same story ... include into the deal at no charge or remove both. You can even threaten dealer that you can report these charges to OMVIC. In majority of the case, dealer will comply and remove.

https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/NewsPubl ... fault.aspx

try to get the full tank fuel included. Once that's done. you are left with $2495+399+100+16.5+10+32. Actually, PPSA of approx. $50-$60 would apply as well. It is likely dealer will collect this on delivery.

As for lease protection, if you drive so little, I suggest you to opt out.
Sep 21, 2018
19 posts
5 upvotes
ottawa
booblehead wrote: remove the security etch $249
remove the season mats $299
- both are optional and bogus items that under OMVIC, you can choose to opt out. If dealer wants to charge you, then same story ... include into the deal at no charge or remove both. You can even threaten dealer that you can report these charges to OMVIC. In majority of the case, dealer will comply and remove.

try to get the full tank fuel included. Once that's done. you are left with $2495+399+100+16.5+10+32. Actually, PPSA of approx. $50-$60 would apply as well. It is likely dealer will collect this on delivery.

As for lease protection, if you drive so little, I suggest you to opt out.
I have responded and as you suggested requested to remove fees for lease protection, etching, and mats and add my CPA discount.
Will update once I hear back.
Thanks again!!
Aug 31, 2008
107 posts
57 upvotes
Montreal
I thought I would hate the purchase process of a car...but having this kind of ressource (booble, big role...) is very comforting.

Blondie looks like having fun doing that to!

Now where is the Volvo one ? I think I'm gonna go toward the V60 R-Design...

Thanks again Booble