Automotive

Mercedes Benz referral

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2020 1:01 am
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 11, 2005
41 posts
Toronto

Mercedes Benz referral

Hello all,

A family member is looking to lease a 2021 GLA 250 and would like to ask if any fellow members can refer a good sales rep for us to contact and speak to?

We know exactly what options we want and we also got a report from CarCostCanada so all there is left is to agree to a price with the sales rep.

Thank you in advance! 🙏🏻
15 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
29428 posts
15214 upvotes
Toronto
Mb dealers do not care carcostcanada and unhaggle numbers.

You can deal with any SA. It’s the sales manager that signs off in your offer, SA simply presents it

If in gta, don’t ever bother with mb Mississauga. Sales manager is a moron.
Jr. Member
Sep 28, 2012
194 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga
I purchased GLE400 from Thornhill MB 2 years ago and everything was good including price and delivery. Good luck for shopping!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42629 posts
6859 upvotes
booblehead wrote: Mb dealers do not care carcostcanada and unhaggle numbers.

You can deal with any SA. It’s the sales manager that signs off in your offer, SA simply presents it

If in gta, don’t ever bother with mb Mississauga. Sales manager is a moron.
Eek! Didn't know that. Any reason why they don't care about the Unhaggle report? How about for a used car? What are some good tactics?
Blanka
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 24, 2006
3713 posts
419 upvotes
booblehead wrote: Mb dealers do not care carcostcanada and unhaggle numbers.

You can deal with any SA. It’s the sales manager that signs off in your offer, SA simply presents it

If in gta, don’t ever bother with mb Mississauga. Sales manager is a moron.
Damn, you must've had a very salty experience there
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1097 posts
1096 upvotes
Toronto
wait til you get sold the same story about "high demand" and "low supply" that every car dealer in every brand is playing right now. For something brand new and popular like new GLA, def expect this lol. i mean part of it was true when 1st lockdown was lifted, but things are slowly catching up now and deals should come for those flexible on their timing (i.e. can wait). good luck
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
29428 posts
15214 upvotes
Toronto
White Comet wrote: Damn, you must've had a very salty experience there
Long story short. Liar, liar, pants on fire Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes I don't like being played.

Warning given in the MB Q&A thread. Stay 10,000km away from this hell hole, MB Mississauga
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5234 posts
4278 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Eek! Didn't know that. Any reason why they don't care about the Unhaggle report? How about for a used car? What are some good tactics?
They don't care because they're going to get the margin they want and not negotiate beyond that. Invoice price is meaningless to them

As for used cars, if you want a deal, a dealer is not place to go
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1735 posts
2036 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Eek! Didn't know that. Any reason why they don't care about the Unhaggle report? How about for a used car? What are some good tactics?
Heard that aside from one or two locations, MB dealerships are corporate. Sales people are better paid and more focused on maintaining corporate goals/margin than driving their own commission. Don't know if this is true as I heard it from the sales guy that I deal with another brand.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42629 posts
6859 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: They don't care because they're going to get the margin they want and not negotiate beyond that. Invoice price is meaningless to them

As for used cars, if you want a deal, a dealer is not place to go
Got it. May I ask where is the best place to go and buy used cars then?
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
6884 posts
5801 upvotes
Burlington
I went with Barrie for my latest A250.

The place is not close to me at all, but I was able to go negotiate through email and texts. I only went there twice, once for the test drive and signed paper on the same day, and only come back the week after to pick up the car. I liked my deal because other than the price posted, there was no BS fees on my car.
MB brampton on the other hand would not even talk to me if i didn't come in. They sent an email asking if i still wanted to come in a week after i picked up my car in Barrie.
MB niagara have a $300 VIN etching fee that they would not take off.

I would suggest to get quotes from different dealers, and possibly let them battle.
But in general, you are getting manufacturer's discount, dealership discount - these are normally posted somewhere on their websites. On top of that, I'd say a discount in the range of 5-6% is decent for a new car. The major beats will be the additional fees, some are BS.
Jr. Member
Aug 28, 2007
196 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: Eek! Didn't know that. Any reason why they don't care about the Unhaggle report? How about for a used car? What are some good tactics?
Best tactic imo is to waste their time.

haggle for hours on what to include in the deal for how much. go for a test drive, and tell them how you love the car etc. make them really think you want the car. then give a low ball price, state that you don't want to go higher because of insurance and such. Then wait for them to come back with a price, then say "I'll think about it." and walk out.

let them call you.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
29428 posts
15214 upvotes
Toronto
^ the opposite ... but this also waste your own time. One would be fairly hesitant to go to dealer and sit and talk for hours in this day of age. I negotiate on email and going in to just sign paper and give deposit and leave within 1 hr, if possible.
Last edited by booblehead on Nov 3rd, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1097 posts
1096 upvotes
Toronto
flip side of "wasting their time" is that it's not hard for any salespeople to tell... the price you get won't be the greatest for sure

really the best way to go is to have a target in mind, go in and be ready to commit (i.e. the "credit card on the table" theatrics), if they say no then walk
Jr. Member
Aug 28, 2007
196 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: ^ the opposite ... but this also waste your own time. One would be fairly hesitant to go to dealer and sit and talk for hours in this day of age. I negotiate on email and going in to just sign paper and give deposit and leave within 1 hr, if possible.
I disagree. I think most dealers would be hesitant to give you any deal in writing (in email) that you can take to use to get a deal from a competing dealer.

The whole thing is that wasting your time is a tactic that's often employed by dealers. but it's a double edged sword. Cause they literally are at work and aren't making any money when they're talking to you. So if you go in on the weekend when it's your day off. you have the advantage. Just play the same game as them.
Jr. Member
Aug 28, 2007
196 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Goose12345 wrote: flip side of "wasting their time" is that it's not hard for any salespeople to tell... the price you get won't be the greatest for sure

really the best way to go is to have a target in mind, go in and be ready to commit (i.e. the "credit card on the table" theatrics), if they say no then walk
Yes, you should still have a target. and then low ball by 1% of MSRP of your target. see what they return with. wasting their time is more valuable than your own (if you go on your day off).

Top