Price:
$34,000
Savings:
$14K+ off
Retailer:
Mercedes Downtown Calgary
If you are in Calgary:

https://www.mercedes-benz-downtowncalga ... length=100

97 to choose from as of posting. All have 90km or less on odo even when they are sold as CPO. My guess is these are left over from Car2Go pulling out.

Confirmed these are left over from Car2Go.
https://www.mbdecoder.com/decode/WDCTG4GB0LJ662399
Thread Summary
Group Buy Shipping Post - Calgary to Toronto: car-shipping-group-buy-calgary-toronto-2370888/

Finance rate is 3.99% up to 84 months
Shipping is estimated to be $1500 per car
Price is $33,900 plus GST to the dealership. PST must be paid when registering the car in Ontario
Warranty is 3 years of standard bumper to bumper plus two years of Star Certified Warranty (to a max of 120K km). Star Certified Warranty can be upgraded to the Mercedes-Benz Extended Limited Warranty at an extra cost (seven years 160K km)
Dealership is offering 36 month, 3 service pre-paid maintenance package for $999 (standard price)
Note that there is no budging on the price (car or pre-paid maintenance package). Only way to save seems to be on the shipping (they are fine for us to look to do our own; not necessarily through the dealership)
Dealership wants $2500 deposit at a minimum

For Shipping; lowest quoted price so far is ~$950 up to $2000

GTA Group Buy
1. banban (purchase confirmed)
2. banban #2 (second purchase confirmed)
3. dotsandpixels
6.jeffdude87
905 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6618 posts
6123 upvotes
Calgary
Nice deal. Too bad they didn’t last until the GLA 2021’s arrived. Big improvement in them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6370 posts
4986 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Nice deal. Too bad they didn’t last until the GLA 2021’s arrived. Big improvement in them.
They held on to them for that long for a reason. GLB just landed. There is no way you can sell GLA at the same price once you have GLB on the floor.

The next GLA should move up in price due to it's now repositioned as a "coupe".
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3239 posts
918 upvotes
Mars
all the new ones has odometer 90KM? wonder if we can get PM to dealers here Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9836 posts
9475 upvotes
Markham
All the automakers are hurting badly.

BMW Q1 is like -60%
Benz is -30%
Audi is -30%

The numbers are probably even worse for Q2

At this point if they dont offer substantial discounts, they can just forget about selling any cars. Call up your dealer and offer pennies on the dollar.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6618 posts
6123 upvotes
Calgary
forgetpwd wrote: all the new ones has odometer 90KM? wonder if we can get PM to dealers here Face With Tears Of Joy
Buy it in Calgary and ship it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6370 posts
4986 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote: all the new ones has odometer 90KM? wonder if we can get PM to dealers here Face With Tears Of Joy
My guess? They all landed Aug/Sep 2019 and registered for Car2Go duty but was never put into service. Hence 3 year warranty left + 2 years additional with CPO.

So they are not new cars on paper even if odo is under 100km.
May 29, 2017
653 posts
341 upvotes
Canada
From what angle is this a SUV?

Looks like a VW Golf to me....or a hatchback....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5100 posts
1276 upvotes
100% fake news. According to people who work at dealerships there will be no deep discounts or sales whatsoever. None. Won’t happen. Car manufacturers and dealerships would rather just stop production altogether. OP, do the right thing here and be sure to pay full pop for that car.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6370 posts
4986 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: All the automakers are hurting badly.

BMW Q1 is like -60%
Benz is -30%
Audi is -30%

The numbers are probably even worse for Q2

At this point if they dont offer substantial discounts, they can just forget about selling any cars. Call up your dealer and offer pennies on the dollar.
Other than BMW, it matches shut down of March.

Q2 will be worse with Apr and potential May shut down.

But factories also all stopped and parts are not flowing from China since Feb. So there is no production anyway any huge inventory pended. As long as investor are ok with limited losses and keep the margin up, I don't see any car manufacturers need huge panic sales yet.

2020 was going to be a bad year for auto industry anyway and they already did a lot to counter it.

As for luxury brands, they don't dump products like Japanese and Domestic brand because they need to keep up with the residuals. Any fire sales will hurt business going forward as a lot of customer leases. So they will rather reduce production than fire sales. And so far they are doing just that and laying off people along the way.
Last edited by Xtrema on Apr 23rd, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 29, 2017
653 posts
341 upvotes
Canada
Wish I had 30K sitting around, I'd buy it just for the heck of it lol, looks fun to drive with its small size and 208HP/250Torque
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5134 posts
4007 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
TodayHello wrote: OP, do the right thing here and be sure to pay full pop for that car.
Yeah right.
Sep 27, 2008
838 posts
650 upvotes
Samshares wrote: From what angle is this a SUV?

It's taller than a golf. The A-Class is a golf size. GLA is slightly raised.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6618 posts
6123 upvotes
Calgary
Samshares wrote: Wish I had 30K sitting around, I'd buy it just for the heck of it lol, looks fun to drive with its small size and 208HP/250Torque
I had one, it was pretty cool but I’m 6 foot 4 and my head clearance wasn’t great. Had to sell it. Any Merc dealer within 750 km’s is probably pretty choked by this sale.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6370 posts
4986 upvotes
Samshares wrote: From what angle is this a SUV?

You are correct. This is the same class of SUV as Tiguan which is a jacked up Golf. Competitors are Q3 (completely new) and X1 (rebadged Mini)

What make this hot is a 5 year warranty on a Mercedes for a price that's about the same as top range Civic.
Last edited by Xtrema on Apr 24th, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2767 posts
1294 upvotes
Calgary
TodayHello wrote: 100% fake news. According to people who work at dealerships there will be no deep discounts or sales whatsoever. None. Won’t happen. Car manufacturers and dealerships would rather just stop production altogether. OP, do the right thing here and be sure to pay full pop for that car.
Did you not see what he posted in the first post? This dealer ordered these for Car2Go apparently. Car2Go left Calgary this summer. Even if Covid didn't strike they would have to do this sale. They have close to 100 of these, the other big MB dealer in Calgary has 7 of these in stock for comparison.
Sep 27, 2008
838 posts
650 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: You are correct. This is the same class of SUV as Tiguan which is a jacked up Golf. Competitors are Q3 (completely new) and X1 (rebadged Mini)

What make this hot is a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty on a Mercedes for a price that's about the same as top range Civic.
This competes more with the X2 and the Tiguan is bigger than this car. But for sure this is a hot price for this car.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6890 posts
2865 upvotes
GTA
This is actually pretty dang awesome deal, almost smoking hot....consider dealer cost is still hovering +/- $40k. There's likely no chance to get it under $39-40k on normal days.

The downvotes must be coming from those people that thinks any cars more than $20k are expensive because "It gets me from A to B only."
Last edited by cy on Apr 23rd, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6370 posts
4986 upvotes
rainor94 wrote: This competes more with the X2 and the Tiguan is bigger than this car. But for sure this is a hot price for this car.
I guess the new Tiguan is bigger and that's why MB released GLB this year. I still have the old Tiguan and Q3 in mind.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6370 posts
4986 upvotes
cy wrote: This is actually pretty dang awesome deal....consider dealer cost is still hovering +/- $40k.

The downvotes must be coming from those people that thinks any cars that are more than $20k is expensive because "It gets me from A to B only."
Just GTA people are jelly because I don't recall similar deal when TO banned Car2Go. :D

They just took all the cars and shipped out west.