Automotive

[Merged] Another positive review for Brian Tan @ Mississauga Hyundai

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2015 10:44 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2003
6336 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto

[Merged] Another positive review for Brian Tan @ Mississauga Hyundai

Sorry for the long post below, but wanted to explain my great experience with Brian and I just naturally tend to babble a lot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been meaning to do this for a while, but wanted to wait until I just picked up my new car (Black 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 Auto Premium Package).

I've wanted to get a gen coupe for a long time now, and when it came time to seriously start looking at prices, etc. I started to look for a well recommended sales rep that I wouldn't have to fight with to get a decent deal. Way back in November 2011, I heard good things about Brian from various posters on other threads in RFD.

I called him up, we chatted and he told me to come in for a test drive.

Before going for the test drive in November 2011, I told him that I wasn't looking to purchase until about June 2012. I wanted to set expectations so that I wouldn't have to face any salesman wrath like I've experienced at other dealerships where they try to do any and everything to make you buy it on the day of.

I went with my fiance and we test drove a 2012 version of the gen coupe. After the test drive, he spent quite a bit of time answering all of my questions (i tend to ask a lot of things :$...) and we just chatted about things in general. Not once during the entire time did he try to force me into buying anything, or tried to change my mind. It was a much appreciated change from my experiences with other salesmen.

So from November 2011 to about April 2012, I'd randomly call up Brian and asked him about the new 2013 model and he kept me informed of when his dealership would be getting them in, and just kept answering any questions I had.

Near March/April I changed my mind and decided an Elantra would be more practical. Brian told me to come in whenever and he'd workout a great deal for me and helped me crunch some #'s over the phone.

In mid may, i yet again changed my mind and wanted to go back to the gen coupe. Brian told me he could help me get into a 2012, but at this point the stock was very low for the 2013, and that his dealership wouldn't be getting in for a while, possibly up to 3 months.

After calling around a bit, I found another dealership who said they could get me one by the date I needed. I felt a little guilty though as I'm a pretty loyal guy and having dealt with Brian since November of last year, I almost felt obliged to go through him when I bought my car since I said I would. I called him and told him the situation, and he told me to straight up go to the other dealership, because he unfortunately wasn't able to get any stock for the car/trim I was looking for. He knew my circumstances and told me the best decision would be to go through another salesman and get the car in time for my wedding.

He didn't try to convince me to get a 2012 instead for him to make a sale, or try to get me to wait and get the 2013 through him after stock levels would increase.

I ended up going through the other dealership and picked up my new car this past weekend.

But I just wanted to share my experience dealing with Brian @ Hyundai Mississauga and recommend him to any of you looking to purchase a Hyundai. It was a very hassle-free experience, and you could tell he wanted what was best for his clients, even if it meant losing a sale.

If i decide to pick up another hyundai in the future, I will definitely be going back to him. Throwing some pics in of the new car below, not because its relevant, but because it still makes me all giddy inside :razz:

[IMG]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8594/58465333.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8797/73175867.jpg[/IMG]
137 replies
Banned
Feb 20, 2007
3042 posts
1316 upvotes
Nice car, got a question for u, are the inside door handles on that thing made of plastic?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15094 posts
2697 upvotes
SwiZz wrote: Sorry for the long post below, but wanted to explain my great experience with Brian and I just naturally tend to babble a lot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been meaning to do this for a while, but wanted to wait until I just picked up my new car (Black 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 Auto Premium Package).

I've wanted to get a gen coupe for a long time now, and when it came time to seriously start looking at prices, etc. I started to look for a well recommended sales rep that I wouldn't have to fight with to get a decent deal. Way back in November 2011, I heard good things about Brian from various posters on other threads in RFD.

I called him up, we chatted and he told me to come in for a test drive.

Before going for the test drive in November 2011, I told him that I wasn't looking to purchase until about June 2012. I wanted to set expectations so that I wouldn't have to face any salesman wrath like I've experienced at other dealerships where they try to do any and everything to make you buy it on the day of.

I went with my fiance and we test drove a 2012 version of the gen coupe. After the test drive, he spent quite a bit of time answering all of my questions (i tend to ask a lot of things :$...) and we just chatted about things in general. Not once during the entire time did he try to force me into buying anything, or tried to change my mind. It was a much appreciated change from my experiences with other salesmen.

So from November 2011 to about April 2012, I'd randomly call up Brian and asked him about the new 2013 model and he kept me informed of when his dealership would be getting them in, and just kept answering any questions I had.

Near March/April I changed my mind and decided an Elantra would be more practical. Brian told me to come in whenever and he'd workout a great deal for me and helped me crunch some #'s over the phone.

In mid may, i yet again changed my mind and wanted to go back to the gen coupe. Brian told me he could help me get into a 2012, but at this point the stock was very low for the 2013, and that his dealership wouldn't be getting in for a while, possibly up to 3 months.

After calling around a bit, I found another dealership who said they could get me one by the date I needed. I felt a little guilty though as I'm a pretty loyal guy and having dealt with Brian since November of last year, I almost felt obliged to go through him when I bought my car since I said I would. I called him and told him the situation, and he told me to straight up go to the other dealership, because he unfortunately wasn't able to get any stock for the car/trim I was looking for. He knew my circumstances and told me the best decision would be to go through another salesman and get the car in time for my wedding.

He didn't try to convince me to get a 2012 instead for him to make a sale, or try to get me to wait and get the 2013 through him after stock levels would increase.

I ended up going through the other dealership and picked up my new car this past weekend.

But I just wanted to share my experience dealing with Brian @ Hyundai Mississauga and recommend him to any of you looking to purchase a Hyundai. It was a very hassle-free experience, and you could tell he wanted what was best for his clients, even if it meant losing a sale.

If i decide to pick up another hyundai in the future, I will definitely be going back to him. Throwing some pics in of the new car below, not because its relevant, but because it still makes me all giddy inside :razz:
thanks for the info. May give Brian a call.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1124 posts
209 upvotes
YYZ
man I do feel bad for Brian .... I just hope that ppl on RFD and OP's word of mouth would bring more sale to Brian ..... maybe we should do a group buy through him! lol :D

but in all honesty we should have a list of reputable salesmen from different dealership brands (Hyundai, Chevrolet, Dodge, etc....) and make it a sticky or something so next time someone wants to buy x car they would check out the list first and see if that brand they want has a good salesman to go with ....
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1350 upvotes
SwiZz wrote: Sorry for the long post below, but wanted to explain my great experience with Brian and I just naturally tend to babble a lot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After calling around a bit, I found another dealership who said they could get me one by the date I needed. I felt a little guilty though as I'm a pretty loyal guy and having dealt with Brian since November of last year, I almost felt obliged to go through him when I bought my car since I said I would. I called him and told him the situation, and he told me to straight up go to the other dealership, because he unfortunately wasn't able to get any stock for the car/trim I was looking for. He knew my circumstances and told me the best decision would be to go through another salesman and get the car in time for my wedding.

He didn't try to convince me to get a 2012 instead for him to make a sale, or try to get me to wait and get the 2013 through him after stock levels would increase.

I ended up going through the other dealership and picked up my new car this past weekend.

But I just wanted to share my experience dealing with Brian @ Hyundai Mississauga and recommend him to any of you looking to purchase a Hyundai. It was a very hassle-free experience, and you could tell he wanted what was best for his clients, even if it meant losing a sale.

If i decide to pick up another hyundai in the future, I will definitely be going back to him. Throwing some pics in of the new car below, not because its relevant, but because it still makes me all giddy inside :razz:
True, but " hassle free " doesn't count for much IF you're not necessarily getting a great / ' the best ' deal IMO. ;)
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1350 upvotes
***** wrote: ******************
Actually, it takes about 5 minutes, make a firm offer, if they don't accept it...walk. ;)
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2003
6336 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
poedua wrote: True, but " hassle free " doesn't count for much IF you're not necessarily getting a great / ' the best ' deal IMO. ;)

Agree, but again from the margin he told me he could sell for, it was in fact a great deal. I'm not the first to say this on the forums. I'm sure other people can vouch for getting a great deal through him in the past. The hassle-free part is just a bonus since you don't have to work for the deal :P
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
bas00m wrote: man I do feel bad for Brian .... I just hope that ppl on RFD and OP's word of mouth would bring more sale to Brian ..... maybe we should do a group buy through him! lol :D

but in all honesty we should have a list of reputable salesmen from different dealership brands (Hyundai, Chevrolet, Dodge, etc....) and make it a sticky or something so next time someone wants to buy x car they would check out the list first and see if that brand they want has a good salesman to go with ....
"Another positive review for Brian Tan @ Mississauga Hyundai"
Another? As in there are many other Brian Tan testemonials? No disrespect to Brian intended.

Why would you feel bad for Brian? Because he could not make the sale? Such is the life of a car salesman (or any other person in the sales business). Should we feel bad for every one of them that loses a sale?
Should we feel bad for ?XXX? because they did not sell those shoes? Or house? or Shirt? You can take this touchy feely stuff a bit too far.
As for listing "reputable salesmen", that is a very ambiguous request. Any salesman is "reputable" if you get a good deal. As soon as he cannot give you what you want, he "sucks". :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2003
6336 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
poedua wrote: True, but " hassle free " doesn't count for much IF you're not necessarily getting a great / ' the best ' deal IMO. ;)
Pete_Coach wrote: "Another positive review for Brian Tan @ Mississauga Hyundai"
Another? As in there are many other Brian Tan testemonials? No disrespect to Brian intended.

Why would you feel bad for Brian? Because he could not make the sale? Such is the life of a car salesman (or any other person in the sales business). Should we feel bad for every one of them that loses a sale?
Should we feel bad for ?XXX? because they did not sell those shoes? Or house? or Shirt? You can take this touchy feely stuff a bit too far.
As for listing "reputable salesmen", that is a very ambiguous request. Any salesman is "reputable" if you get a good deal. As soon as he cannot give you what you want, he "sucks". :)

Lol....."another" because yes I've ready many other posts in the past about good experiences. And yes, the feeling bad part isn't really typical. It's more so my own weird way of thinking.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1350 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: "Another positive review for Brian Tan @ Mississauga Hyundai"
Another? As in there are many other Brian Tan testemonials? No disrespect to Brian intended.

Why would you feel bad for Brian? Because he could not make the sale? Such is the life of a car salesman (or any other person in the sales business). Should we feel bad for every one of them that loses a sale?
Should we feel bad for ?XXX? because they did not sell those shoes? Or house? or Shirt? You can take this touchy feely stuff a bit too far.
As for listing "reputable salesmen", that is a very ambiguous request.

Any salesman is "reputable" if you get a good deal. As soon as he cannot give you what you want, he "sucks". :)

+1

That's it in a nutshell at the the end of the day.

No need for a ' warm & fuzzy, kumbaya ' relationship with a sales rep you're likely never going to see again...who cares. :twisted:

Whoever gives me the best deal, will land the business.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 12, 2008
3375 posts
954 upvotes
Ancaster
ssainani wrote: yes - because the sociopaths here do not understand 'value'

it's okay to spend 5 hours going back and forth on a table under pressure to save $300

i'd rather spend my time on a patio looking at milfs

Here here.......
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 12, 2008
3375 posts
954 upvotes
Ancaster
poedua wrote: +1

Whoever gives me the best deal, will land the business.
That's my motto.....been all over the GTA getting the most competitive price.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1314 upvotes
Sauga
Pete_Coach wrote: "Another positive review for Brian Tan @ Mississauga Hyundai"
Another? As in there are many other Brian Tan testemonials? No disrespect to Brian intended.
Yeah, there are lots in the Hyundai prices thread.
poedua wrote: No need for a ' warm & fuzzy, kumbaya ' relationship with a sales rep you're likely never going to see again...who cares. :twisted:

Whoever gives me the best deal, will land the business.
Agreeing to a price is not the end of the buying process. I got a good price when I bought my Odyssey, but I had poor service from the salesman and dealership during the 4 subsequent months until I finally got the vehicle. I would have gladly paid a little bit more for a less deceitful salesperson -- which is basically what I did for my Civic. It's not just the "best deal" that matters.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1124 posts
209 upvotes
YYZ
Pete_Coach wrote: "Another positive review for Brian Tan @ Mississauga Hyundai"
Another? As in there are many other Brian Tan testemonials? No disrespect to Brian intended.

Why would you feel bad for Brian? Because he could not make the sale? Such is the life of a car salesman (or any other person in the sales business). Should we feel bad for every one of them that loses a sale?
Should we feel bad for ?XXX? because they did not sell those shoes? Or house? or Shirt? You can take this touchy feely stuff a bit too far.
As for listing "reputable salesmen", that is a very ambiguous request. Any salesman is "reputable" if you get a good deal. As soon as he cannot give you what you want, he "sucks". :)

With Car Salesmen they dont make that much money in term of a salary ... their real money is from selling cars and getting their cut ...

BTW I do not know Brian nor do I work for Hyundai Mississauga plus I am not a Hyundai fanboy nor any korean car.... I'm a GM fanboy

but back to the point .. reputable to me is being a straight forward person ... if I say reputable + goes the extra mile then that means he gave me sticker price or gave me a very good deal on my trade-in and so on ... reputable doesn't mean good deal only ... it could also mean that he is not a sleazy type of a salesman

and about the listing thing ... I suggested that so we can have an RFD list of "reptuble" salesman, or any other profession anywhere from HVAC installers to travel agents ... that way you can go to those ppl first see what they can offer and compare them to others in the same field and see if they indeed gave you a better price than the market ...
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
bas00m wrote: With Car Salesmen they dont make that much money in term of a salary ... their real money is from selling cars and getting their cut ... BTW I do not know Brian nor do I work for Hyundai Mississauga plus I am not a Hyundai fanboy nor any korean car.... I'm a GM fanboy

but back to the point .. reputable to me is being a straight forward person ... if I say reputable + goes the extra mile then that means he gave me sticker price or gave me a very good deal on my trade-in and so on ... reputable doesn't mean good deal only ... it could also mean that he is not a sleazy type of a salesman

and about the listing thing ... I suggested that so we can have an RFD list of "reptuble" salesman, or any other profession anywhere from HVAC installers to travel agents ... that way you can go to those ppl first see what they can offer and compare them to others in the same field and see if they indeed gave you a better price than the market ...
Way off topic, sorry OP.
Interestingly, there are many of dealerships now that are paying salary instead of commision based wages. Change is in the wind.
Reputable to you is one thing, to me it may be something else. When it is a matter of opinion, then a list of "reputable" sales people is worthless.
If you put a guy/girl on the list and I have not such a warm and fuzzy experience, can I take him/her off? Or will it become a you say/I say about the sales person and a never ending post?
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1350 upvotes
Rehan wrote: Agreeing to a price is not the end of the buying process. I got a good price when I bought my Odyssey, but I had poor service from the salesman and dealership during the 4 subsequent months until I finally got the vehicle. I would have gladly paid a little bit more for a less deceitful salesperson -- which is basically what I did for my Civic. It's not just the "best deal" that matters.

It is if you're buying a car out of inventory IMO.......and if I'm satisfied I've done my due diligence, once you agree on a price......and it's paid for......you're done with that salesman as far as I'm concerned..

Under that scenario, I should have no further need for the salesman in my life once I'm satisfied with it, the car is paid for and I've taken delivery.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 30, 2011
29 posts
1 upvote
Just wanted to add that I had a very hassle free sale with Brian last week. There were no complications and he clearly outlined the fees with no silly administrative stuff. I highly recommend him if anyone is interested in buying any Hyundai vehicle. I visited 3 dealerships and this was, by far, my best experience.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2959 posts
139 upvotes
It's amazing how many salespeople fail at being straight forward.

Here is the cost. I want to make +X% margin. I'll take away the stupid admin fees. Here is your price.

Then again, consumers are equally ***** as well. They never feel satisfied.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2006
4248 posts
527 upvotes
wrote:Here is the cost. I want to make +X% margin. I'll take away the stupid admin fees. Here is your price.
I'll probably get flamed for this, but why would a store ever tell their cost to a potential customer? To earn trust? Perhaps, but it will definitely result in a lower profit.

With that said, it's 9% on MB.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
32082 posts
19305 upvotes
Toronto
I thought it's 9.9%. At least that was last year.

Although it really does not matter. Potential buyer will ask x% off and the dealer will say yes only to y%. In the case of AMG, 0-1% is the norm. If you are ever so lucky, the sales mgr will approve 3-4% off. I went thru the exercise last month on a 2013 ML63 AMG. I was proposed by the dealer for 1% off and that's so called 'courtesy' discount.

CatDog wrote: I'll probably get flamed for this, but why would a store ever tell their cost to a potential customer? To earn trust? Perhaps, but it will definitely result in a lower profit.

With that said, it's 9% on MB.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)