Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3306 posts
3848 upvotes
Oh absolutely they're really showing their hand now. I assume as more of these "community protests" go on they'll keep peeling back more stuff. I'm sure there's a list of other stuff they can take away.
Apr 12, 2011
745 posts
651 upvotes
Etobicoke
Crazyhorse75 wrote: Yes, but it immediately undoes everything they have been saying and furthers the toxic work environment.
Did you really believe they were being sincere in the first place? This is exactly what I'd expect from CP, even after all of the heartfelt letters to employees by 'CEO' Jessica. All a bunch of bologna.

To the anti-CUPW members in this thread, I know you all find it easy to point out all the wrong-doings by CUPW and Mike P, but I really hope you realize that Canada Post is even moreso to blame. They are spewing misinformation, lies, exaggerating, etc much more than CUPW is, IMO.

CP management should NEVER be trusted. And while CUPW bulletins use outdated lingo like 'brothers/sisters/solidarity/etc' you must understand that this is just regular Union-talk. Don't dismiss your union just because their website isn't up to 2019 standards and they use lingo that doesn't seem very business-like. The union has been here for a long time, they have 'fought hard battles' and they do know what they're doing, for the most part.

Like others have mentioned, if you don't like the stance that CUPW takes, either find a new non-union job or start getting involved.
Aug 22, 2010
241 posts
113 upvotes
Lost 18 hours in vacation and personal days from being on strike for 4 days. Doesn’t make any sense
Dec 5, 2013
291 posts
82 upvotes
See .............Canada Post start to suck us dry more and more. Some losers here complained about strike,wanted overtime, for 1000 thousand dollars bonus give up everything. now.We have been defended,and we get **** every penny. Eventually,They will take over the overtime. **** us personal day and vacation. Canada Post is cheap and greedy.
Mar 22, 2012
606 posts
334 upvotes
By the River
icexman83 wrote: Lost 18 hours in vacation and personal days from being on strike for 4 days. Doesn’t make any sense
Yep, hope this is fixed. 3 days on strike and about 20 hrs gone between both vacation and personal days.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2010
1613 posts
822 upvotes
toronto
with all this hate , surprised no one has gone postal on management
No advertising in avatars or sigs
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1496 posts
1037 upvotes
moncton
Crazyhorse75 wrote: That's dirty. Hopefully the union grieves that immediately. Just when I think we have a hope in hell to start getting a better employee-employer relationship, this happens. What are they thinking??
What would make you think the relationship was starting to get better?
Mar 22, 2012
606 posts
334 upvotes
By the River
jonny_fishead wrote: What would make you think the relationship was starting to get better?
It just felt like we were going somewhere more positive. It took the wind out of my sails, that's all.
Mar 22, 2012
606 posts
334 upvotes
By the River
That one move, wiped out a lot in my opinion.
This will generate a huge amount of animosity with every single employee.
I think they'll come out with a "computer glitch" scenario....I'm hoping so at least.
Aug 22, 2010
241 posts
113 upvotes
Union pulls a petty move with striking up to the back to work legislation and the Corp one ups them. Toxic environment as an employee. Taking it dry from both sides
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1118 posts
735 upvotes
LONDON
icexman83 wrote: Union pulls a petty move with striking up to the back to work legislation and the Corp one ups them. Toxic environment as an employee. Taking it dry from both sides
Yep, piece of crap union thinks they can bully the corporation- those who perform the work and keep the company afloat pay the price.

Note, union execs and management do not lose anything, only we do.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1118 posts
735 upvotes
LONDON
all the cult followers that cost us reliable employees $1000 and a decent contract/raise now crying foul.

Maybe this job isn't for you and your pathetic union after all!
Jul 2, 2018
240 posts
123 upvotes
fishscale4sale wrote:
To the anti-CUPW members in this thread, I know you all find it easy to point out all the wrong-doings by CUPW and Mike P, but I really hope you realize that Canada Post is even moreso to blame. They are spewing misinformation, lies, exaggerating, etc much more than CUPW is, IMO.

CP management should NEVER be trusted.

Like others have mentioned, if you don't like the stance that CUPW takes, either find a new non-union job or start getting involved.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't trust CP management. It's no secret that they are sneaky fat cats. Does that mean that the union should be trusted, simply because they spew misinformation, lie and exaggerate - just not as much as the corp does, and therefore are the lesser of two evils?

The ultimatum you push smacks of someone intolerant of differing views. "Get out, we don't want you if you're not one of us."

Edit: BTW, your pals in the Righteous Martyr brigade have set up shop at Gateway today, so I'm guessing there's not much of a need for weekend work at the local depots?
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
Noone knows who to trust anymore...Why is the union taking million dollar loans from other unions?
How could Cupw be broke collecting 45 million yearly in dues?
Why did it cost 4 million dollars for national convention last year?
Why didn't the union call a national strike?
Urban was very close to a deal but holding 40k members back because of RSMC. 2 different contracts and I haven't seen one RSMC on the picket line.
Oct 13, 2004
90 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
union are soar losers

joke

Asshole rules the human body
--------------------------------------------

All the organs of the body were having a meeting, trying to decide who was the one in charge.

"I should be in charge," said the brain, "Because I run all the body's systems, so without me nothing would happen."

"I should be in charge," said the blood , "because I circulate oxygen all over so without me you'd all waste away."

"I should be in charge," said the stomach , "because I process food and give all of you energy."

"I should be in charge," said the legs , "because I carry the body wherever it needs to go."

"I should be in charge," said the eyes, "Because I allow the body to see where it goes."

"I should be in charge," said the rectum , "Because I'm responsible for waste removal."

All the other body parts laughed at the rectum and insulted him, so in a huff, he shut down tight.

Within a few days, the brain had a terrible headache, the stomach was bloated, the legs got wobbly, the eyes got watery, and the blood was toxic. They all decided that the rectum should be the boss.

The Moral of the story?

The ass hole is usually in charge!
Mar 11, 2016
365 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
Progatron wrote: Edit: BTW, your pals in the Righteous Martyr brigade have set up shop at Gateway today, so I'm guessing there's not much of a need for weekend work at the local depots?
Unions block Gateway
RFD4LF. 😎
Jul 2, 2018
240 posts
123 upvotes

"More comrades have arrived!", boasts the CUPE (no, really, they said that) as they proudly strut around in the belief that they will be above the law indefinitely.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1118 posts
735 upvotes
LONDON
Progatron wrote:

"More comrades have arrived!", boasts the CUPE (no, really, they said that) as they proudly strut around in the belief that they will be above the law indefinitely.
Embarrassing to see those fools slowing down the mail. The employees working there are thrilled to be back at work, getting paid - some double time- and have no time for these morons.
Oct 24, 2017
110 posts
125 upvotes
Progatron wrote:

“More comrades!”??! It’s like we are living in Putin USSR want to be!
Why doesn’t CP call the cops right away to kick the “comrades” out??
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
These are the main reasons why the corp told the union to stuff it and for mediator to walk. To think a so called LABOUR union had this on the negots table combined with unfairly representing urban.

Charging stations for electric vehicles at post officesA renewable energy postal fleetPostal banking that provides inclusive financial services, especially to those underserved by commercial banks, like in rural and many Indigenous communitiesDoor-to-door mail carriers checking in on seniors and people with mobility issues, keeping more people in their own homes for longerPost offices as community hubs for digital access and social innovation, connecting communities and climate-friendly businesses to customersA consolidated last-mile delivery service that eases congestion in urban centres and reduces the environmental impact of our cities

We want a 100% renewable economy that addresses inequality, empowers us to make change, and improves our lives.

Our post office can deliver it.

“This isn’t just about wages and benefits – postal workers are negotiating for climate leadership and expanded services that improve the lives of everyone in this country,” said Megan Whitfield, CUPW Toronto Local President.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 5 guests)

VanMailMan, jerolapi, smatts