Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1236 posts
333 upvotes
Westside
Shafted1 wrote: Why quit? Stop working 12 hours days, do your 8 hours and call it a day. Bring back anything that you cannot finish
Yeah don't be a quitter :)

"It gets better...." Not. It's only getting worse.
Oct 12, 2011
139 posts
71 upvotes
Letter carrier is not worth $19xx/hr whatsoever. Go work on the rigs in Alberta instead, probably a little easier too..lol.
Jul 8, 2017
97 posts
123 upvotes
The secret is to not give a f***. Im taking my sweet ass time these days and taking all my breaks. I laugh at the ones who are rushing their routes and saving the corporation money.
Dec 5, 2013
226 posts
68 upvotes
I heard if you have three interviews you will be in trouble.And why the stupidvisor can have interview with someone with any reason?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12186 posts
3487 upvotes
GTA
firefireman wrote: I heard if you have three interviews you will be in trouble.And why the stupidvisor can have interview with someone with any reason?
Depends on the outcome of those interviews.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 14, 2015
268 posts
169 upvotes
Why are they still building sortation plants, like that controversial one in Winnipeg, if volumes are declining. Why are they buying vehicles and PDTs for everyone in the corporation?

Hell, why are supervisors on up getting bonuses for just doing their jobs? Shouldn't they be cutting down on the gravy if the financial situation is so dire??
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
2296 posts
1719 upvotes
at the chiropractors
bigbluesky wrote: Why are they still building sortation plants, like that controversial one in Winnipeg, if volumes are declining. Why are they buying vehicles and PDTs for everyone in the corporation?

Hell, why are supervisors on up getting bonuses for just doing their jobs? Shouldn't they be cutting down on the gravy if the financial situation is so dire??
They are doing those things to make sure things KEEP LOOKING dire. The conservative agenda doesn't allow for giving hope to the regular working class...
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Dec 13, 2017
9 posts
6 upvotes
This is my fist winter as a letter carrier. I’m wearing gloves that I cut the tips off of the thumb, fore finger and middle finger but the tips of those three fingers are getting very dry. I use moisturizer on my hands everyday but they’re so dry and raw that they hurt. Any tips to combat this?
Dec 5, 2013
226 posts
68 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote: Depends on the outcome of those interviews.
The question is who is the boss to decide the outcome? they argue,there is no judge there ,just two sides
Apr 20, 2013
278 posts
122 upvotes
Inthenothing wrote: This is my fist winter as a letter carrier. I’m wearing gloves that I cut the tips off of the thumb, fore finger and middle finger but the tips of those three fingers are getting very dry. I use moisturizer on my hands everyday but they’re so dry and raw that they hurt. Any tips to combat this?
Wear rubber/latex gloves under the gloves that you cut the fingertips off. Will retain heat and moisture, while still being able to handle the mail.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
2296 posts
1719 upvotes
at the chiropractors
bigbluesky wrote: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... -1.4440225

I didn't realize that they had "park and loops" when this guy started, well before PT.
yeah, they didn't. And they also didn't have to deliver parcels. And they were also done by 10 am. I can also guarantee that he also did not walk the route exactly how it was set up, and yet he is holier than thou claiming everybody else should. What I find to be most amazing is that he doesn't think that the home owners backing out of their own driveways is a hazard, but apparently it is just a hazard if it is a CP vehicle. First world problems at its finest....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)