Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7612 posts
1100 upvotes
Toronto
Applied as temp relief lc in October in the Gta, went through training and finished end of October. Got called to come In daily for full time u til Jan 15.

Me and several others applied for ft in the west as its faster to get status there, just last week the staffing supervisor told us us we got full time and start Jan 15 in the west.

We didnt even past the 480 hours probation. Still waiting on the letter as Canada post for some reason is slacking.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
2288 posts
1712 upvotes
at the chiropractors
PCDawg wrote: Applied as temp relief lc in October in the Gta, went through training and finished end of October. Got called to come In daily for full time u til Jan 15.

Me and several others applied for ft in the west as its faster to get status there, just last week the staffing supervisor told us us we got full time and start Jan 15 in the west.

We didnt even past the 480 hours probation. Still waiting on the letter as Canada post for some reason is slacking.
congrats to you...
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Member
Mar 12, 2013
208 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton
how To secure a Part Time Job in Canada PosT. i am based in EdmonTon
Member
User avatar
Aug 16, 2006
372 posts
70 upvotes
I have a question for the RSMCs on the thread. I was offered an on call position and I'm finding it difficult to get commercial coverage on my vehicle. Tried a broker, Allstate and thePersonal. Can someone point me towards the right direction? Thanks.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
12162 posts
3469 upvotes
GTA
kc1 wrote: I have a question for the RSMCs on the thread. I was offered an on call position and I'm finding it difficult to get commercial coverage on my vehicle. Tried a broker, Allstate and thePersonal. Can someone point me towards the right direction? Thanks.
Try a broker, let them do the leg work, no obligation and you can still check out options yourself.
_______________

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
12162 posts
3469 upvotes
GTA
PCDawg wrote: Applied as temp relief lc in October in the Gta, went through training and finished end of October. Got called to come In daily for full time u til Jan 15.

Me and several others applied for ft in the west as its faster to get status there, just last week the staffing supervisor told us us we got full time and start Jan 15 in the west.

We didnt even past the 480 hours probation. Still waiting on the letter as Canada post for some reason is slacking.
Wow, that's mad fast. Congratulations !

Some people in Hamilton were taking 10yrs :0
_______________

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2016
752 posts
385 upvotes
I’m just looking at my latest pay stub and I realized that I’m over 480 hours. I know that this means I can get uniform pieces. How do I go about this? Is there anything else I should be doing? Do I have to wait for a letter or anything?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
12162 posts
3469 upvotes
GTA
jmomccxx wrote: I’m just looking at my latest pay stub and I realized that I’m over 480 hours. I know that this means I can get uniform pieces. How do I go about this? Is there anything else I should be doing? Do I have to wait for a letter or anything?
You will get a letter explaining the process and instructions on your measurements.

Personally I couldn't wait to get the uniform and called Logistik once I hit 480. I can't remember how it was done exactly but I got my uniform about a month anyone else in my training class :)

A bit of advice, add on half an inch to your pant leg length.
_______________

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Newbie
Oct 19, 2017
62 posts
45 upvotes
jmomccxx wrote: I’m just looking at my latest pay stub and I realized that I’m over 480 hours. I know that this means I can get uniform pieces. How do I go about this? Is there anything else I should be doing? Do I have to wait for a letter or anything?
Just call 1-800-265-1314 or login to Logistik's website www.logistikunicorp.com
Newbie
Sep 6, 2015
85 posts
13 upvotes
York, ON
PCDawg wrote: Applied as temp relief lc in October in the Gta, went through training and finished end of October. Got called to come In daily for full time u til Jan 15.

Me and several others applied for ft in the west as its faster to get status there, just last week the staffing supervisor told us us we got full time and start Jan 15 in the west.

We didnt even past the 480 hours probation. Still waiting on the letter as Canada post for some reason is slacking.
That’s nice! Good luck to you in the West. I hope you’re not driving from east to west. Did they tell you where you’ll be stationed in?
Newbie
Sep 18, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Here is an odd question for all you Canada Post workers.

Someone came by this am to give me a package and i couldnt help notice the parka he was wearing. Any idea who supplies these (deep blue i colour wiht some large pockets and a good hood on it).

Trying to find a warm outdoor parka that isnt a fashion item, but designed to work in cold weather.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
12162 posts
3469 upvotes
GTA
kenned3 wrote: Here is an odd question for all you Canada Post workers.

Someone came by this am to give me a package and i couldnt help notice the parka he was wearing. Any idea who supplies these (deep blue i colour wiht some large pockets and a good hood on it).

Trying to find a warm outdoor parka that isnt a fashion item, but designed to work in cold weather.
Uniform company http://www.logistikunicorp.com/

Those parkas are extremely warm, I wear the shorter version, big one is too cumbersome.
_______________

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Newbie
Sep 18, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for your time, but that is a managed solution provider. They deal with who has what, etc.

Do you have any markings on the inside of your coat to indicate who actually made it?
Hugh Jass wrote: Uniform company http://www.logistikunicorp.com/

Those parkas are extremely warm, I wear the shorter version, big one is too cumbersome.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

jonny_fishead