Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4622 upvotes
GTA
mikebc wrote: I've never seen an "or current resident", that must be new. What a stupid loophole.
Been seeing them at least 2yrs in Toronto. I've been in depots where mgmt have freaked out about kills, whereas my current one says nothing and we kill more than half. I have one business that gets 11 Ulines every week, well they're meant to ;)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3206 posts
2498 upvotes
at the chiropractors
jonny_fishead wrote: I delivered 3 to one business and said to the lady aren't you lucky, you get 3 u-lines. She was like I called to try to cancel when I was getting one and now I get three...
I have also heard of people tying to cancel them with no success....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4622 upvotes
GTA
timetotellthetruth wrote: I have also heard of people tying to cancel them with no success....
All the time. One law office that gets 6 of them has called more than 3 times to no avail.

I have heard there is some success if the customer does it online, not sure how though, could be in their account or something.

One government office I go to, I have to leave the mail on the table outside the door, they literally have a three piles of Uline's, each about 3ft tall and growing.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1498 posts
1037 upvotes
moncton
Can you fax claim forms to great west or does it have to mailed? Its for orthotics and not an option on the app.
Banned
May 30, 2019
190 posts
96 upvotes
timetotellthetruth wrote: All lip service. Health and safety only matters if it doesn't cost them anything. There won't be any change in relations as long as they keep putting members of the old boys club in charge.....
Dunno about that. Their wasting 100 of thousands on signs, covering shifts of health and safety reps and for what?

Give me a raise, you can't teach common sense, morons that want to work unsafely will continue to do so.

Cut the babysitting, most of us are adults and can manage to do the job safely by using that part of the body called the brain. Shame many adults still need their hands held by their mommy(union/corporation).
Dec 8, 2017
164 posts
73 upvotes
jonny_fishead wrote: Can you fax claim forms to great west or does it have to mailed? Its for orthotics and not an option on the app.
No, it has to be mailed. Make copies of the prescription that has your medical diagnosis, as well as the forms having casting techniques used etc for your own files in case GWL says they did not receive them
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3206 posts
2498 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Otrosky101 wrote: Dunno about that. Their wasting 100 of thousands on signs, covering shifts of health and safety reps and for what?

Give me a raise, you can't teach common sense, morons that want to work unsafely will continue to do so.

Cut the babysitting, most of us are adults and can manage to do the job safely by using that part of the body called the brain. Shame many adults still need their hands held by their mommy(union/corporation).
Biggest health and safety issue that I see is saying that the triple bundle system is safer than the 1 bundle method. Implementing a 1 bundle system would cost them a lot of money through time values. Same with making the loops way too big, as each new stop adds 2 minutes of time values. Theses 100' s of thousands in "paper" for signage is peanuts, and is exactly the type of lip service I am talking about. But good for the Corp, as at least it has one of us fooled!
Banned
May 30, 2019
190 posts
96 upvotes
timetotellthetruth wrote: Biggest health and safety issue that I see is saying that the triple bundle system is safer than the 1 bundle method. Implementing a 1 bundle system would cost them a lot of money through time values. Same with making the loops way too big, as each new stop adds 2 minutes of time values. Theses 100' s of thousands in "paper" for signage is peanuts, and is exactly the type of lip service I am talking about. But good for the Corp, as at least it has one of us fooled!
The safest method is to eliminate door to door thus the problem with sequence mail disappears.

People are quite capable of using their own intelligence and if they find the the current method so hard, combining the flyer section would take no time at all in your vehicle.

Problem is that Canada Post and Cupw are both dumb, they make a simple task complicated.
Jun 16, 2019
27 posts
6 upvotes
I’m in an old depot with manual sorting. I hope they never change!
Sep 27, 2015
96 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know how or know if we can go all paperless of our Canada Post documents? For example, our bi-weekly pay stub, pension plan, reports, CPC news etc..

Thanks in advance. =)
Banned
May 30, 2019
190 posts
96 upvotes
KeCoMtL wrote: I’m in an old depot with manual sorting. I hope they never change!
Lucky, miss those days sorting complete walk, no parcels, a few registered letters.

Ain't coming back future is automation and even less workers.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3206 posts
2498 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Otrosky101 wrote: The safest method is to eliminate door to door thus the problem with sequence mail disappears.

People are quite capable of using their own intelligence and if they find the the current method so hard, combining the flyer section would take no time at all in your vehicle.

Problem is that Canada Post and Cupw are both dumb, they make a simple task complicated.
"The safest method is to eliminate door to door thus the problem with sequence mail disappears. " As hard as it is to admit it for most people.....this is true....although it causes other health and safety concerns...

"People are quite capable of using their own intelligence and if they find the the current method so hard, combining the flyer section would take no time at all in your vehicle. " That's a loaded one. I have seen a lot of really stupid people...lol

"Problem is that Canada Post and Cupw are both dumb, they make a simple task complicated." Can't argue with that. Both sides are stubborn donkeys....
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3206 posts
2498 upvotes
at the chiropractors
https://www.cupw.ca/en/pay-equity-outstanding-issues

Nice to see continuing movement for the RSMC's. Sucks to be us urbanites! Can hardly wait to get my three raises at once, by the time we are settled. Of course, if the conservatives get in, they will probably just halt the whole proceedings and legislate cutbacks again instead.....Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
Sep 19, 2004
745 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
Flyhigh22 wrote: Anyone know how or know if we can go all paperless of our Canada Post documents? For example, our bi-weekly pay stub, pension plan, reports, CPC news etc..

Thanks in advance. =)
You can register a Canada post epost account, then you will get your pay stub online, but you still receive paper for all other staff.
Jun 16, 2019
27 posts
6 upvotes
We do get parcels on walking routes. In my first 7 weeks I was on a parcel delivery route and was surprised to see registered letters that I transport in a truck. Now I’ve been on foot routes for 4 weeks and have “signature required” parcels that I end up carrying around for nothing. I’m sure this has been said but I’m new and it’s the most obvious thing!
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3206 posts
2498 upvotes
at the chiropractors
KeCoMtL wrote: We do get parcels on walking routes. In my first 7 weeks I was on a parcel delivery route and was surprised to see registered letters that I transport in a truck. Now I’ve been on foot routes for 4 weeks and have “signature required” parcels that I end up carrying around for nothing. I’m sure this has been said but I’m new and it’s the most obvious thing!
Back in the day, we certainly did get parcels on a walking route as well. However, anything oversized or over three pounds you could give to your driver.......
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2015
1117 posts
1014 upvotes
York, ON
Yes those are packets not parcels, technically. Hopefully if you're in a footwalk stn you have a packeteer.

Even on a footwalk I will sometimes see 70-90 packets at Christmas because the walk is so huge. Still beats driving around in a truck trying to find parking so I can unload 3 boxes of 49.9 lb cat litter. Do not miss that on the least.
Banned
Jun 17, 2009
1765 posts
181 upvotes
onatrio
another safety issue is...I have 300 busineesess , mostly in and out of the transit....hard on the testicles, in and out all day on a transit..sure this cant be fixed...
timetotellthetruth wrote: Biggest health and safety issue that I see is saying that the triple bundle system is safer than the 1 bundle method. Implementing a 1 bundle system would cost them a lot of money through time values. Same with making the loops way too big, as each new stop adds 2 minutes of time values. Theses 100' s of thousands in "paper" for signage is peanuts, and is exactly the type of lip service I am talking about. But good for the Corp, as at least it has one of us fooled!

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 6 guests)

dilbertojonesy