Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Sr. Member
Aug 21, 2010
784 posts
299 upvotes
toronto
masks,,i doubt they work,,but i do agree with the social distancing.....hopefully canada post does the social distancing protocal,,,,
mikebc wrote: Yup. 40 down from 170 on Monday. Results not typical, no OT, clean floor (hasn't happened since October). Stuff has just ground to a halt. I imagine nearly everything I'm getting is local or regional, since PPC is still trucking along as usual.

Considering there's 4000+ employees at Gateway (in which case, 121 is a drop in the bucket), I'm assuming there's probably 10x that number at home on precautionary or "sick holiday". We shouldn't be seeing service interruptions over a 2% drop in staffing. They said they started mass testing yesterday, I'm assuming that 121 number will be eclipsed shortly by real numbers showing a mass outbreak. At minimum, an entire shift was likely directly exposed, meaning potentially a thousand people were a fabric mask away from infection. We all know there's no social distancing going on in processing centers.

On a side note, I just had 3 personal packages blast through Mississauga on the weekend (under 24 hours between drop off, initial process and "in transit"). 2 days to Richmond, on my doorstep today. I know there are still backlogs out there, but first-in-first-out has absolutely been ignored. I delivered an expresspost packet from Nov 21 yesterday.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1046 posts
631 upvotes
LONDON
Obviously we need robotic help in the plant, employees are not reliable and healthy enough to keep our essential operation in business.

As we automate more and decrease the need for thousands of employees in one building this problem will go away, as will jobs unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1046 posts
631 upvotes
LONDON
your best bet wrote: masks,,i doubt they work,,but i do agree with the social distancing.....hopefully canada post does the social distancing protocal,,,,
The "experts" promised us that this would be over if we all would wear masks and follow dear leaders instructions....meanwhile dear leaders and his/her friends broke ALL the rules as they tend to do.
Member
Jun 8, 2019
492 posts
222 upvotes
Robots good, Trudeau bad.. lol.

It’s a good thing they are doing mass testing I guess. I’d assume there are ALOT more than a 100 or so cases there right now.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
2379 posts
1797 upvotes
at the chiropractors
stalbert1 wrote: The "experts" promised us that this would be over if we all would wear masks and follow dear leaders instructions....meanwhile dear leaders and his/her friends broke ALL the rules as they tend to do.
Wrong. They said to wear masks to help flatten the curve and to help to not overwhelm the hospitals. You have got to stop listening to Fox news. There is only one clown that said it would all go away.......and now thankfully....he has.
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1046 posts
631 upvotes
LONDON
timetotellthetruth wrote: Wrong. They said to wear masks to help flatten the curve and to help to not overwhelm the hospitals. You have got to stop listening to Fox news. There is only one clown that said it would all go away.......and now thankfully....he has.
Your the gullible one if you swallowed the flatten the curve tale my friend.

Don't worry though, your job isn't one of thousands being destroyed while the curve still wasn't "flattened",by wearing a piece of cloth.

Now you can go back to watching CBC,NBC,FOX,BBC, and the rest since they've had the same news about COVID since last March.
Member
Jun 8, 2019
492 posts
222 upvotes
stalbert1 wrote: Your the gullible one if you swallowed the flatten the curve tale my friend.

Don't worry though, your job isn't one of thousands being destroyed while the curve still wasn't "flattened",by wearing a piece of cloth.

Now you can go back to watching CBC,NBC,FOX,BBC, and the rest since they've had the same news about COVID since last March.
Oh my god, I think you are my uncle on Facebook lol.
Sr. Member
Mar 24, 2016
879 posts
1279 upvotes
scarborough
27 more employees tested positive within the last 48 hours

i guess that would bring the numbers up and around 148
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 19, 2004
646 posts
275 upvotes
explorer11 wrote: 27 more employees tested positive within the last 48 hours

i guess that would bring the numbers up and around 148
Holy, was the number from the mandatory test? Has the test completed?
Sr. Member
Mar 24, 2016
879 posts
1279 upvotes
scarborough
sunvv wrote: Holy, was the number from the mandatory test? Has the test completed?
Nope. Shift one and two have not been tested yet. Shift 1 and 2 is not mandatory, unlike shift 3 which all employee were to get tested. If refused you go home to quarantine . If you break quarantine you could face a fine and possible suspension
Newbie
Aug 6, 2020
20 posts
18 upvotes
temps are disposable. if they get sick they are discarded. sad. But they pay 1000$ per year to the union like everyone else, and that probably equals to a minimum of 5% of pay before taking taxes and the rest. what a racket. If you work 8 hours in a month (someone correct me if im wrong), you have to pay the union dues, which equal to 3 hours a month ? for max pay permanents but 4 hours for temps since they are paid less. some temps pay more in union dues than they spend on food.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1866 posts
2073 upvotes
BC
If you're shift 2 at Gateway and you refuse the test, then they force you to quarantine, you are NOT being paid right? If they get paid, holy ****, burn their houses down.
Newbie
Sep 22, 2019
58 posts
44 upvotes
“Refuse to test”... For the safety of all the refuse to test shouldn’t be allowed.
And how on earth can Gateway have so many positive cases when CP has been implementing mask use and social distancing?... is it because of infected people spreading it during lunch break?
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1046 posts
631 upvotes
LONDON
TonyS44950 wrote: “Refuse to test”... For the safety of all the refuse to test shouldn’t be allowed.
And how on earth can Gateway have so many positive cases when CP has been implementing mask use and social distancing?... is it because of infected people spreading it during lunch break?
Test is bogus anyway, take it 5 times good chance you'll get various results, lots of bogus employees at Gateway too, dogf@@@ is a hobby there!
Sr. Member
Apr 30, 2015
915 posts
718 upvotes
York, ON
mikebc wrote: If you're shift 2 at Gateway and you refuse the test, then they force you to quarantine, you are NOT being paid right? If they get paid, holy ****, burn their houses down.
From what I've read it sounds like they're getting quarantine pay. It makes no sense to me at all.

Why refuse the test? What possible reason could someone have to do that? And why would they not be disciplined for it?

Like, people get 5 day suspensions for not delivering flyers. But you refuse a covid test during a workplace outbreak and you're sent home on full pay? What the hell is wrong with this company?
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1046 posts
631 upvotes
LONDON
Canada Post has so many employees who cannot see the future that they are creating.
By being off work with a runny nose, or taking child care leave to look after a toddler although you live with your parents is a cupw method of entitlement from the big bad corporation.

Because of these thieving employees, parcels get delayed for weeks. What happens in the future? Contracts are lost....jobs are lost...

Hope you don't plan to be here 20 years from now, because you won't be.
Your playing right into the companies hands, losing money regularly gives them the incentive for privatization.
Just what they've wanted for years.

Congratulations fools, you can always get a job delivering for Amazon using your own vehicle for minimum wage. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

davedarave10