Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
2381 posts
1797 upvotes
at the chiropractors
stalbert1 wrote: Canada Post has so many employees who cannot see the future that they are creating.
By being off work with a runny nose, or taking child care leave to look after a toddler although you live with your parents is a cupw method of entitlement from the big bad corporation.

Because of these thieving employees, parcels get delayed for weeks. What happens in the future? Contracts are lost....jobs are lost...

Hope you don't plan to be here 20 years from now, because you won't be.
Your playing right into the companies hands, losing money regularly gives them the incentive for privatization.
Just what they've wanted for years.

Congratulations fools, you can always get a job delivering for Amazon using your own vehicle for minimum wage. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Jun 25, 2010
791 posts
240 upvotes
TonyS44950 wrote: “Refuse to test”... For the safety of all the refuse to test shouldn’t be allowed.
And how on earth can Gateway have so many positive cases when CP has been implementing mask use and social distancing?... is it because of infected people spreading it during lunch break?
People are selfish pricks . Doing an RDO while being positive.
Sep 19, 2004
647 posts
277 upvotes
tarjet wrote: From what I've read it sounds like they're getting quarantine pay. It makes no sense to me at all.

Why refuse the test? What possible reason could someone have to do that? And why would they not be disciplined for it?

Like, people get 5 day suspensions for not delivering flyers. But you refuse a covid test during a workplace outbreak and you're sent home on full pay? What the hell is wrong with this company?
Yeah, for voluntary rest I can understand people won’t participate. But for the mandatory test, I don’t understand how they can get away with it.

I have no doubt that our union is involved because the union rarely does right things.
Last edited by sunvv on Jan 22nd, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1872 posts
2076 upvotes
BC
If it comes back negative you go back to work. If you refuse you get a free holiday.
Sep 19, 2004
647 posts
277 upvotes
mikebc wrote: If it comes back negative you go back to work. If you refuse you get a free holiday.
So there is a strong incentive to refuse.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5488 posts
2154 upvotes
Winnipeg
stalbert1 wrote: Canada Post has so many employees who cannot see the future that they are creating.
By being off work with a runny nose, or taking child care leave to look after a toddler although you live with your parents is a cupw method of entitlement from the big bad corporation.

Because of these thieving employees, parcels get delayed for weeks. What happens in the future? Contracts are lost....jobs are lost...

Hope you don't plan to be here 20 years from now, because you won't be.
Your playing right into the companies hands, losing money regularly gives them the incentive for privatization.
Just what they've wanted for years.

Congratulations fools, you can always get a job delivering for Amazon using your own vehicle for minimum wage. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
They lost so much business on the last “strike”.
Walmart gone, Amazon almost all gone except for rural and many others. You will be sure that they track delivery performance which was horrible this season.
Canada post is also using archaic technology and people fighting for batteries every morning.
Supposedly they used offsite locations over Xmas season.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5488 posts
2154 upvotes
Winnipeg
CE556789-FEF6-4B2B-A64A-C130806F90E9.jpeg
This is the union’s latest campaign for negots
Jun 8, 2019
495 posts
222 upvotes
airmail wrote: They lost so much business on the last “strike”.
Walmart gone, Amazon almost all gone except for rural and many others. You will be sure that they track delivery performance which was horrible this season.
Canada post is also using archaic technology and people fighting for batteries every morning.
Supposedly they used offsite locations over Xmas season.
The delivery performance is always going to be better with their own people because they can pick up right from the distribution center. It’s also going to be very hard to undercut their prices considering how much they pay their delivery agents. In other words, I’m not sure id agree that competing for more Amazon is a good idea. Especially, when Amazon contractors safe drop everything and just dump parcels in lobbies. (On my route fed ex and other non ups/pluralator do this as well).

We should be cornering the small business market as much as possible. I agree that standards could be better when they come to delivery though.
Sep 22, 2019
58 posts
44 upvotes
gotwgoty wrote: The delivery performance is always going to be better with their own people because they can pick up right from the distribution center. It’s also going to be very hard to undercut their prices considering how much they pay their delivery agents. In other words, I’m not sure id agree that competing for more Amazon is a good idea. Especially, when Amazon contractors safe drop everything and just dump parcels in lobbies. (On my route fed ex and other non ups/pluralator do this as well).

We should be cornering the small business market as much as possible. I agree that standards could be better when they come to delivery though.
I know that some fellow posties also dump stuff in lobbies. But on my route all parcels I deliver to the door, knock and leave, when I’m allowed too. I’m taking that extra effort, but believe me, people love it when you treat their items with respect and care, and not like a piece of lard!
I do agree, as Canada post, we should give customers much better service, also posties need to smile more, this job is not rocket science, and we get paid pretty decent money for what it is, yet some posties look so miserable and keep that face even when interacting with customers ....
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1046 posts
633 upvotes
LONDON
TonyS44950 wrote: I know that some fellow posties also dump stuff in lobbies. But on my route all parcels I deliver to the door, knock and leave, when I’m allowed too. I’m taking that extra effort, but believe me, people love it when you treat their items with respect and care, and not like a piece of lard!
I do agree, as Canada post, we should give customers much better service, also posties need to smile more, this job is not rocket science, and we get paid pretty decent money for what it is, yet some posties look so miserable and keep that face even when interacting with customers ....
Yep, so many miserable, lazy slobs delivering and working for us. No respect for the customer or the product they are delivering. Treat the mail, parcels as if its going to YOUR house.

Carding items rather than buzzing an apartment should be a firing offense!

If it's so bad - how about quitting???
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1872 posts
2076 upvotes
BC
What a teaser, I can't wait! I don't think this is making National headlines yet, too much other stuff going on.
Jun 8, 2019
495 posts
222 upvotes
TonyS44950 wrote: I know that some fellow posties also dump stuff in lobbies. But on my route all parcels I deliver to the door, knock and leave, when I’m allowed too. I’m taking that extra effort, but believe me, people love it when you treat their items with respect and care, and not like a piece of lard!
I haven’t seen that when I do OT. Isn’t that a pretty big no no? We aren’t allowed to safe drop in lobbies in our depot.

I don’t really care about Amazon doing it because their packaging is so distinctive. However, fed ex and others doing it looks bad on me because I know people in the building assume it’s Canada post (some have asked me).
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
2381 posts
1797 upvotes
at the chiropractors
I work with lot's of great people that are responsible and caring and friendly. You guys seem to focus and project like half the company are terrible and one of you seems to hate everybody. Have a great weekend everybody!!!!!
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12349 posts
3578 upvotes
GTA
For every customer that appreciates us not leaving their item on the doorstep for safety, there's another that gets pissed off that they have to go to the RPO. We can't win.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)