Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Apr 30, 2015
906 posts
706 upvotes
York, ON
mikebc wrote: If you're shift 2 at Gateway and you refuse the test, then they force you to quarantine, you are NOT being paid right? If they get paid, holy ****, burn their houses down.
From what I've read it sounds like they're getting quarantine pay. It makes no sense to me at all.

Why refuse the test? What possible reason could someone have to do that? And why would they not be disciplined for it?

Like, people get 5 day suspensions for not delivering flyers. But you refuse a covid test during a workplace outbreak and you're sent home on full pay? What the hell is wrong with this company?
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1023 posts
610 upvotes
LONDON
Canada Post has so many employees who cannot see the future that they are creating.
By being off work with a runny nose, or taking child care leave to look after a toddler although you live with your parents is a cupw method of entitlement from the big bad corporation.

Because of these thieving employees, parcels get delayed for weeks. What happens in the future? Contracts are lost....jobs are lost...

Hope you don't plan to be here 20 years from now, because you won't be.
Your playing right into the companies hands, losing money regularly gives them the incentive for privatization.
Just what they've wanted for years.

Congratulations fools, you can always get a job delivering for Amazon using your own vehicle for minimum wage. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
2345 posts
1756 upvotes
at the chiropractors
stalbert1 wrote: Canada Post has so many employees who cannot see the future that they are creating.
By being off work with a runny nose, or taking child care leave to look after a toddler although you live with your parents is a cupw method of entitlement from the big bad corporation.

Because of these thieving employees, parcels get delayed for weeks. What happens in the future? Contracts are lost....jobs are lost...

Hope you don't plan to be here 20 years from now, because you won't be.
Your playing right into the companies hands, losing money regularly gives them the incentive for privatization.
Just what they've wanted for years.

Congratulations fools, you can always get a job delivering for Amazon using your own vehicle for minimum wage. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Jun 25, 2010
785 posts
236 upvotes
TonyS44950 wrote: “Refuse to test”... For the safety of all the refuse to test shouldn’t be allowed.
And how on earth can Gateway have so many positive cases when CP has been implementing mask use and social distancing?... is it because of infected people spreading it during lunch break?
People are selfish pricks . Doing an RDO while being positive.
Sep 19, 2004
622 posts
244 upvotes
tarjet wrote: From what I've read it sounds like they're getting quarantine pay. It makes no sense to me at all.

Why refuse the test? What possible reason could someone have to do that? And why would they not be disciplined for it?

Like, people get 5 day suspensions for not delivering flyers. But you refuse a covid test during a workplace outbreak and you're sent home on full pay? What the hell is wrong with this company?
Yeah, for voluntary rest I can understand people won’t participate. But for the mandatory test, I don’t understand how they can get away with it.

I have no doubt that our union is involved because the union rarely does right things.
Last edited by sunvv on Jan 22nd, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1815 posts
2004 upvotes
BC
If it comes back negative you go back to work. If you refuse you get a free holiday.
Sep 19, 2004
622 posts
244 upvotes
mikebc wrote: If it comes back negative you go back to work. If you refuse you get a free holiday.
So there is a strong incentive to refuse.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)