Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1818 posts
2004 upvotes
BC
What a teaser, I can't wait! I don't think this is making National headlines yet, too much other stuff going on.
Jun 8, 2019
471 posts
210 upvotes
TonyS44950 wrote: I know that some fellow posties also dump stuff in lobbies. But on my route all parcels I deliver to the door, knock and leave, when I’m allowed too. I’m taking that extra effort, but believe me, people love it when you treat their items with respect and care, and not like a piece of lard!
I do agree, as Canada post, we should give customers much better service, also posties need to smile more, this job is not rocket science, and we get paid pretty decent money for what it is, yet some posties look so miserable and keep that face even when interacting with customers ....
I haven’t seen that when I do OT. Isn’t that a pretty big no no? We aren’t allowed to safe drop in lobbies in our depot.

I don’t really care about Amazon doing it because their packaging is so distinctive. However, fed ex and others doing it looks bad on me because I know people in the building assume it’s Canada post (some have asked me).
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
2347 posts
1762 upvotes
at the chiropractors
I work with lot's of great people that are responsible and caring and friendly. You guys seem to focus and project like half the company are terrible and one of you seems to hate everybody. Have a great weekend everybody!!!!!
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12277 posts
3547 upvotes
GTA
For every customer that appreciates us not leaving their item on the doorstep for safety, there's another that gets pissed off that they have to go to the RPO. We can't win.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 24, 2016
825 posts
1133 upvotes
scarborough
A group of employees who work the same shift at a Canada Post facility in Mississauga have been sent home and advised to isolate to prevent further spread of COVID-19 as the number of cases at the site continues to climb.
The Crown corporation said that employees and contractors who worked on the afternoon shift (shift 3) in Gateway East were instructed to leave the Dixie Road location Friday evening and told to self-isolate for 14 days.

https://www.cp24.com/news/several-canad ... -1.5279558
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1818 posts
2004 upvotes
BC
2021-01-23
COVID-19 Strikes Toronto Gateway East

In recent days, the number of workers testing positive for COVID-19 at the Gateway East facility in Mississauga has greatly increased. Public health authorities have ordered that all shift #3 employees are to self-isolate. These employees will receive paid quarantine leave. All shift #2 employees will have to be tested for COVID-19 or self-isolate for 14 days.

https://www.cupw.ca/en/covid-19-strikes ... -210011237
So, Mississauga is effectively shut down. No international, probably running 2 of 3 shifts at half power. F in chat for Canada Post executives, they all just lost their jobs.
Mar 24, 2016
825 posts
1133 upvotes
scarborough
mikebc wrote: So, Mississauga is effectively shut down. No international, probably running 2 of 3 shifts at half power. F in chat for Canada Post executives, they all just lost their jobs.
Really dont know who drop the ball on this one

Mississauga health dept for not investigating he number of cases or Gateway mgmt. for telling Canadian boarder service they had only 20 cases when it was 120 at the time
Sep 19, 2004
623 posts
245 upvotes
explorer11 wrote: A group of employees who work the same shift at a Canada Post facility in Mississauga have been sent home and advised to isolate to prevent further spread of COVID-19 as the number of cases at the site continues to climb.
The Crown corporation said that employees and contractors who worked on the afternoon shift (shift 3) in Gateway East were instructed to leave the Dixie Road location Friday evening and told to self-isolate for 14 days.

https://www.cp24.com/news/several-canad ... -1.5279558
I doubt these confirmed positive cases were from the same shift. Probably the number will be really shocking after the test completed for other shifts.
Mar 24, 2016
825 posts
1133 upvotes
scarborough
sunvv wrote: I doubt these confirmed positive cases were from the same shift. Probably the number will be really shocking after the test completed for other shifts.
Most are from that shift 3 Afternoon. That's the busiest shift at Gateway

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

TheGForce